It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the deeply religious who feel god has made a change in their lives... answer this

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

Hmmm, wasn't Satan a Cherub?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

yep a cute little naked baby with wings

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Ok.. so yeahSatan was a cherub... Lucifer? and then fell... so he had choice still as an angel yeah? angels still have free will?

Please let us lose the sillyness.. no attitues here anymore mate ok.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Satan was an Archangel cast from heaven.
Lucifer is the name given to the archangel form, Satan, Devil, Bezelbub (sp?) is given to the lord of evil.

The way i understand it (and i dont know everything....believe me..)

Lucifer was given a form of free will. Most angels are complete servants to God (the movie Dogma actually explains this better than i ever could)

Lucifer went after the throne, challanged God for the kingdom of Heaven, and was easily defeated and cast from paradise, into the realm created just for his arrival. Hell.

From Hell, satan seeks to combat God and Christ by stealing the souls that belong to God. True, God could just move in and destory Satan....etc etc etc, God can do what God wishes to do. But i dont understand Gods intentions, i just have an assumption that God is doing it to say "i can do all of these things without willing it so, i can do it on your level satan, i am that great" is the way i picture God going about this.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2

so what if angels are just aliens

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Hmmm, wasn't Satan a Cherub?

Not to throw a wrench in this, but Satan was an archangel, not a cherub
Cherub is a sort of generic term for "angel"

There are all sorts of Angels depicted in the Bible.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Would it be wrong for me to think of God and the devil and angels as immortal physical beings
say from another planet well outside of our.. universe even?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm still not convinced, god is suppose to be so good and just, but he has slaves and killed so many people in a flood because he was mad at them. Sound to me like he is just a man with the power to do as he pleases.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ok, first, a baby with wings creeps me out...

Second, I'm referring to Ezekiel 28:14

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

And the hierarchy of angels.

A cherubim is higher than an archangel.

[edit on 5/26/2008 by bigbert81]

link   

to think of them as physical beings actually makes more sense if you are actually paying attention to his messages

link   
reply to post by narissa83

Oh yeah thats my point to.. so what if angels and aliens are the same thing.. you see but many Christians would say no.. aliens are all the devils crew.. and honestly guys I dont know.

Damn > edit > I know there are good an bad angels..

[edit on 05/09/2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

God is not a man. God is not a physical being. Think of God as an invisible substance that encompasses everything. Christ was the physical embodiment of God. The bible says that the word of God was with God in the beginning, and later calls Jesus Christ "the word" many times, so it says to me that Jesus and God are one in the same (that and Jesus says when you see me, you see the father)

God is not a "man in the clouds on a power trip"

as for the floor, God gave it a try to speak to these people through Free will, and what you forget is that God saved Noah and his family, along with all the creatures of the planet. God cast out the wicked and pagan into the flood, because they heard the word of God, but chose to ignore it.

You reap what you sew. Don't expect God to have mercy on you and your soul if you choose to negate or neglect the word of God.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

i agree, many people say that aliens have been here living, coexisting with humans for many years. what if they are the cause of miracles and supernatural phenomenon?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
Ok, first, a baby with wings creeps me out...

Second, I'm referring to Ezekiel 28:14

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

And the hierarchy of angels.

A cherubim is higher than an archangel.

[edit on 5/26/2008 by bigbert81]

I stand 100% corrected. Thank You

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

hello Narissa

the reason for the flood was that mankind had become corrupt in many ways and God preserved the bloodline of Christ in order that we can be saved. God took extreme action only when they had evil in thier hearts and minds continuously.

question

A man holds a gun to your partners head, he's shouting and screaming

you are an expert and quick shot, you know without a doubt that you could kill him and that your partner will come to no harm, what do you do?

but will the man do anything, is the gun loaded, does he have justification for doing this? it may seem like an odd question but we have no knowledge of his reasons do we?

anyhow just thought i would chip in as Gods actions can sometime seem a little harsh

david

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
An answer to the original question:

God doesn't let people starve and die. We do. If you believe in free will then you know that man lets this happen to other men. If it were God's will we wouldn't have a choice.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2

Would it be wrong for me to think of God and the devil and angels as immortal physical beings
say from another planet well outside of our.. universe even?

i gota go away for about 30 minutes, but i'd love to continue this debate when i return

talking to you people is a lot better than talking to the youtube crowd (less flamming and name calling here)

I look forward to talking a littel bit more after while

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

so you are saying that noah was the only person on earth that wasn't "wicked and pagan"?

Also, what's your source, a book written by men that heard voices?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill

the reason for the flood was that mankind had become corrupt in many ways and God preserved the bloodline of Christ in order that we can be saved. God took extreme action only when they had evil in thier hearts and minds continuously.

question

A man holds a gun to your partners head, he's shouting and screaming

you are an expert and quick shot, you know without a doubt that you could kill him and that your partner will come to no harm, what do you do?

but will the man do anything, is the gun loaded, does he have justification for doing this? it may seem like an odd question but we have no knowledge of his reasons do we?

anyhow just thought i would chip in as Gods actions can sometime seem a little harsh

david

"the bloodline of christ" so he saved his great grandson an no on else-nice way to show you care.

answer to the question, if you are an expert shot then you know you can disarm the man with the gun without killing anyone

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

God isnt a man....... hmmm... ok... so what is the definition of making man in our image and after our likeness? does that just mean we... WE.. will make man as we feel like making them? [says God and crew] and it doesnt suggest that man indeed resembles God?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join