It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matrix, here we come!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A device that produces electricity from blood could be used to turn people into "human batteries." Researchers in Japan are developing a method of drawing power from blood glucose, mimicking the way the body generates energy from food. Theoretically, it could allow a person to pump out 100 watts - enough to illuminate a light bulb. But that would entail converting all the food eaten by the individual into electricity. In practice, less power would be generated since food is needed by the body. However the scientists say the "bio-nano" generator could be used to run devices embedded in the body, or sugar-fed robots.
www.para-normal.com...
This just strikes me as an unbelievebly bad idea for the human species. Are scientists just taking their ideas straight from the sci-fi genre of movies? Do they not understand the message behind movies such as The Matrix? Eventually, someone needs to realize that there are some scientific possibilities which should be left alone.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I really doubt that nano technology will turn the world into a matrix. I personally think it is a very awesome idea, and am glad to see it is being tested. This could pro-long human life in my opinion, that is if we had shots with nanobots that were programmed to kill all types of diseases or illnesses. Also its another step further in the LED tattoos. This is another thing that is going to be extremely awesome, and is expected to be put in use by 2020 i think.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Eventhough I posted this here like when I first came here, the same one, I will share my views anyway. Yes it is creepy, but you should have known human batteries were coming....be them body heat or blood.

And yes I agree, it does seem like the scientists are taking ideas from movies some times.

join