It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One in Eight U.S. Biology Teachers Teaches Creationism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

What a shame it isn't 100%. Yes we are still in the middle ages, the wool is just pulled over your eyes and you don't know it. The whole philosophical materialistic, scientific B.S. is like an artificial moon blocking out the sun. An anti-religious paragrim that the Godless drink in, like it is a shadow from the hot sun.
Here is a good one for you.
Scientist recently announced that they are looking for a new, theory of Gravity!
They also still insist that evolution is just as sure as, the theory of gravity.
They also just announced that they are looking for a new theory of Evolution.
No matter what we teach the kids. As long as they believe that man is the only god they will ever know or trust in.
Continue on now with your ignorance. The button is on my avatar!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47

What a shame it isn't 100%. Yes we are still in the middle ages, the wool is just pulled over your eyes and you don't know it. The whole philosophical materialistic, scientific B.S. is like an artificial moon blocking out the sun. An anti-religious paragrim that the Godless drink in, like it is a shadow from the hot sun.
Scientist recently announced that they are looking for a new, theory of Gravity!
They also still insist that evolution is just as sure as, the theory of gravity.
No matter what we teach the kids. As long as they believe that man is the only god they will ever know or trust in.

Citations please? Or are you just pulling these out of you know where?

There's a difference between revising old theories as new evidence and information comes up and just throwing the old theory out of the window, like you're proposing.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47

Citations please? Or are you just pulling these out of you know where?

There's a difference between revising old theories as new evidence and information comes up and just throwing the old theory out of the window, like you're proposing.

[edit on 5/27/2008 by Epic Wolf]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epic Wolf

Maybe, I'm wasting my time, but, it's worth a try;

-Don’t associate with non-Christians.

It doesn't say that.

Don’t receive them into your house

It's talking about false prophets and ministries.

or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

God speed is translated from the greek, chairō
1) to rejoice, be glad

2) to rejoice exceedingly

3) to be well, thrive

4) in salutations, hail!

5) at the beginning of letters: to give one greeting, salute

The one used here is to signify blessing that person.
Don't help a false prophet stay misled.

-You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20

Jesus told us to LOVE our enemy.

-Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak”-- 1 Corinthians 14:34)

What's wrong with that?
Except it allows singing praises to the Lord or even prophesying.
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
BTW, I'm not talking about the FALSE prophesy or CRAZY junk that goes on in some churches.

-"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" (l Corinthians 11:14)

Men shouldn't try to look like sweet ladies.

-“If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints?”

Christians are supposed to take care of disputes with fellow Christians WITHOUT a court.

-“Judge not, that ye be not judged” (Matthew 7:1) and “Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn not and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven” (Luke 6:37)

Do you have a problem with that one?

-Believers are supposed to hate their parents when they follow Jesus (“If any man come to me, and not hate his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sister, yet, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple” (Luke 14:26).

It means that PROPORTIONALLY, your love for God makes your love for your family and own life looks like hate.

Otherwise, you would violate a ten commandment to HONOR your Mother and Father.

-They are not to oppose evil (“But I say unto you, that ye resist not evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also”-- Matthew 5:39

We KNOW the power of prayer to change man, so that we don't use a sword!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Please, just name me a couple of fossils.

I live FAR away from museums.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

This site has some good pictures of fossils from the pre-cambrian all the way to 'recent' times (it's pretty interesting even if you don't believe the theory).

It should be noted, though, that the fossil record isn't the only evidence of evolution. Molecular genetics has also provided some compelling evidence lending further weight to the theory.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by keeb333

No, back up for a sec there Skippy. Noone here ever said Creationism was proven. I have said all along it is a theory just as is evolution. You are the one that just stated that evolution is fact and proven. So I ask for proof possitive of evolution.

Its not that its not proven its that it isn't even testable! If it isn't testable then by definition it cannot be a theory.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Epic Wolf

Teach them science, as a fact; when scientist admit they don't know what their talking about?! No wonder the world is headed for the black hole of destruction.

The dark energy and dark matter are both bandages invented to attempt to save a gravity theory which does not match observations.
A theory which needs such big bandages is in serious trouble.
more

Evo's look for new theory. paradigm shift is on the way for Evolution

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Howie47]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Religion and science are to totally different things. That is something religious people believing to the totally unpossible floating thing called ark cant just understand.
USA is along with countries like Iran and Iraq and some other muslim countries where they blend religion to the state affairs and teach religion in their schools as the truth. Way to go

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
This shows a common and complete misunderstanding in creation circles. The facts of evolution are proven, the theory is merely a framework to slot facts into.

You assume that i am inside the creation "circle", i never said or implied that. The mere fact that a person does not believe in Darwin's THEORY does not mean that they believer in creationism.

While the facts of evolution may be proven in some cases, it has yet to be proven as far as humans are concerned. Until they find all the evidence, including the missing link it is just an unproven theory.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Its not 'just' an unproven theory, its the best one with the most weight of evidence supporting it. Thats the important part.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by wytworm]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

I read that article about the paradigm shift in evolutionary theory, it was quite good. The gist of it is they are looking into modifying the theory of evolution to take into account new discoveries and knowledge which has come out since the original theory was penned. This isn't really surprising since Darwin didn't even know DNA existed and it will give us a more accurate representation of how life evolved.

