It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate your own government!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
State the country of the government.
0 for being the worst and 10 for the best.
Please give some reasons why you give your government that rating.
Also the pros and cons of your government if you have the time. Thank you.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

U.S.A. - 7

The government are people just like us. But, when you start getting into some of the clandestine operations then I don't agree. But for the rest of the agencies out there, GSA, Dept. of interior, etc. Those are good in my opinion.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
United States of America

I rate it at a 0

The reason being that the Government no longer answers to the people it was originaly put into place to protect, especially with the current Administration. The entire process is set up now to make the rich people get richer and the poor to stay poor, and die miserable at that.

The fact also that Government is non-accountable for it's actions, unless something majorly drastic happens, and some intelligent person jumps into the mix and takes advantage of the opportunity to make a change while grasping power for themselves, which more often than not becomes detrimental to us as well, because they are seeking power not for the betterment of mankind, but for their career and wallet.

After a certain level of power being achieved by any representative of Government, the accountibility just is not there, it is more the fact that the people within Government watch for those they perceive as future or potential enemies, and thereby set up those individuals to get caught, and make it look like the "accountibility" is in place and that "one person" was caught doing something naughty, kind of like the patsy or fall guy scenario.

On top of this, there's also no recourse for the American citizens to throw the politicians out of office, without a major drama, through the Impeachment Process, which can take up to a year or more, because once the process begins, the Administration begins shuffling papers to kill the process through many thousands of papercuts, to cover their behind as well as to fight it.

Personally, the old days of marching on the politicians office, no matter the position, and grabbing them and tarring and feathering them needs to be reinstated, and running them out of town on a rail.

American Government - 0

Power to the people, to self-govern through the system of checks and balances, and representing themselves, all politicians should work for free, with exception to a set and reasonable level of housing costs along with food, and it should be extremely accountable where every single penny a politician spends, private, work related, or whatever is pasted in the newspaper, somewhere with large bold letters, with their home and work phone number, and address.

Oh, and they do not deserve to vote for their own pay raises, ever.

I wish I got to vote for My pay raise every six months. Wow, that must be nice.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
U.S.A - 4

Increasing Oil prices, Destroyed Housing/real-estate Market, Probable war in Iran, decreasing value of U.S. Dollar, and best of all.........Dubya.

Sure hope things turn around soon!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Australia- 7.0

Still currently new but has made some radical changes to our working and living standards. But still we have problems with outside influence

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
United States - 4

The Good:
1) Emergency service coverage is generally good, especially in a country this geographically large.
2) We have a strong enough military to fend off foreign invasion easily.
3) Some will complain about it, but I've seen no erosion of my civil liberties.
4) Good infrastructure that has contributed to high standards of living. Virtually everyone has access to phones, electricity, etc. Transportation infrastructure is also relatively good.

The Bad:
1) The government is too big and serves no one in this country except the people running it, whether they be Republicans or Democrats at the time. Giving more authority back to the states would empower the people once again and would quell much of the discontent with both parties.
2) Taxes are too high.
3) Government spending and scope are beyond 'excessive'.
4) Inconsistent foreign policy. Either be aggressive or bring the troops home from EVERY country. The latter is preferable.
5) Government priorities are in the wrong place. There needs to be far less spending on fruitless social programs that cost over $1 trillion yearly and far more on scientific and technical research and development. In other words, lets stop throwing money down the toilet and actually do something that we, as a society, are actually good at.

There are plenty more on both sides, but these are the ones I can think of offhand.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Bahrain goverment....

For those who dont know bahrian, its a small island right next Saudi.
I rate the Kingdom of Bahain a 1 out of 10.

In bahrain, its not how intelegent or educated you are to make it in life, its how low you neal to the royal family. Almost all the minsters we have in bahrain don't deserve being where they are, they just go there because of thier last name.

Its all about knowing people that know some people that know some people, and if you.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
United States of America

I rate it at a 0

That's kinda cruel

If I rate the US government, it's probably a 6 or a 5.
But I like the country a lot.

Now, my own government.

Indonesia - 6 and a half

Pros: Maintaining freedom of religion, low taxes, cheap gasoline price (even still), better freedom in politics, better democracy - one man one vote (no superdelegates nonsense)

Cons: corrupt and weak in law enforcement, military still hasn't fully reformed yet.

Yes, my country allows me to rate the government 6 and a half. Now.. that doesn't happen everywhere.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
UK Government = 0

We get taxed to the hilt, bend over backwards for human rights (about right because our governments have no spines)

Whether we are run by Labour, Conservatives or Liberals it is just the same old s**te, they line their own pockets whilst thieving from our own pockets.

I have paid like so many through our wages week on week year on year contributions to the NHS, the way that is run is a shambles, anyone who has paid into it for over 30yrs like myself would think the waiting queue for a op would be short.................over two years I waited for a bone graft ????

We have a population over 65 million yet our jails can only hold around 85k for males, so most new or re-offenders get let out on bail to just carry like before at the detriment of the law abiding, jeez build more jails to hold at least one fifth of the population so the general public can feel slightly safer.

Once upon a time I loved England......................not now

I could rant forever but you and I have other things to get on with

If anyone in the UK would be willing to finance me to run for PM then feel free to pm me.

Wolfie_UK

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
SELF GOVERNED; sovereign
morally responsible for my own actions

I am,

Sri Oracle

new topics

top topics

join