It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the deeply religious who feel god has made a change in their lives... answer this

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2
By the way.. bastard means without a father or something. Least when you debate with people u could get your definitions of words correct.

[Edit to correct spelling]

[edit on 05/09/2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

Thank you for the teachings O Wise One.

I'm well aware of what bastard means. I didn't know I had to be politically correct to call someone a name.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2

Hey genius,

When you call a thread 'rather childish', you're talking to everyone who's posted in there.

So don't tell me that calling others 'childish' isn't talking down.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
You can laugh all day.. all youre doing is proving me right. Yes mate you do have to get your words right and correct. Most intelligent ATS users do. And im far far away from those genius on here.

That belief is rather childish. Theres a whole thread on how childish it is.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

"Jesus said... the Kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you, not in mansions of wood and stone. Split a piece of wood... and I am there, lift a stone... and you will find me." The gospel of Thomas, the word of Jesus, completely left out of the Bible. Why?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

There we go again.

You're really starting to wear me out here.

I'm going to 'look inside myself' and realize that you have nothing to go off of, so you criticize me calling him a 'bastard' because it doesn't fit in with the definition.

Get off your trip and 'look inside yourself'.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

I know mate. But Christians dont define that the same way. They say it means the ability to bring Gods heaven to earth lies within us... [which is true] but they dont think GOD is inside them also.

Edit to add [in brackets]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Let me ask you, What was Kevin Carter doing while taking this photo?
Watching him in pain?

Obviously, he did something to help the child. So maybe thats why "God" did not help him. But then again, when has "God" helped any of us? Think back, really think, was it "God"? Or was it a human being's doing?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"Why do we spend hundreds of billions on NASA when much of the world is starving?"

Why did you buy a computer when all the world is starving?
Why does anyone buy anything that is not necessary for survival?
Why would anyone be starving with all this "stuff" in the world?
Why would americans make fuel out of corn when it could feed so many?
Why would you buy and fix so much food only to throw most of it in the trash?
Why....because we are all selfish to the core...if its not happening in my backyard I don't care. When and if it does happen to me then I'll pray and everything will be ok. (don't say you care because if you did you wouldn't have all the "stuff" you have.)

There are those who do help.....somewhat but that is for their own selfish reasons. It makes them feel good...just like a high some get from drugs. Everything everyone does is selfish. The rich who get bored with "stuff", and those who feel guilty...but then it is still done in a selfish way.

Why does God not help? WE are made in his likeness....and we are selfish....then perhaps so is he....if not then why are we here?

Earth=giant ant farm

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Again.,. you totally IGNORED the fact that I explained I didnt care really what you called him... but YOU seem to have it stuck in your mind... so maybe YOU are the one thinking you shouldnt have called him a bastard? I really dont care what label you give him. Or me

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

What's the matter with you? This is the second time you've said something totally contradictory of what you've already said, and then try to play it off like you're smarter.

Hmmm, let's see here:

Yes mate you do have to get your words right and correct. Most intelligent ATS users do.

That's right. Quit trying to sound smart, it doesn't suit you. You say it doesn't matter, and then continue to bring it up by posting the definition and this above quote.

Who's the childish hypocrite now?

[edit on 5/26/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trams

Let me ask you, What was Kevin Carter doing while taking this photo?
Watching him in pain?

Obviously, he did something to help the child. So maybe thats why "God" did not help him. But then again, when has "God" helped any of us? Think back, really think, was it "God"? Or was it a human being's doing?

he did something to help the child???

did u read the caption below the photograph???

it says the photographer took the photo... and then left... and it says nobody knows what happened to the child BECAUSE the photographer left... so i think its pretty obvious that NO the photographer did not help the child...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

You see... all you want to do is personally insult and label..

In case you havnt noticed my name PARADOX it means CONTRADICTION.
But you obviously dont know about the divine paradox and how all truths are only half truths.

I am the first person to shout aloud, Im not the smartest guy in the world... but you religious people always look down on others cause you THINK you are right and all you have by way of facts is ????? ..NOTHING.. just some little watered down book.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

because its fake!

