It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Posting on ATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RichardPrice

Wow.....that looks like someone with way too much caffeine is posting. However, it was deemed "O.K."...so who are we to judge?

Although, after a bit of reflection--I've seen registered members post exactly that kind of incomprehensible garble.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Could this Anonymous Posting run the risk of only expressing ATS Staff views via proxy?

IRM

[edit on 20/6/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Could this Anonymous Posting run the risk of only expressing ATS Staff views via proxy?

IRM

Any and every type of post be it by a member, a sock puppet or an anonymous posts runs a high risk of expressing a view.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

That's a fairly unhelpful answer :s... but I'm glad you amused yourself SF! That's not what I was implying and I'm sure you have the intelligence to discern that.

IRM

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I wrote a considered and worthy reply to a poster who was thinking about joining the military to get access to special areas especially Pine Gap. For obvious reasons I replied anonymously but gave good, first hand experience from someone who did actually work in sensitive areas in the Australian Military.

Not fantastic stuff as is posted here, (by fantasists mostly) just good reasonable advice like get involved in signals and in crypto and especially get a position as a rekeyer, which will allow you access to every area that contains certain systems that has to be rekeyed, this being a function of members of the signals corp.

Seems this failed the censor and I have no idea why. Maybe not fantastic enough?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
When I found out ATS started anonymous posting,thats what finally convinced to join. My first post ever was an anonymous post. I like the X factor
I like the way ATS has anon posting set up and A majority of anon post has
really added to the "Mystery" of ATS. I see it as a good thing from many different facets.

The anon avatar is cool !!!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

This is a good idea. Many people out there are seriously afraid of govt. monitoring of sites like this and anonymous makes them feel safer in expressing their opinion.

If you get "very good contributions" it's worth it so long as T&C are not violated. As you experiment and refine the process I can see how it can be to everyone on ATS's advantage.

There are a lot of intelligent people with good information and wise opinions out there (membership included) and if that's what they offer to ATS membership why should they be denied because they choose to be anonymous. I applaud ATS for not forcing membership.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Right its been about three days now and i still cant see the anonymous reply in this thread. It says on the board index that the last poster was a anonymous reply yet i cant see it. Is there one there or has the board made an error ?

Fox

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

Maybe it wasn't approved because it was spam or something.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
Right its been about three days now and i still cant see the anonymous reply in this thread. It says on the board index that the last poster was a anonymous reply yet i cant see it. Is there one there or has the board made an error ?

Fox

Now you can see it.

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

yeap great people to put on ignore
not like they will reply to you if you address a post to them

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This Anonymous ATS is getting right annoying. Its been showing up on four or five of my subscribed threads, yet I cannot view them. Every day there are more.

Anonymous ATS is a bad idea. If a person doesn't have enough creativity to make a screen name, they really don't have any business posting in here. Anyone can say whatever they want and not be held accountable.

edit to add: Sorry SF, didn't read your post about redirecting subject matter in this vein to Complaints and Suggestions before speaking my piece.

[edit on 9/7/2008 by Matyas]

There, see? It says on my subscribed threads the last poster here was Anonymous ATS, not me. This feature needs to be disabled before the members riot and firebomb your servers...

[edit on 9/7/2008 by Matyas]

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I wrote a considered and worthy reply to a poster who was thinking about joining the military to get access to special areas especially Pine Gap. For obvious reasons I replied anonymously but gave good, first hand experience from someone who did actually work in sensitive areas in the Australian Military.

Not fantastic stuff as is posted here, (by fantasists mostly) just good reasonable advice like get involved in signals and in crypto and especially get a position as a rekeyer, which will allow you access to every area that contains certain systems that has to be rekeyed, this being a function of members of the signals corp.

Seems this failed the censor and I have no idea why. Maybe not fantastic enough?

No Sir. We love good posts and revelations. Its just so damn many anonymous posts a day that some of them get missed. If you had a good post that did not get shown, post it again.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
An anonymous poster might also be a post by an individual who is leaking pertinent information covertly when prohibited from doing so by the agency/company they work for.

An insider with vital information who wishes to remain anonymous for reasons known only to them.

Keep the anonymous posting.

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I just want to say that I like the anonymous posting. My most successful thread has a large number of anonymous posts. I believe that is, because it is more for business people and those sorts of people don't want to commit full time to the site, but none the less contributed greatly to my thread. I am sure other members on this site have had similar experiences.

Also I don’t know if this bug is mentioned or not, but I think the anonymous post pending review thing sometimes cause the number of pages in a thread to show more i.e. the last page is blank.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Anybody have anything nice to say about anonymous posting?

Ummmm.... Nope

Well I do love that avatar

My sentiments exactly

My biggest complaint is that they don't add to discussion. They add content, thats it. If they say something you wish to discuss with him or her, you can't.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I think anonymous posting is a good thing because.
You get many people who find topics on the net.
And are to afraid or to lazy to sign up and then they can come and add useful information and things that otherwise would not have been discussed.
It promotes discussion by people also who may not be able to sign up for certain technical reasons IE:No cookies.

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous_ATS

And are to afraid or to lazy to sign up and then they can come and add useful information and things that otherwise would not have been discussed.

Personally I find it hard to believe someone too lazy to create an account is going to be the kind of person that will add useful information.

I think the ones that do post good info are posting anon to actually be anonymous.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join