It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One in Eight U.S. Biology Teachers Teaches Creationism

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

But it's not a fundamentalist view. The Bible clearly says how to be a Christian. Stating that makes me a fundamentalist? If you don't wish to be a Christian, then don't. But do not come into a faith and try and change it to better suit you.
The Boy Scouts of America was started with Christian roots and principles. Peole have been trying to change it for years. Girls have been suing because they cannot be Boy Scouts, atheists have been suing because they want to be Boy Scouts but do not wish to follow the Christian guidelines. There are Girl Scout troops that girls can join. If Atheists have a problem then they can join a non Christian based group. Don't try and come in and change it to suit you. Promise keepers is a mens Christian conference to teach us about being Godly fathers and husbands and there were actually women protesting it because it was for men only. Get your own group.
My point is there are guidelines clearly defined on how to be a Christian. If you don't follow those guidelines or believe those guidelines then you are not a Christian.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

This it the fundamentalist part: If you don't follow those guidelines or believe those guidelines then you are not a Christian.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skipper1975
we were created..there is some evolution going on and that's good,but most tings were created
_javascript:quote()

Of course we were created.

The question is how were we created. Even evolving from microisms is a creation process.

Or was Earth seeded?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sounds like one in eight US Biology teachers need to be fired!

And then educated about the difference between science and religious fantasy!

I would be LIVID if one of my children came home from school and said that creationism was being taught in Science class!
That teacher would not keep his/her job for long!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chris McGee

Pushing agendas is what modern education is all about;; whether it is evolution, abortion, homosexuality, gender equality, ...the list is sooo loong...

I think a "balanced and complete" form of education is beneficial to students and society.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

I seriously doubt that you alone have the power or authority to relieve someone of his or her job. Especially over them teaching Creationism. Why do you fear your child being tought a theory contrary to evolution? We're not talking about personal demonstrations in sex ed. We're talking an apposing theory in science class.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by keeb333

I seriously doubt that you alone have the power or authority to relieve someone of his or her job. Especially over them teaching Creationism. Why do you fear your child being tought a theory contrary to evolution? We're not talking about personal demonstrations in sex ed. We're talking an apposing theory in science class.

I think it is the un-Constitutional part.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
A bit of both brings u2 ionism. Could this be the way forward? I doubt it....

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Because religion has no place in the science classroom. And yes, as a parent in a school system receiving loads of federal funding due to the nearby national labs, I would do everything possible to get this person out of the science classroom...Parental complaints over teachers, especially when made in great numbers (and believe me, I would not be the only parent complaining), tend to reach the ears of the school board in my small town.

Evolution is NOT just a theory. It is FACT. Proven, verifiable, FACT. Deal with it. Sorry if that disrupts your supernatural worldview.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

How in the heck do you figure that evolution is fact and proven? Show me undeniable proof and I'll kiss your butt. Evolution has never been proven, not even close. Maybe in the warped mind of an atheist with an agenda it appears factual, but fact is it's not factual. You deal with that.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Show me undeniable proof of creationism and I'll kiss your butt. At least evolution is testable.

Have you ever taken any molecular biology? If so, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's proven. I'm not going to spend the time to teach you an entire subject I don't even know if you have the background to appreciate. Look it up yourself. The first problem most people have in understanding evolution is in understanding the timescales involved. Most people think it is way simpler than in actuality, leading to gross misconceptions about evolution being perpetuated throughout the general public (no thanks to our schools, I might add).

[edit on 27-5-2008 by keeb333]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

No, back up for a sec there Skippy. Noone here ever said Creationism was proven. I have said all along it is a theory just as is evolution. You are the one that just stated that evolution is fact and proven. So I ask for proof possitive of evolution.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I'm not going to teach you basic biology. Do the research yourself before you say something is unproven. There is more than sufficient proof of the mechanisms for evolution published in the literature.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

No there is not. I asked for proof and you have none. I have looked at the evidence or lack thereof. No proof I've seen yet.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Exactly what in that sentance confuses you? The bible says on one page not to kill, and on many more pages it says to kill anyone who the bible and/or the Christian god tells you to do. It's pretty simple.