"Simon Peter said to them, ‘Make Mary leave us, for females don’t deserve life.’ Jesus said, ‘Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven’" (Thomas 114).

thats why

david

[edit on 26/5/2008 by drevill]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You see... all you want to do is personally insult and label..

That's 3 times. Quit trying to give yourself the high ground. You've called me unintelligent, childish, and a hypocrite, yet you try to make yourself sound like a saint. Give me a break and wake up into reality.

In case you havnt noticed my name PARADOX it means CONTRADICTION.

Really? Is this what you're going to use? This is going to be your defense for sounding unintelligent and like you have no memory of what you've previously said? You get caught being a hypocrite, and then use your username to bail you out?

Get out of here.

But you obviously dont know about the divine paradox and how all truths are only half truths.

Ommmmmmmm. I have never heard such bull before. This quote, and 'look inside yourself'? Wow. What a joke.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

As for that gospel of Thomas.... I dont believe really any so called 'lost or missing books' .. I think they are lies too, just like the rest of the bible.. [maybe] but I dont know. I know there is some truth in it no doubt.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
we are all gods...

every one of us...

i wish the governemnts cared for the people instead of making slaves out of the people

i love this message
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Skipper1975]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yeah bert its called ' not giving a toss anymore '
you deserve what you get, how do you like wasting your time and patience?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Yeah, you got me alright.

I'm the one wasting my time and patience, you are of course above that type of thing right?

BTW, I am actually waiting for 10 am, with nothing to do until then.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
St. Udio,

God is not perpetually allowing the sins of the Father to visit the children this many generations from the very first generation which had sinned. Even if it was 10 generations, we'd still be well into the clear by now.

nice try at rationalizing away the law,
a law that has layers upon layers of reasonings behind it...

No, Im only saying that the 'sins' of the father only have a duration of 3 generations max.
so if my great-great-grandfather was engaged in the slave trade or were the 'Ripper' in England...those 'sins' would have little effect on my life...
Its when a father becomes a diabolical sinner that the sins of the father follow the offspring, probably both genetically and in the social realm by being ostracized, such as being a contaminated, diseased by unknown ailments, depraved sociopath, etc.... an outcast in the population...
much like the son of Adam , Cain, became so eaten up with sin that murder was a natural & obvious choice for him, but way foreign to all those around him.

The law (of whatever it is) was created for men to consider their life pursuits before they commit them to action,,, because there will be a ?karmic? debt to pay for themselves ->> and future heirs.

the poor toddler in the picture did nothing to deserve his circumstance,
but the toddlers fate ultimately was caused by his parents (fathers) sins and lack of extracting onesself (and their children) from the destructive/soul eating environment of death.
Parents, caretakers, fathers who are most likely self absorbed with their own fate & fallen away from altruistic and higher moral thinking, (i.e. a sinner) left that toddler in that 'jaws of death' situation...
so the camera man could capture the moment.

I'm certain that a waddler, toddler, bulging belly kid his size was not
walking-crawling their way to a long away destination,
the parent/caretaker/father probably needed to take a break from carrying the toddler & left him on the trail.(if only for a minute or two)
the false impression we are given is just that... a false impression,
intended to pull at one's heartstrings...

in fact i'd question the veracity of the 'photographer killed himself'
story...it sounds too much a contrived legend to me,

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by drevill

God has let many of his people suffer. we see it from one point of view but we all serve a purpose in Gods plan. At times this is so difficult to comprehend but it doesn't change the fact.

I don't believe in god as many people do, but I do believe there is a higher consciousness watching over us. It may choose to intervene every once and awhile, but only on rare instances. Those who suffer do so because of several reasons (government, poverty cycle, etc). For the most part, people make other people suffer just as much as people make themselves suffer. But of all those who have suffered or died for the wrong reasons the worst reason is "in the name of god". Religious wars and killing in the name of god is strange to me. If god is all-knowing and all-powerful why would he/she want so many people to die in his/her name? The answer is simple, people need someone to blame for all the bad things that happen to them. It doesn't matter if its their fault or some unexplained catastrophe, it's easier to blame someone who isn't there then to take responsibility for your own actions.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join