It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people blame God for their misfortune

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Perhaps it would be pertinent to ask the opposite question? Why do people attribute every positive thing in their lives to god? I'm sure there are rich "fortunate sons" out there who thank god everyday that they never have to work a day in their lives. Famous ballplayers thank god for winning the World Series? Is that realistic? The most pious team supposedly wins the WS? Is that what we're supposed to believe? It's all rubbish to me.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lantian
I just had to start my own thread.. Inspired by another one

The topic for the moment is "Why do people blame God for their misfortune"

First off God made us Humans with a conceptual consciousness.. To figure Things/Problems out for ourselves.. To create beautiful works of art, to till a field so we can feed ourselves, harvest herbs for medicine, Smelt metal so we can create cooking utensils and so forth , Weapons to protect us from beasts and each other. I see alot of people asking this question "Why did God do this to me"
God didn't give you cancer because you smoked Cigarettes.. You gave your self Cancer for smoking 2 packs a day for 40 Years.

Why are the children in Africa dying from hunger and a myriad of Diseases...
Because you live in a bad place. It's hard to grow food when you live in a desert type environment.

People need to stop Blaming God for the day to day events surrounding us.
We have the ability to make change.. We have the greatest gift..

Our Mind.

I think the only people that blame GOD are the ones who have not accepted the holy spirit into their lifes. Which anyone truly can if your heart is open. Once you have the holy spirit you will never, ever blame GOD for anything.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Merle8

Well that is the other side of the coin.. And I do hear that a lot too..
Thank God my check came today.
Thank God my car started.
Thank God I have food to eat.

Thank the postal service that delivered your check.
Thank yourself for doing the maintenance on your vehicle.
Thank yourself for working so you are able to feed yourself.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merle8
Perhaps it would be pertinent to ask the opposite question? Why do people attribute every positive thing in their lives to god? I'm sure there are rich "fortunate sons" out there who thank god everyday that they never have to work a day in their lives. Famous ballplayers thank god for winning the World Series? Is that realistic? The most pious team supposedly wins the WS? Is that what we're supposed to believe? It's all rubbish to me.

I was about to post the exact same thing until I read page number 2. Its absurd when you hear NFL players talk about the role that God played in their victory, as if the other team was a bunch of godless heathens and god himself had heavenly money on the victor. You never hear them blame god for defeat, but God is always the first one thanked for victory.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

Maybe the main reason is because the churches ram dogma down peoples throats as to how superior God is to us, so the first person people are going to blame is him.

After-all since we are repeatedly told how we pale in comparison to him than I for one am going to expect the Superior One to do things I cant, fix problems in the world that I cant, end wars that I cant.

God cant stand back and say how superior he is to us and let us destroy ourselves, he is the one who can fix and heal everyone on this planet, we cant.
We can fix things to a degree but nowhere near as much as what God can so in effect we are asking the only person who can fix the world, and when God doesnt well, who else is there.

I cant really picture myself healing the sick and ending wars without bloodshed or people being 'shut up' by governments, but God can. Since God is supposed to be the only one who can fix this than you bet he is going to be blamed, he claims the fame but he wont prove it.

I think the whole 'we have to figure it out ourselves' view is garbage, we all need a guide, not for God to sit up there and say 'your on your own'. Without a guide the world is in what it is in and until he comes down from heaven than don't expect it to change.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
i do not blame god

i blame the lack of a god

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Drakiir

That kind of Thought form is Evil. We can fix our problems.. Yes there will be blood shed as there always has and will ever be.. And there is never a quick fix to our problems.

We have to do it. Not God. We are the miracle.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Lantian]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

Thats Evil yeah sure it is

Well if its evil than tell the churches to stop promoting evil because every-time I have been to one they are fixated on telling me how I pale in comparison to God.

Evil as you put it is our creator sitting back and watching us destroy ourselves. God is the only one capable of making major drastic changes to the world, so where is he.

Im a spiritual person so Im also against the devil or his demons being allowed to take over anyone at any age because the all mighty cant get off his throne and stop whats going on.

You dare call me evil, I follow the light I ask God to show love, I help everyone I can, I serve people not myself, I despise satanists and goths. if God gave me the chance to destroy Satan, you bet your bottom dollar i would do it.

You only think Im evil because I insult God well since he is superior to me and is responsible for the way mankind is going than give me one reason why I cant blame him.

And yes he is responsible. God cant just dump us on this rock and say 'fend for yourself' now thats evil. He is supposed to help his creations not let them wonder into the unknown by themselves, where is his guidance, face to face.

Contrary to what most believe I reckon God needs to intevein to guide his people, not sit back and expect us to interpret 6 versions of psalm in in the Bible. The Bible is not good enough, I don't want interpretations I want God himself to tell me, face to face if necessary, appear in-front of me like a real man would.

And watch your accusations buddy. Im saying get God down here and fix the world so how you interpret that as Evil is beyond me.

Evil is letting the Devil take over every person that has no clue who he is, Im against that but gee isnt God letting that happen on a daily basis, who is the Evil one now huh

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Drakiir]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Guided

I have heard it said from even those that have accepted the "HolySpirit"

God is the ultimate Scape Goat for believers and non believers alike

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Why do people blame God for their misfortune

Because it is easier than taking accountability for their own actions. it also allows them to do it again. They get a pay off from blaming.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
And please people... Stay on Topic.. It's getting old real quick having to put up with this.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
people are irresponsible. we like to fix blame, rather than fix problems.

I would say that they blame him for bad because they credit him for good. people will pray for this, or pray for that. then when they get it, their prayers are answered. what if they didn't pray at all? Would they still get what they were praying for? certainly!!!!

We willingly give up accountability for the bad that happens.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, so true. We are responsible for our own actions. The consequences that result are the end product. Not God.. So we only have ourselves to hold responsible for the result... whether Good or Bad, Positive or Negative.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

I do not blame good for my bad luck, I blame bad luck or lack of effort. Like ways, I do not believe that God is responsible for my good luck. I work hard for it, not God.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wow23

That is the point of this Thread. We do it not God.

At least you understand this concept.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join