Science evolves as we advance with hypotheses being refined as empirical evidence dictates. Each generation of scientists builds upon the work of those who went before them, it's not a bad thing, it is how we progress.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chris McGee

It looked like a pretty biased source so i didn't read it. I didn't see it anywhere that they are revising it to declare it doesn't exist however, so i wonder what the intention of the OP was...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chris McGee

There would be the Evo's interpretation of what the article said. i.e.

looking into modifying the theory of evolution

Then there is what the article actually said in the beginning.

there should be a new theory, it already appears a done deal

So goes how all the observation of biology is interpreted.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Fossils don't prove evolution. That's absurd to even think. Don't even get me started on carbon dating. It is so very unreliable. Natural selection is so full of holes it doesn't hold water. Insinuating nature selects animals for extinction is giving deity to nature. The only thing fossils prove is that something died some years ago, they don't prove squat about evolution.
How about this, if we evolved over millions of years from single celled organisms, why did we stop evolving? Man has been upright and moblie and looking like we do for thousands of years. Why did we stop? Are we evolved as far as we can go? What happens now, does the human race just die off and nature selects another `animal to be the pregeniter of the next phase in evolution?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A little bit of topic, but I'm a little bit high....

I read a quote once, "An infinite universe is more perfect than a created one."

Infinite is a difficult uh, thing to grasp. It must be the human in me but I am drawn to creation.

Everything about this universe astonishes me. From the sub atomic particles to the swirling galaxies. It makes it seem as if anything is possible. For me, it also seems possible that it is a creation of something..........somewhere.

Here I am back at "but where did that something come from?" for the 1000th time

If there was something that did create, it has created a universe in 'freestyle mode' if you will. There is no fate or karma. Just a grand experiment taking its intended course, with no interference. Comets and other cosmic killers randomly hurtling around destroying intelligence in one galaxy and just missing in another. Everything is just FREESTYLING.
If this universe was a creation by 'something' then that 'something' can't hear you and won't help you and is not going to appear on earth in the from of a human and save the day........................highly unlikely anyways but you never know

peace

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Recent advances in microbiology have shown the incomprehensible complexity of DNA and the living cell. The human DNA molecules are the chromosomes that comprise the human genome. The purpose of the DNA is to specify the information for the human blueprint. Information is separate from the chemicals that are just the media for the information. Only intelligence can generate information. How can we believe that such complicated information could have generated randomly?

New knowledge about the cell is equally incompatible with random origin. A cell is extremely complex and the way it performs its functions is similar to a sophisticated factory. The way DNA is self-repairing, the way RNA works with DNA, and the way proteins are synthesized using RNA templates screams of a Designer.

www.allaboutcreation.org...

Just a little more for the puzzle.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

We are still evolving. Look at the various races from around the world, you must see the pattern. Near the equator = dark skin, away from the equator = light skin. Underneath it all they are made up of the same flesh bone.

It will take a while but eventually, after/if many generations are continuously immersed in a digital world like that of today, we will grow larger brains and smaller bodies. Unless gene manipulation comes into play, which IMO probably will at some point.

peace

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Recent advances in microbiology have shown the incomprehensible complexity of DNA and the living cell. ...blah blah blah.

So your premise is that advances in science have made DNA/cellular biology less comprehensible rather than more? Or just outright incomprehensible? To who? You? My wife makes a tidy living comprehending it. Please don't tell her boss she is faking it!

Only intelligence can generate information.

How did you arrive at this axiom? What evidence for it is there? Clearly there is evidence against it!

The way DNA is self-repairing, the way RNA works with DNA, and the way proteins are synthesized using RNA templates screams of a Designer.

Screams it to a Creationist. This is a barn wall circle. Start with the conclusion. Back fill in evidence that agrees with the conclusion. Disregard anything that doesn't fit. This is anti-theory, not theory. If your post got close enough to a theory the two would destroy the universe in a cataclysmic explosion...

[edit on 27-5-2008 by wytworm]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Fossils don't prove evolution. That's absurd to even think. Don't even get me started on carbon dating. It is so very unreliable. Natural selection is so full of holes it doesn't hold water. Insinuating nature selects animals for extinction is giving deity to nature. The only thing fossils prove is that something died some years ago, they don't prove squat about evolution.
How about this, if we evolved over millions of years from single celled organisms, why did we stop evolving? Man has been upright and moblie and looking like we do for thousands of years. Why did we stop? Are we evolved as far as we can go? What happens now, does the human race just die off and nature selects another `animal to be the pregeniter of the next phase in evolution?

Evolution does not set up species for extinction. Natural selection sets up animals to survive in it's environment. Fossils DO prove evolution as well as natural selection. It's absurd to believe in a sky-daddy, but you do it anyways. Fossils show changes over time to dinosaurs and how they evolved into modern animals such as lizards and salamanders.
We have not stopped evolving. Evolution is a constant process. How long have modern humans been around? Not long enough for noticeable evolutionary changes. You fail to grasp that concept; It takes a long time. It's not even dinosaurs that prove evolution, but fossils of our own ancestor.
What exactly do you expect humans to evolve? We can't walk any more upright, and we have no need for tails anymore for balance, and wings are not something that will appear for millions of years in us, if that's even possible for us to evolve.
Human extinction and 'de-evolution' may be exactly where we are headed. Who is to say? There other many other species of animals that will long outlive us. Personally, I feel either tigers, eagles, dogs, or wolves will evolve into the dominant species. If our environment changes so drastically that all the humans die off and we can't evolve fast enough to adapt, that will happen. Again, you're showing this overbearing need to feel special in some deities eyes.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join