It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Comet Hits SUN? (major coronal ejection) SOHO Video Links

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Comets cannot hit the Sun as they would long burn up before reaching the Sun. Comets are made of Iron, Ice and Dust. The Iron core is very small.

This is why the comet has a "tail". The tail is the melting of the Comet in the form of a long dust and water trail.

Metorites are different than Comets in that they are not composed of Ice. They are large broken off peices of Planetary debris.

comets quite often hit the sun and depending on size don't always burn up before hitting the sun... comets come in various shapes and sizes from very small like halleys comet to very large like hale bopp to mega large like jupiter and bigger the likes of which have not been seen for a very long time.. as has been found recently by a few sattelites on missions to comets they are one of the blackest substances known and very little has been released about what they are made of but ICE BALLS they are not.. the long tail coming out the back is not stuff comming off the comet but stuff coming into the comet.. if you have seen how comets react when approaching the sun and leaving the suns location you will see that the tail always points away from the sun.. after perhelion when the comet moves away from the sun the tail rapidly changes direction to point away which is a very curious reaction..

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wow i just saw this thread, That is some pretty awesome stuff, those ejections looked amazing.

However, What kind of effects can that cause for earth? Those ejections seemed pretty violent to me, imo, some sort of repercussion of some sort would have to be felt here on earth, Could this cause a warming type effect for a week or two maybe even years? Could sun storms be caused by this?

That other object flying by looks huge, But it looks like it is not going to hit from what i saw.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by botiemaster

Originally posted by Nola213
I don't wanna derail the thread at all, but the Screen shot on the OP. Now if they are saying the comet as earth sized, how can that object makeing a B-line for the sun be Venus or Mercury? Even if it was Venus makeing a pass in front of the sun from our perspective it shouldn't be that big.

Why shouldn't it be that "big" ? Should it be a tiny dot? You have to remember, it's our perspective from SOHO. Those planets will give off the illusion that they are huge due to over exposed lighting. I doubt mr. PX would be anything more than a small point of light that seems motionless, not what you see here, if it infact exists which I doubt and is due in 2012 which I doubt. If you really want to go to the extreme, it's PX and it's been the very first planet all this time, because it's certainly revolving around the sun. Truth is if you're a regular viewer of SOHO, you know all too well what other planets will look like when you spot them for the hundredth time. Fairly easy to know the first time you see them when compared against the background of stars. This one here is Venus.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a planet XR'er. I was thinking Huge asteroid or something, not niribu(which frankly I don't believe exists, and we will see the year 2013, and beyond).

However with my limited knowledge of SOHO it is a frighteneing image to say the least. Especially when they are saying the "comet", tail and all(those are long) was Earth sized, it is dwarfed in comparison to the object on the right side.

But if you; being an avid viewer of/and knowlegable about SOHO, and the objects that frequently make thier way around the area, say it's nothing to worry about. I won't worry about it.

Thanks for replying to my post. My mind is somewhat at ease now.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This subject goes ON, on a french site, and SOHO see comets hurting the sun before several years ago. A friend gave this link :
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

10 years ago, it was not 1, but "2 comets plunging into solar corona".

For the object on the right side, it is probably Venus.
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Friendly

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by botiemaster

how can that object makeing a B-line for the sun be Venus or Mercury?

Why shouldn't it be that "big" ? Should it be a tiny dot? Truth is if you're a regular viewer of SOHO, you know all too well what other planets will look like when you spot them for the hundredth time. Fairly easy to know the first time you see them when compared against the background of stars. This one here is Venus.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not a planet XR'er. I was thinking Huge asteroid or something, not niribu(which frankly I don't believe exists, and we will see the year 2013, and beyond).

However with my limited knowledge of SOHO it is a frighteneing image to say the least. Especially when they are saying the "comet", tail and all(those are long) was Earth sized, it is dwarfed in comparison to the object on the right side.

But if you; being an avid viewer of/and knowlegable about SOHO, and the objects that frequently make thier way around the area, say it's nothing to worry about. I won't worry about it.

Thanks for replying to my post. My mind is somewhat at ease now.

i cant say for sure myself if botiemaster is correct that this object is venus but what i can tell you is that local solar system object such as the planets Mercury Venus etc etc are all donated with a long white line running through them so this object to the right of the sun is definatly one of our local solarsystem neighbours and most probably mercury or venus judging the size..

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well the mystery continues not just with the large comet itself but also in the CME (coronal mass ejection).

