It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Comet Hits SUN? (major coronal ejection) SOHO Video Links

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Please keep in mind that every 34 hours the "current_c" series of mpegs are updated to include that (or the following) days visual data.. So obviously anyone clicking on these links a week after this post will look different.. So if you want the small mpegs, you better get them now.. I've already archived mine. And with that said...

I've been a big SOHO fan. Being able to view moments of almost current time snapshots of our SUN has been extremely interesting to me for many years. But starting on the 21st I observed an object not following the same trajectory as the stars. But by the end of the 22nd and the beginning of the 23rd of May, it became evident that this was a comet of great size and mass.

It turns out that this huge comet was a part of the Kreutz sungrazer family. Named after a 19th century astronomer from Germany who studied them with great interest, these fragments are from the breakup of a giant comet from almost 2000 years ago.

Your also going to see a huge enormous mass coronal ejection. Which is curious as the comet was at least a million kilometers above the surface of the sun at the time and there is no known mechanism for a comet to trigger such a magnetic explosion. Maybe some of you have an idea why the Sun reacted as it did without the Comet actually hitting it.

I could go on and on, (like why didn't we hear about this on even the smaller-market MSM), but I know you guys just want the links so you can view it for yourself.. Enjoy, it's very intriguing and may not be duplicated again for us to see for many, many years!

"First watch this video"

"Now watch this one"

imsal.com a different Lasco view. This is an actual site, no download needed

I'm purposely only showing the very beginning frame of the comet being captured so you'll know where to look. To be really amazed at the size of this comet, you'll need to get the small mpegs for full effect. Don't judge the videos by this very first frame I posted from when I first saw it...

As soon as I get mine uploaded, then those of you that didn't catch it from the NASA site will still have an opportunity to.. But be patient with me.. I have a lot on my table (so I might need a U2U to remind me..lol).

Johnny Anonymous

[edit on 5/26/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

[edit on 5/30/08 by FredT]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I saw that same picture posted , the thread is saying that we are looking at Nibiru, the light on the side of it. Of course not many agree with that, calling it most likely to be a reflection of sorts. I do wish I could view the links you provided, at this time I am at work though and limited to what I can and can't view. I will have to check it out from home later, thanks for the info and link though, very interesting.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Comets cannot hit the Sun as they would long burn up before reaching the Sun. Comets are made of Iron, Ice and Dust. The Iron core is very small.

This is why the comet has a "tail". The tail is the melting of the Comet in the form of a long dust and water trail.

Metorites are different than Comets in that they are not composed of Ice. They are large broken off peices of Planetary debris.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Direct hit Captain! She's venting atmosphere. The sun did not appear to enjoy that cosmic event.

[edit on 5/26/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Wow that was sweet. I must say im a little worried about that other MASSIVE object that's heading towards the sun, looks like it'll collide in a few days time whatever it is

EDIT - Ahh it aint actually moving towards it lol, it's the view angle changing. Still it's huge though whatever that is

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Tommio]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Comets cannot hit the Sun as they would long burn up before reaching the Sun. Comets are made of Iron, Ice and Dust. The Iron core is very small.

This is why the comet has a "tail". The tail is the melting of the Comet in the form of a long dust and water trail.

Metorites are different than Comets in that they are not composed of Ice. They are large broken off peices of Planetary debris.

Hate to throw a damper in your dissertation, but..

August 30, 1979 1st recorded occurrence-comet hits sun (energy=1 mil hydrogen bombs) Link for historical events
Cometography

Comet Howard-Koomen-Michels, found on images taken by the SOLWIND satellite, collided with the Sun on August 30, 1979. Its reported perihelion distance of .0045 AU would seem to bear that out. The solar corona showed an unusual brightening in the hours after its presumed impact. No other evidence of a comet hitting the Sun has been substantiated.

SOHO FAQ

Johnny

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Wow, nice find. Wouldn't the Earth experience some sort of change due to the change that the 2nd one caused the Sun?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The Sun is a huge Gas ball with Hydrogen and Helium combustion producing energy. Anything to "hit" the Sun would be burned up and swallowed instantly.

