It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howto Cause Change At The Highest Levels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Time and time again on ATS we are enraged by everything from the Patriot Act, Domestic Spying, to Gas Prices. We sit back and are helpless, per say. But, to cause change at the highest levels we must start from the bottom and work our way up.

We can do no good if we sit back and type on a board or vent to a neighbor. To cause change we must change it from the inside. We must get in Congress, the CIA, the FBI, NASA, even the White House. I am not saying illegally, I am saying actually running for these positions. But, there is a catch, people might say well if I blabber on about how I want to change everything, then they won't pick me. To get in one of these positions you must talk like them, act like them, and overall be them but, your intentions are just to get in there and then cause change.

Basically, your whole campaign is based upon you just winning that seat. But, once you get in, then you start change. It might take two years or more, but, it beats sitting around doing nothing.

Some requirements of various positions:

President:
* Be a natural-born citizen of the United States
* Be at least 35 years of age, and
* Be a resident of the United States for at least 14 years.

Senate:
* at least 30 years of age,
* a U.S. citizen for nine years, and
* a resident of the state when elected.

House of Representatives:
* at least 25 years of age,
* a U.S. citizen for seven years, and
* a resident of the state when elected.

FBI
* U.S. Citizen
* 23 Yrs. of Age but younger than 37
* Four Yr. Degree
* Valid Drivers License
* Pass Extensive Background Check
* Qualify for an entry program

You might just hate these organizations, but, to cause change, it must be made from the inside. Your goal is to get in, become one of them, but, your intentions must remain the same from day one, or you will fail. You cannot be one who will be money hungry or easy influenced. Again, if you are one of these you will fail.

FBI
CIA
Requirements for Public Office

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I call that a waste of life for a regular citezen to accomplish, now you can start MK ultraing your children for that purpose like others have done.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

Okay, I respect your view. But tell me, how do we cause change then? Sitting typing on here, is not going to change things.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well, the problem is that candidates outside the mainstream rarely get any attention. See: Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich.

There are some exceptions, like Jesse Ventura and Chuck Hagel, but Ventura had huge name recognition from being a wrestler and Hagel isn't that far out of line with the rest of Washington.

The best way is to start from the bottom up - Run for local government, then county, then state, then federal...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by evanmontegarde
Well, the problem is that candidates outside the mainstream rarely get any attention. See: Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich.

There are some exceptions, like Jesse Ventura and Chuck Hagel, but Ventura had huge name recognition from being a wrestler and Hagel isn't that far out of line with the rest of Washington.

The best way is to start from the bottom up - Run for local government, then county, then state, then federal...

I would have to agree. No one is going to just jump into a senate or house position. Most of the time, you have to be in law enforcement to even be considered by the FBI. Besides, I would think that it would be much more effective to get into the CIA, but that would likely be even more difficult if you've ever posted anything on ATS!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

Yes you are right. I should have spent more time on my post. I figured that was a given. But again, I am on ATS and have to think clearly and spell everything out.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Well this is the $10000000000 question, isn't it?

What can the average ordinary person actually DO that will make any kind of difference? What can we ATS members do, besides simply spreading information?

I don't think turning to the FBI, or political reps, or Senate, or Congress, or the President will make any difference, as all those institutions are already thoroughly corrupted. The answer I think lies outside that entire matrix.

What actions can we take that don't involve appealing to these corrupted State/"Big Brother" entities?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

Besides being in office and making the decisions, I really don't know what we could actually do. Except get everyone to revolt. It seems people in England surely revolt when something doesn't go there way, whats up with us.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Using freedom of speech is another way of getting the word out people!

To set up protests and use the rights we have is a huge way of getting the word out.

You want to make a difference? Then speak loud and clear my brother, speak so loud it makes peoples ears rumble! Stand firm on your opinion and don't take an inch down. Then, and only then people will listen to what you have to say.

You can sit here and vent out like the OP says or you can start getting organized and making a difference. It's time for action!

new topics

top topics

join