It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Puberty is a threat to the development of society.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
My theory may sound silly to you, but, I believe that puberty is a threat to our society. When children enter the stage of puberty it seems as if all intelligent thought in them ceases to be and their body changes and at the end of all these changes they will become an adult. This process is very harmful to our development as sentient life forms. I am going through puberty myself so I know how painful it is and how damaging the process can be to other people. Most of the damage done to other people by puberty is permanent. I believe that there must be some treatment plan invented so that people going through the early stages of puberty when their body starts to rapidly change won't feel so much pain. If we don't do that I believe that our society will become a lot dumber and more focused on their primal sex instinct.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well, we could just force castrations and hysterectomies on all children after birth. Then we would have no puberty / hormonal problems to deal with. Also, in about 100 years, the world would be a much more peaceful place right?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
That's the thing. We need to be able to have reproduction without the problems that we deal with when we go through puberty. I believe that we need to find some way to normalize our body so that it doesn't make a lot of changes so that it still goes through the regular growth patterns and changes but without so much of a change that makes our thoughts, ideas, and, our way of thinking so much different so that it ends up hurting us or leaving us mentally unstable because of the process of puberty itself.

I don't like what I'm going through. It's a painful process, but, I know that I must go through it. I just think that if the world was without this painful process and that our child hood could continue as it was and that we could become older without ever needing to go through this that we would be a lot happier. I agree that if we didn't go through this stage in our life that the world would be a lot more peaceful.

Maybe, we could have the same effects of puberty, but, without all of those other side effects that we know to be paining us each day. Puberty messes up our system. I believe that we just need to have some way of making the process less painful so we can feel better about going through this awful stage in our life.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

When children enter the stage of puberty it seems as if all intelligent thought in them ceases to be and their body changes and at the end of all these changes they will become an adult.

Naa. The only reason that they seem to lose all intelligence is because they are trying too hard to be "real adults" while at the same time trying to show adults that they can be better adults than them and not screw the world up as bad as the adults already have. Hope that makes sense.

Being an adult has nothing to do with sexual development in the long run. I've seen some young people who are twice the adult that some "grown-ups" are. And at the same time, there are plenty of adults that I am surprised actually did make it out of puberty alive, and still don't have a clue.

The body change can be tough, but just remember, as weird as it may seem, it is indeed normal, and everyone has goes through it. Just keep a good head on your shoulders and you'll do fine.

If we don't do that I believe that our society will become a lot dumber and more focused on their primal sex instinct.

Trust me, you will never be more focused on your primal sex instinct than when you are young. Well, let me rephrase that. If you're a guy that's true. For women, they tend to make the most of their urges a bit later in life.

Either way, you hang tough. Once you come out the other side, you'll say, wow that was something, but not really so bad after all.

[edit on 5/26/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Unfortunately, life is pain. If puberty ends up being the most painful and challenging thing you face in life, then you will have led a pretty charmed life. Or you didn't really live at all, if you know what I mean.

I think a bigger problem with puberty would be locking up hundreds of kids that are all going through puberty at the same time in the same building. The damage that kids inflict on each other during that time is far more severe than the actual process itself.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I think a bigger problem with puberty would be locking up hundreds of kids that are all going through puberty at the same time in the same building. The damage that kids inflict on each other during that time is far more severe than the actual process itself.

You got that right. I've always loved learning, but school sucked, was pure torture under those conditions.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I do understand what your trying to get at but I really doubt that science can do anything about it in this time.

new topics

top topics

join