The Earth would be burned up instantly if it were to somehow "veer" into the Sun.

Thanks Johnny, that makes sense but is what I was thinking too, it falls into the Sun and just gets burned up right away.

. Within a matter of seconds the comet, larger than the Earth, was destroyed. The immense power of the Sun vaporized the comet as an elephant destroys an ant. The debris scattered for millions of miles in the Sun's atmosphere

[edit on 26-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Thanks Johnny, that makes sense but is what I was thinking too, it falls into the Sun and just gets burned up right away.

By the way, this particular incident clearly states that the Comet was a million miles away from the Sun, so we have no argument there. But the links I provided above seems to lead one to believe that in 1979, something did collide with the Sun..

Why not goggle August 30, 1979 Comet hits Sun and see what you might pull up?

Johnny

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Very interesting JA.

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
......the comet was at least a million kilometers above the surface of the sun at the time and there is no known mechanism for a comet to trigger such a magnetic explosion. Maybe some of you have an idea why the Sun reacted as it did without the Comet actually hitting it.

Actually, I might be able to point you in the right direction of a mechanism. If you take the Electric universe theory into account, it would not take much of a leap of imagination to explain such an occurance. I'm still in the process of "getting my head around" this theory myself, but it seems to fill in many cracks in what gravitational theory struggles to explain. If you are not familliar with the theory, you may enjoy looking into it.

This is just a short clip: Cometary Tails of the Unexpected Plasma Cosmology

The following is a documentary which covers the basis and history of the theory: Thunderbolts of the Gods. Some VERY interesting ideas in here.

Google Video Link

Thunderbolts Website

Come to think of it, you might want to see if you could get David Talbott and Wallace Thornhill on your show sometime.....that would be an outstanding interview!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
Come to think of it, you might want to see if you could get David Talbott and Wallace Thornhill on your show sometime.....that would be an outstanding interview!

i have never seen/heard the show, Johnny.
but if you get wallace thornhill on there, you can be guaranteed that I would tune in.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
i have never seen/heard the show, Johnny.
but if you get wallace thornhill on there, you can be guaranteed that I would tune in.

We'll look into possibly getting him..

Never heard or seen the show??? Holy Cow! Thats almost a disgrace to Texans everywhere since it features The One and Only Texan Dave Rabbit.. !

Seriously.. You all would enjoy this last episode 81 of the ATSMIX as the Amigos send me out to do a little Investigative snooping on a guy known as Ed Grimsley that claims that he can see almost every night 10-40 spacecraft in the skies over Calistoga CA., with the use of Generation-3 Military grade goggles (like what soldiers use).

The results of the investigation are very interesting to say the least..
ATSMIX Episode 81, Ed Grimsley UFO Hunter

By the way as a side note, the investigation continues and were trying to get more ATS members involved in the research.. So if after hearing the show and your as intrigued as we are.. Then sign up to be one of our research assistant's..

OK.. I digressed off the topic..

One of the reasons why I've always been so interested in Solar events is that I've wondered if our Universe is liken to one large evolving living organism. What happens over there (Johnny points to a spot billion of light years away)... will affect the universe in some way or another either (perhaps billions of years later) in a minuscule change of events or in a devastating cascade that keeps building momentum.

So a Comet comes within a million kilometers to the SUN. The Sun reacts violently with a huge mass coronal discharge that bombards the earth disrupting satellites (Communication systems worldwide) not to mention were getting slammed by x-rays, gamma rays and neutrinos and who knows what ever else that we get slammed with.

Geez.. I feel like I need to put on some SPF 1000 sunblock just talking about it..

Johnny

[edit on 5/27/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
We'll look into possibly getting him..
[edit on 5/26/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

You have just made my day with those words!

