It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the deeply religious who feel god has made a change in their lives... answer this

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

Lone Star.....
I think you have it right.........Look at Abraham....he did not "belong" to a church.....obedience, love and faith.........in all thy ways acknowledge God and your paths will be straight.
I think being in a church is helpful to strengthen you in gods word.....but you have to be in the "right" church. I cannot say what that is...it is different for everyone. At least until Jesus returns. Having Christian brothers to lean on and sisters to help is a strength and a standard so you have some feed back when questions arise. We lean on each other and give each other strength. It teaches us to play well in the sandbox so to speak.......

You cannot go wrong by following God, Jesus and the holy spirit.....
God Bless and keep you in your walk!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I left out: I know most Christians don't believe in past lives. I don't really either. However, I feel that if someone does have a purpose in life or - a lesson and they don't learn it - they can either come back and get it right or stay. I'm just saying I think it's a possability. Also something to help answer this question and help people deal with it.

Basically all I know is one day I'll be in heaven with him getting all the answers as to whether I was right or not.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Its all so easy for somebody sitting behind a computer tho isnt it to say that. You wasnt there, you dont know the guy, you dont know anything really about it yet youre JUDGING this guy like you know best... are you God fearing yourself? How do we know the guy didnt try do something?

Lets say he did kill himself cause he felt so bad that he didnt do anything, whether cause he couldnt have or cause he could have but didnt... are you seriously glad that he killed himself? does that make you HAPPY?

Do we even know for facts he committed suicide?

Im not standing by anybody but if I see something offkey and narrow minded I'l debate it.. no disrespect to you. I stand by my comment, people need to see what is going on and sometimes all we can do is watch and take note.

When famine is televised on the news do you think every camera man should kill themselves or something? what would we KNOW if we didnt see these images?

Peace.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
God has helped me more times than i can count. he's provided miracles. I dont need anymore proof than what has happened in my own life. But why would god help the evil and ignorant? ask yourself that. are you really that good of a person? do you go out of your way to help others when there is no sign of you being rewarded or your deeds noticed?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariana9

Yeah, but if someone were to help a person in their own country that is suffering they would lose the privilege of being able to hold their nose up at others "for not donating to a developing nation". Let's also disregard the fact that a large number of families in North America and parts of Western Europe are barely able to afford food and shelter because they are so heavily taxed, and that those taxes are used to donate money towards organizations like the World Bank and The Red Cross.

Directed towards the people complaining about Sudan, exactly what do you want the Western world to do? Walk in and slaughter the Arabs? Continue to give money and weapons to the SLM (because that will really promote peace). Or better yet, we could invite representatives from both sides to side down, have some tea, and suddenly expect them to stop butchering one another because someone from an unrelated part of the world suggested they do so.

The truth is, large parts of the world are just not very nice, but that doesn't prove or disprove the existence of God. This has been debated for centuries and do you really think some malformed argument on the internet is going to sway anyones opinion as to one side or the other?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This thread is silly really and rather childish. When you all say God you mean this bible God.. well wakey wakey.. God [as you call it] Is much bigger than that.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2

Its all so easy for somebody sitting behind a computer tho isnt it to say that. You wasnt there, you dont know the guy, you dont know anything really about it yet youre JUDGING this guy like you know best... are you God fearing yourself? How do we know the guy didnt try do something?

Lets say he did kill himself cause he felt so bad that he didnt do anything, whether cause he couldnt have or cause he could have but didnt... are you seriously glad that he killed himself? does that make you HAPPY?

Do we even know for facts he committed suicide?

Im not standing by anybody but if I see something offkey and narrow minded I'l debate it.. no disrespect to you. I stand by my comment, people need to see what is going on and sometimes all we can do is watch and take note.

When famine is televised on the news do you think every camera man should kill themselves or something? what would we KNOW if we didnt see these images?

Peace.

Yes, it is easy to judge by reading the story accompanied with the picture, that perhaps you should take the time and read yourself, because your post severely reflects the fact that you have not.

And I hope that that IS the reason why he offed himself, he was overwhelmed by guilt.

You're talking about a child's life, and defending someone who admitted to walking away when this child was in dire need.

And no, death does not make me happy at all. I wish the man was still alive. If you'd ever read my posts, you would know that, but since he did off himself, I hope this child was running through his mind.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

This thread is silly really and rather childish. When you all say God you mean this bible God.. well wakey wakey.. God [as you call it] Is much bigger than that.

Please cite your sources for this.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Mate if thats all you can say after my post...... then NO
go find your own sources like the rest of us thinking people do.

Hint - the best place to find out is INSIDE YOURSELF.

See ya

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
God has helped me more times than i can count. he's provided miracles. I dont need anymore proof than what has happened in my own life. But why would god help the evil and ignorant? ask yourself that. are you really that good of a person? do you go out of your way to help others when there is no sign of you being rewarded or your deeds noticed?

great... this thread was directed towards people like u... now tell me.. if god would take the time to help you more times than you can count and provide miracles... why did he not help the child??? i want YOU to answer

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think it's funny that because I called the photographer a 'bastard' based upon the information available to me, people feel the need to jump in and defend this guy with their 'anything could've happened' attitude.