Also, if it's a factual insult, I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe what's being insulted is soemthing you should change about yourself?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

reply to post by keeb333

No, back up for a sec there Skippy. Noone here ever said Creationism was proven. I have said all along it is a theory just as is evolution. You are the one that just stated that evolution is fact and proven. So I ask for proof possitive of evolution.

Fossils. We win. That's pretty much the end of the argument. What proof do you have? The burden of proof rests on your shoulders. We can't prove or disprove a negative. You're making the claim; it's your job to back it up.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

reply to post by keeb333

How in the heck do you figure that evolution is fact and proven? Show me undeniable proof and I'll kiss your butt. Evolution has never been proven, not even close. Maybe in the warped mind of an atheist with an agenda it appears factual, but fact is it's not factual. You deal with that.

Natural selection is a proven fact. And should be taught as so in science.

The theory of evolution that man evolved from apes - - if taught correctly - - is taught as a theory - - and always with the information of a Missing Link.

Darwin himself said it was not full proof - - its only a theory.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Epic Wolf

Which fossils?

Jesus said to Kill no one. Not teh gays, nor teh heathens.

Not even to hate them.

You KNOW I and other Christians are not doing anything for our fellow man or teh environment???
What do you think?

Also evilbible.com is stupid.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

reply to post by wytworm

But it's not a fundamentalist view. The Bible clearly says how to be a Christian. Stating that makes me a fundamentalist? If you don't wish to be a Christian, then don't. But do not come into a faith and try and change it to better suit you.
The Boy Scouts of America was started with Christian roots and principles. Peole have been trying to change it for years. Girls have been suing because they cannot be Boy Scouts, atheists have been suing because they want to be Boy Scouts but do not wish to follow the Christian guidelines. There are Girl Scout troops that girls can join. If Atheists have a problem then they can join a non Christian based group. Don't try and come in and change it to suit you. Promise keepers is a mens Christian conference to teach us about being Godly fathers and husbands and there were actually women protesting it because it was for men only. Get your own group.
My point is there are guidelines clearly defined on how to be a Christian. If you don't follow those guidelines or believe those guidelines then you are not a Christian.

Let's see how many thing prove you're not a True Chrisitan (tm) by your own standards.

-Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10
-You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20
-Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak”-- 1 Corinthians 14:34)
-"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" (l Corinthians 11:14)
-“If any of you has a dispute with another, dare he take it before the ungodly for judgment instead of before the saints?”
-“Judge not, that ye be not judged” (Matthew 7:1) and “Judge not, and ye shall not be judged, condemn not and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven” (Luke 6:37)
-Believers are supposed to hate their parents when they follow Jesus (“If any man come to me, and not hate his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sister, yet, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple” (Luke 14:26).
-They are not to oppose evil (“But I say unto you, that ye resist not evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on the right cheek, turn to him the other also”-- Matthew 5:39

The list goes on forever.
How many of these have you done today to fulfill your Christian obligation? And don't pull the tired old like "The OT doesn't count" Your Jesus disagrees.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)

Edit: I can't beleive I missed this!

Don't try and come in and change it to suit you.

Guess you can't change the fact that only evolution will be taught in schools, huh?

Edit2: I'm also curious why you think that discrimination based on sexual orientation or religious/non-belief is okay? As long as it's not you?
Source :Evil bible.com

[edit on 5/27/2008 by Epic Wolf]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by Epic Wolf

Which fossils?

Jesus said to Kill no one. Not teh gays, nor teh heathens.

Not even to hate them.

You KNOW I and other Christians are not doing anything for our fellow man or teh environment???
What do you think?

Also evilbible.com is stupid.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Clearskies]

And then there's the bible that says that you must kill them. Contradiction much?

Evilbible.com is only stupid to you because it rocks the foundations of your fairy land world.

Edit: What do you mean what fossils? Please visit a museum. And no, the creation 'museum' from Answers in Genesis does not count.

[edit on 5/27/2008 by Epic Wolf]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join