Thanks in advance for your efforts. I'd expect a huge amount of interest here at ATS and elsewhere, and can only imagine the interesting discussions which it would lead to on the board.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

[

One of the reasons why I've always been so interested in Solar events is that I've wondered if our Universe is liken to one large evolving living organism. What happens over there (Johnny points to a spot billion of light years away)... will affect the universe in some way or another either (perhaps billions of years later) in a minuscule change of events or in a devastating cascade that keeps building momentum.

Right on. It could be nothing less than that.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I second the motion about getting Talbot or Thornhill on for interviews. I am a great supporter of their 'electric universe' research - particularly when it comes to comets (as opposed to meteorites and asteroids).

Wal Thornhill is a great guy and a good communicator. I have had him present at three Nexus Conferences and learned lots each time.

Duncan

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I haven’t seen the vid yet (at work) but good find Johnny
but I guess you don’t need me to tell you that.
Like you I cannot believe noone in the MSM or otherwise has picked this up yet. Not only that, but you started the thread nearly a day ago and there are only 14 comments and 18 flags!!! Come on people this is the stuff this forum is about!

That’s enough of peeing in Johnnies pocket for now.

For something that large to get that close to the sun without us knowing is astounding. Sure it may have approached from the opposite side from where we are, but that just makes us lucky….this time.

Did they know a bout it for a while and didn’t want to throw a scare into us? Are they keeping it quiet now so we don’t ask how many more are there?

What happens over there (Johnny points to a spot billion of light years away)... will affect the universe in some way or another either (perhaps billions of years later) in a minuscule change of events or in a devastating cascade that keeps building momentum.

A cosmic butterfly effect!

[edit on 27/5/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

There are elements out there that can resist the heat of the sun. As hot as the sun is.. Not sure how many kalvins right off the top of my head.
But a substance known as carbon 60 can withstand the heat from the sun.

single nanoballs resist heat treatment up to 4300 K

If an object was composed of this carbon 60, or a natural form of Carbon 60 and a very massive body.. It very well could hit the suns surface..

Just throwing that into the ring here.. But this is all off the top of my head.

Anyway, thanks for the thread JohnnyAnonymous!! Great food for thought! And always keep my mind open, and my thoughts clear for such events!
so I will throw this out there.. maybe that comet, was a man made object hurled into the sun, to test the rate of how much heat one of our carbon inventions could withstand? Prehaps a test of some sort?
Or maybe a natural event.. Either way Im just tossing out ideas..
No need to shoot me down.. Im not trying to claim IM right on any of these ideas.. But prehpas someone with more knowledge about carbon 60 can step up and put more to what I am trying to say here, Its late, and IM getting sleepy...

I am egar to learn more!

[edit on 27-5-2008 by zysin5]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well that settles it.. I'm making it official.. were going to try and get him (Thornhill)...

Now so that we can get back on subject.. I received an email from our good friend over at UFOdigest.com, Robert Morningstar. And he claims that he's been observing the Sun swallowing up more and more comets in his own personal research of seven years. We also inquired (after supplying him with the SOHO data) as to what his guesstimate of size for this comet might be. His answer was that it was larger than the earth in his opinion...!

Now if thats not big.... And then I begin to wonder.. could this be why we didn't hear anything about it on the News? Would the knowing of a comet larger than Earth being swallowed by the Sun be that controversial.. (Hey I work at a conspiracy site, I'm almost obligated to try and find a conspiracy somewhere in this story..lol). But on a serious note, it is puzzling that I can't find any but just a few references when googled... Now I wonder if it's because the Mars Lander is all over the place?

Johnny

[edit on 5/27/2008 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Johnny I have to give you a pat on your back........ pat,pat, pat.

Your doing some good work for us. I don't understand anything about SOHO at all but the Grey I go to told me way back when to look to the SOHO, I have written this before. I think truths are with SOHO.

Thanks for all your work

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Could the sun's reaction be the result of an electrostatic attraction to the approaching body. I'm assuming that the molten iron on the surface of the sun would electrically be attracted to an iron core in the commet, yes, no?
Just a thought.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join