My attention was drawn to what James McCanney had to say and I'll quote his announcement (Link is below the quote).

May 26, 2008 ... on may 23rd a comet ... from the south ... hit the sun and created a solar CME (coronal mass ejection) ... according the the officialdom explanation .... well you know the routine ... dirty snow ball BS and the sun responding is "just coincidence" ... for about the 800th time ... sure is a "COINCIDENCE" how every time a comet comes near the sun ... the sun responds with flaring and excessive mass ejection activity ... so now that you are "well educated" ... here is the "officialdom explanation" quote taken from the official NASA explanation ... "Note: In the movie passage of the comet seems to trigger a coronal mass ejection (CME). This is almost certainly a coincidence. The comet was at least a million kilometers above the surface of the sun at the time and there is no known mechanism for a comet to trigger a magnetic explosion across such a gulf." ... below is the pic that they posted (note that in the real video clip the explosion comes out on all sides of the sun and is far more energetic than just this one picture shows) ... of course the coronal mass ejection confirms the following litany of my theoretical work ... 1) the solar fusion is at the solar surface which 2) creates an excess current of protons which 3) creates an electrical capacitor surrounding the sun which 4) provides the electric field for objects to discharge (what we call comets) and 5) when the cometary discharge interacts with the solar surface this causes the 6) solar CMEs as observed ... i have literally hundreds of video and still pic clips of this same phenomena ... over and over and over again ... but according to standard dumbed down "science" ... this is just coincidence ... that is what you get from government monopoly supported science and 17 billion dollars a year ... jim mccanney
www.jmccsci.com...

Johnny

[edit on 5/28/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Edit: Nevermind, the picture above answered my question.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
DearWife, Thank you for answering my questions!

I cannot believe that NASA allowed that pompous ignoramus to say that if they do not know how a corelation which has repeated 800 times works, that it is just a coincidence.

If we don't know how it works, it dosen't happen! Nothing to see there, avert your eyes. They don't have a Phd and work for us ignore them and the data and they will go away.

Whatever happened to science? You use the corelation to determine where you have sections missing from your understanding of the universe. There can be more than one valid theory. They can conflict.
You can throw the current model out when you find a better one. You search your whole life for one verifyable fact which conflicts with the current understanding and use it to open new levels of understanding.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Wow! Fantastic video. It should make us feel very small indeed compared to massive events like these that are happening all the time in the universe.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The sun is a wormhole that allows galactic travel. So these are probably ships using the sun to travel to other systems.

If you look closely on C3, that comet does not have a tail.

There has been known "comets" the size of Earth turning 90' then hitting the sun, but these Earth size comets did not have a tail.

When SOHO got asked about these Earth sized "comets" they then took the videos/images offline and the astronomy/astrophysisist(sp) community made a huge fuss about it.

SOHO then put the videos/images back online "with tails coming out of the comets".

There is so much going on with our sun that is well known to some people, just not us......yet.

Did you know the that all the telescopes that observe the sun have something to do with the Vatican? Including SOHO.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by markjaxson]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Amazing videos. I recall a very hot summer back in 06, possibly related to that huge solar flare?

Just thought I'd mention that these comets could be made up of elements that humanity hasn't even descovered yet. So they could have melting points higher than the suns surface.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
Very interesting JA.

Actually, I might be able to point you in the right direction of a mechanism. If you take the Electric universe theory into account, it would not take much of a leap of imagination to explain such an occurrence. I'm still in the process of "getting my head around" this theory myself, but it seems to fill in many cracks in what gravitational theory struggles to explain.

Very briefly, these two article might proffer some insight. At least food for thought:

(Electric Space Weather Baffles Scientists)
www.thunderbolts.info...

(Comet Neat and CME's)
www.thunderbolts.info...

Non-mainstream thought process. But rather interesting, and possibly quite sensible...?

IE, motion of charged bodies (comet, or CME cloud of charged particles) induces a reactive response (equivalent plume of charged particles) from the body they're moving toward...?

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous

So a Comet comes within a million kilometers to the SUN. The Sun reacts violently with a huge mass coronal discharge that bombards the earth disrupting satellites (Communication systems worldwide) not to mention were getting slammed by x-rays, gamma rays and neutrinos and who knows what ever else that we get slammed with.

Geez.. I feel like I need to put on some SPF 1000 sunblock just talking about it..

Johnny

See my above post, and ask yourself: what in the gravitational / nuclear furnace theory of the sun would cause a relationship between a tiny, tiny, tiny comet (with respect to the size of the sun and the sun's gravitational field [compared to that of the tiny comet]) a million kilometers away from the sun and a huge coronal mass ejection?