Really? Is me calling this guy a bastard really that big of an issue to where we now need to sit down and figure out why he might not be guilty?

I'll admit that I don't know the entire situation surrounding this picture, but based off of the information I have, he seems to most certainly be a 'bastard'.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Mate if thats all you can say after my post...... then NO
go find your own sources like the rest of us thinking people do.

Hint - the best place to find out is INSIDE YOURSELF.

See ya

'Inside yourself'?

I've never heard such a load of BS...

I think you've seen too many movies.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by speaknoevil07

I agree with you that we need our brothers and sisters to lean on. I surround myself with them; friends and family that have the same faith. Most of them do attend church so I learn through them. My problem with "organized" religion is that from my experience it's filled with hypocrits. To me that is just a big a sin as the others. It's not anyones job to judge me. That is what my Lord will do when the time is right.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Oh no mate, wasnt anything to do with what label you give him, you could call him all the names under the sun.. or be as nice as you like... all Im saying is be careful how you judge. Im actually thinking of your own inner benefit. Im sorry if I havnt made that clear.. just remember if and when you die, and God asks you about things.. you have to have some answers... so .. be careful.. judgement is Gods right? seriously I just care about people. I dont want to hang on this board but I may pop back.. I really dont want to get into silly debates on what and who is god.. cause this isnt the right thread .

Take care.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

In The Name of God The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

All the Messengers and Prophets of God came to this world with the message, " Worship the Lord God with all your heart with all your mind and with all your soul, ascribing no partners unto Him; and " Love thy neighbors as you love thyself."

If all mankind followed these commandments from God, there will be no hunger in this world, there will be justice and there will be no crimes because much crimes were done because of injustice.

If mankind has loved God with all their mind, with all their heart and with all their soul as they were commanded, they will not love their wealth and hoard their riches from the poor. Indeed they will spend of what God has given to them in charity, out of thankfulness and fear of God Who has commanded them to give charity to the needy.

Here are just a few reminders that God has sent through His trusted messengers concerning Charity.

And when it is said unto them: Spend of that wherewith God hath provided you. those who disbelieve say unto those who believe: Shall we feed those whom God if He willed, would feed? Ye are in naught else than error manifest.

Lo! ye are those who are called to spend in the way of God, yet among you there are some who hoard. And as for him who hoardeth, he hoardeth only from his soul. And God is the rich, and ye are the poor. And if ye turn away He will exchange you for some other folk, and they will not be the likes of you.

O ye who believe! Spend of that wherewith We have provided you before a day come when there will be no trafficking, nor friendship, nor intercession. The disbelievers, they are the wrong-doers.

Verily God heard the saying of those who said, "God, forsooth, is poor, and we are rich!" We shall record their saying with their slaying of the Prophets wrongfully and We shall say: Taste ye the punishment of burning!

O ye who believe! Spend of the good things which ye have earned, and of that which we bring forth from the earth for you, and seek not the bad (with intent) to spend thereof (in charity) when ye would not take it for yourselves save with disdain; and know that God is Absolute, Owner of Praise.

O MANKIND, YOUR WEALTH AND YOUR CHILDREN ARE BUT A TEST TO YOU, DO NOT LET THEM DISTRACT YOU IN THE REMEMBRANCE OF GOD UNTO WHOM YOU WILL ALL BE GATHERED IN A DAY WHEREIN THERE IS NO DOUBT.

BLESSED ARE THE POOR IN THE EARTH FOR THEY WILL EAT AT GOD'S TABLE AND THE ANGELS WILL MINISTER AFTER THEM.

WHAT IS PERFECTION? PERFECTION IS TO BELIEVE AND PRAY TO GOD AS IF YOU CAN SEE HIM. AND I YOU CANNOT ATTAIN SUCH A STATE OF DEVOTION, THEN IT IS TO BELIEVE THAT IF YOU CANNOT SEE HIM, HE SEES YOU.

ALL PRAISE BELONGS TO GOD, THE LORD OF THE UNIVERSE. AMEN

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2

Agreed!!! Read my posts, that's exactly what I'm trying to say.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Too many movies eh..

Ok mate I conceed. your all right and exact.. go ahead believe what you like. God isnt inside you no? gos didnt BREATHE his breathe of LIFE into you no?

Okaaaaaaaaaay.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
By the way.. bastard means without a father or something. Least when you debate with people u could get your definitions of words correct.

[Edit to correct spelling]

[edit on 05/09/2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Too many movies eh..

Ok mate I conceed. your all right and exact.. go ahead believe what you like. God isnt inside you no? gos didnt BREATHE his breathe of LIFE into you no?

Okaaaaaaaaaay.

But I looked 'inside myself'...

I'm just simply wondering why you're talking down to people because you think you know more of God or reality than others do.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Im not talking down to anyone, thats YOUR psychology and how YOU define what you are reading.

[edit on 05/09/2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join