It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people blame God for their misfortune

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I just had to start my own thread.. Inspired by another one

The topic for the moment is "Why do people blame God for their misfortune"

First off God made us Humans with a conceptual consciousness.. To figure Things/Problems out for ourselves.. To create beautiful works of art, to till a field so we can feed ourselves, harvest herbs for medicine, Smelt metal so we can create cooking utensils and so forth , Weapons to protect us from beasts and each other. I see alot of people asking this question "Why did God do this to me"
God didn't give you cancer because you smoked Cigarettes.. You gave your self Cancer for smoking 2 packs a day for 40 Years.

Why are the children in Africa dying from hunger and a myriad of Diseases...
Because you live in a bad place. It's hard to grow food when you live in a desert type environment.

People need to stop Blaming God for the day to day events surrounding us.
We have the ability to make change.. We have the greatest gift..

Our Mind.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

First off God made us Humans with a conceptual consciousness.. To figure Things/Problems out for ourselves.. To create beautiful works of art, to till a field so we can feed ourselves, harvest herbs for medicine, Smelt metal so we can create cooking utensils and so forth , Weapons to protect us from beasts and each other.

Did God personally tell you this?

I don't see how anyone can know why God chooses to do anything, or if there even is a God for that matter. How people can base their beliefs, with absolute certainty, around a 2000 year old book that has been translated and edited for various reasons, is beyond me.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

It doesn't really matter if we were created by God.. You missed the point..
I'm asking why people blame God..

And yes, I agree about the bible thing. It has been translated from a few languages and you always loose something in translation.

Oh and I do not hear God.. I have a brain and I make use of it to make decisions and day to day things.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Lantian]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Personally, I've always wondered why people credit God with everything good in their lives, wether it's personal skills, or something gained through hard work, love, ect.
Not saying God doesn't necassarily play a hand in it, but when someone works hard for years to win a race, it wasn't God's doing, it was theirs.
People blame got for their misfortuen because he's supposed to be all knowing and all powerful.
They blame him for the same reasons they blame the Government and othe rpeople. They made a mistake or several mistakes and they can't live up to them, change them, or ask for help in getting it fixed.
Blaming God takes some of the pressure off. Sometimes it may help them get moving again, other times it's just a scapegoat.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Lol.. God is the ultimate scape goat

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

I think the better question then is.. Why do we rely so heavily on a God that doesn't seem to want to take ownership of his creation?

Or... Why do we speculate anything about a God when nothing beyond blind faith is what is used to make Him seem real?

It occurs to me that everyone wants to take a side.. How about this.. Be the best person you can while you're here and leave it up to death to show you if your speculation is correct.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
We are our beginning and our end.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lantian
reply to post by RuneSpider

Lol.. God is the ultimate scape goat

Realistically, you are probably right. Throughout history God has been the answer to the unanswerable. Why does the sun come up? Well, God makes it come up. How was the earth formed? Well, God made it.... etc.

It is hard to answer why a child would get Lukemia, or why an earthquake would kill so many innocent people, or why so many have to starve to death in 3rd world countries. So people turn to the easy answer, God said so.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

hello

personally i believe God is in control of everything that happens and everything should be thanked for, including the bad as there are reasons for them, even if we are not aware of it at the time.

this, in my opinion is why Christians blame God rather than thanking him. they know ultimately he is in charge but cannot see past the upset

david

[edit on 26/5/2008 by drevill]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

God left us to fend for ourselves. We have no choice but to do so.. And we have done a pretty good job at doing it so far.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
hello Lantian

i do not know your beliefs but why do you think God has left us to fend for ourselves?

david

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

It's not like were kindergarten children and have to be directed by a Divine force. We have the greatest gift of all time.. Our Mind which entails all kinds of
Great Things. God wanted it that way so shall it be.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
you mean how do we know that it's God work? this is like saying "why do I get wet when I touch water?"

God directs and orders everything that happens in this world. You can't question physics and nature.

It's not that we blame him, we just know that he's responsible. there is no blame when someone is doing their work.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
hello Lantian

I disagree I think God watches over us at all times

Matt 6:26 KJV

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

david

[edit on 26/5/2008 by drevill]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

That is not the point of this thread to justify if God is watching us or not..
The Topic is Why do people blame God for their misfortune.

Not to be rude or anything.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
hello Lantian

it was answer to your comments, thats all

The simple answer is that any Christian blaming God lacks the faith to thank him instead.

david

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lantian
It's not like were kindergarten children and have to be directed by a Divine force. We have the greatest gift of all time.. Our Mind which entails all kinds of
Great Things. God wanted it that way so shall it be.

Glad to see this thread.

Anyone who has watched the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark has an idea of what the ark of the covenant is; Hollywood portrayed it as a 'radio for speaking to God'. The idea seems silly, but in fact that is what your mind actually is.

I believe that there is some correlation between the chemical reactions in our brains and the electromagnetic universe, where the brain processes signals as a receiver and our bodies are merely an elaborate input/output device in which we experience a virtual world as a node or personal POV.

Therefore, we are all running on one piece of software, but each one of us is only reading the portion of it that was designed to be sent to ourselves. When we realize what we are and how we function we can better understand how we are supposed to live.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

I much prefer the phrase: "Crap happens."
'Cause it does, and we muddle through it the best we can. SOmetimes venting it out on something or someone else that's more of an idea to most people helps them deal. 'Cause in a very real way the deck's are stacked against us. Having some kinda buffer keeps us sane and able to move forwards.
There's a phrase that really ticks me off that runs similar to the one you are asking about.
"They deserved it."
Fired, earthquakes, death, plagues, war. People loosing their entire families, home, everything.
And they deserve it, or God is punishing them for something they personally had nothing to do with. Punishinga country when the leaders who caused it are probably safe and cozy. Or blaming a race or group. Makes me sick.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

A nice approach..

Our mind is a conduit. Our DNA have antenna on them to receive information, to reprogram if necessary to send message on within our body and transmit outwardly too.

And now back to Topic.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Why do people blame God for their misfortune.?

because they are so far gone in the brain-washing that it
really is actually logical to blame this alleged "GOD" or "GODS".

you see, if I were told from an infant that smurfs (ya I said Smurf...he he)
were the all powerful gods and there was even a sacred book about it
and millions of others new this too, and they also had this book...

well then .. I would to this day possibly still be a Smurf Worshiping Fool.

and since Smurfs are all knowing , all loving and all powerful... then...
yea , I would blame them......has anyone looked at our world lately.

these Smurfs are not doing much of a good job..in my opinion
so....mabey this Smurf story is BS, Im starting to think...

THATS IT !

...I`m starting to think ................ with my own mind and heart..

and its telling me to drop the Smurf fantasy
and grow up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join