Then read the two articles I noted above on an alternate explanation. I think that they anecdotally explain the observations better than anything based on gravity and an internal nuclear dynamo...

My opinion, anyway...
~Michael Gmirkin

[edit on 29-5-2008 by mgmirkin]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Well that settles it.. I'm making it official.. were going to try and get him (Thornhill)...

We also inquired (after supplying him with the SOHO data) as to what [Robert Morningstar's] guesstimate of size for this comet might be. His answer was that it was larger than the earth in his opinion...!

Johnny

Excuse me? Umm, how many Earth-sized objects are there in the solar system?

Is he saying that a PLANET crashed into the sun (or grazed the sun)? Or that the nucleus was tiny, but the coma was the size of Earth (that would make a lot more sense, in my opinion)?

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by brdgerstmann
Could the sun's reaction be the result of an electrostatic attraction to the approaching body. I'm assuming that the molten iron on the surface of the sun would electrically be attracted to an iron core in the comet, yes, no?

Just a thought.

Do you mean magnetically? Or what?

I'd say it's almost certainly an electrical interaction, yes. Attraction; not necessarily (in terms of a magnet anyway). See the two articles I noted above. Charged bodies in relative motion to one another inducing changes? Possibly. One interpretation.

Cheers,
~Michael

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
See also:

(Cartwheel Coronal Mass Ejection)
digg.com...

Digg it if you love it!

Good times,
~Michael Gmirkin

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

My attention was drawn to what James McCanney had to say.

McCanney is a bit nutty (currently; some of his science stuff from way-back [70's, 80's] was actually pretty good, I think), though he does also apparently believe things similar to Thornhill's EU model. Though, again, he seem to goes off regularly on "they stole my idea" rants that have no ties to reality. At least he appears to slightly get it about electrical interactions @ sun, comets, etc.

Just wish he'd get off the conspiracy-against-him nuttiness and keep it to the science.

Just my opinion... Shouldn't be taken as anything but.

~Michael

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine

Originally posted by brdgerstmann
Could the sun's reaction be the result of an electrostatic attraction to the approaching body. I'm assuming that the molten iron on the surface of the sun would electrically be attracted to an iron core in the commet, yes, no?
Just a thought.

This is pretty much the thinking of the electric universe model, which also says comets are not so much ice/rocks etc, but more - 'charged' plasma.

Not exactly... The EU model does not speculate that the entirety of a comet is a ball of plasma. Rather the 'coma' is a plasma. The nucleus is generally just a hunk of rock. Albeit a hunk of rock out of charge equilibrium with its surrounding when it 'flares up.' IE, comets tend to be long-period objects spending most of their time on the outer edges of the solar system or beyond, acquiring charge equilibrium with that region. However, when they fall through the inner solar system, they often move quickly enough that they cannot come into equilibrium with their new environment and must undergo more energetic processes (coma formation) to alleviate the excess or to shield from it (if a double layer forms around it).

I probably haven't explained this very well... Best read at the source:

(The Electric Comet)
thunderbolts.info...

Originally posted by nexusmagazineI also like the explanation for the zillions of craters on the moon, which some 'experts' have always maintained are not impact craters. The electric universe model suggests that the majority of the lunar 'craters' are the result of massive electical-type discharges - presumably between the moon and other charged bodies passing by. Interestingly - and apologies if I am repeating previously discussed material - the same cratering effect has been achieved in lab conditions using electrical discharges.

Duncan

Strangely enough, it probably wasn't even an EU person who first notice the similarities between electrical craters and those on the moon! It was one of the first people to notice electrical cratering in general.

(Tracking Down the Origin of Arc Plasma Science - I. Early Pulsed and Oscillating Discharges)
www.osti.gov...

So, there does seem to be historical precedent for the comparison, other than strictly EU sources. Just FYI, putting things into context... See also the image at the end of a tiny electrically machined crater under microscopic examination.

See also:

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Cheers,
~Michael

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Again I think back to the big NASA announcement that was pulled, and never announced. I'm a bit worried.

Can you point me to that story? I'm not aware of it. Are we talking about a scheduled press release that was canceled, or what?

I know there was a scheduled press release from "something nasa had been looking for for 50 years" which ended up being a supernova or something like that. Not aware of something that was scheduled to be announced but canceled.

Just point me in the right direction (particular thread or release)?

~Michael Gmirkin

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join