It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be a future technology for ET craft detection ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I recently regained interest in an old online project I was involved in a couple of years back- Einstien@home . For those of you not familiar with this project it is 1 of the Boinc based grid computing projects facilitated by Berkeley university in California. Internet users from around the world ‘donate their idle cpu time to help form a kind of parallel supercomputer that can analyze data from LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatories), The scientists are searching for gravity waves as predicted by Einstein’s General Theory of relativity.

These waves are theorized to emanate from massive objects in our universe that undergo momentous mass accelerations (Think explosions, Supernovas etc) these cause “ripples in the space-time continuum that scientists believe they can measure.

I guess because I have been spending much more time reading ATS this past month (and loving it thanks very much !)
That I started thinking about the LIGO observatory’s as possible “UFO detectors”,

I had done a little internet digging about these supposed devices a few years back –but from what I could see they were mostly BS scams to make a few $$ (IMHO)

My reasoning for using these scientific instruments as UFO (or more correctly ET craft)
Detectors is as follows..

Assuming ET craft “exist” and given their reported flight characteristics, it is reasonable to assume that they are able to manipulate the space-time continuum to overcome gravity in some as yet unknown fashion to achieve their apparent feats.

Now I figure that all this mucking about to achieve this must disturb the space-time continuum in someway that can be measured.

At first I thought LIGO !......then after a little more thinking I realized that this would probably not work to detect the space-time perturbations of ET craft because they are designed to detect gravity waves from very massive objects-this would mean that the wavelengths(of the gravitational ripples) would be very long and the frequency low.

From what ive read most UFO’s are not That huge(even a “mother ship on the scale of the universe is tiny) so it didn’t make sense that any gravity waves emanating from them would have these characteristics (long wavelengths low frequency)

Luckily a little bit of Acoustic wave knowledge suggested to me that any types of GW’s from a UFO would more than likely be High frequency –short wavelength because of their relative small size (relative to cosmic objects)

So….. I did a google search for military gravity wave detectors (thinking these guys might be ahead of the curve with this) and I came across a project to build HFGW
High-Frequency Gravitational Wave Generators and detectors.( HFGW)
You can read about it here.
The scientist being interviewed (Dr. Robert Baker) didn’t get into UFO’s but did talk about possible propulsion systems and of course how the military may try to utilize it as a weapons system, even though they apparently state that they are not interested ?

Apparently the Chinese are very involved in HFGW research.

Of course I decided this would make a nice detection system for ufo’s

Anyway that’s as far as I have thought about it so far….. just kind of thinking out loud and having fun Speculating ! I’m not a scientist ,although I do have an undergraduate degree in physics and acoustics and science education. I guess I am trying to convey that I am not a complete ignoramus but I do occasionally get a bit scatter brained so I hope the general gist of this thread makes sense ?

Id be really keen to hear peoples opinions on this “method of “detection” and what your ideas are for locating /tracking ufo’s/Et craft.

cheers

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoPythagorean

From what I've read most UFO’s are not That huge(even a “mother ship on the scale of the universe is tiny) so it didn’t make sense that any gravity waves emanating from them would have these characteristics (long wavelengths low frequency)

Luckily a little bit of Acoustic wave knowledge suggested to me that any types of GW’s from a UFO would more than likely be High frequency –short wavelength because of their relative small size (relative to cosmic objects)

Yea,it may be true that they (et's)use short wavelength,but they might not.Keep in mind that if they are utilizing some sort of gravity wave manipulation to bend space or warp it,than they would be able to and have to create gravity distortions on the scale of even beyond a black holes ability.Nice post,star and flag,I will now read that link you provided.

join