It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the deeply religious who feel god has made a change in their lives... answer this

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Unfortunately, Christians will tell you when these things happen that they are "God's will." I grew up in a Christian household and when I had this exact question when tragedy struck, those were always the two words I heard.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   

You are mixing things of a spiritual nature with things of the physical. If somebody says they are the way the are because of God's influence, that doesn't mean they live in lap of luxury, eating three course meals everyday, and that God has given them a limitless credit card and supermodel wife.

All I’m saying is that if you pray for something, for example you pray for a thousand dollars and god answers your prayers and you somehow receive a thousand dollars. Why should god answer your prayers when starving children in Africa pray and god doesn’t answer?

That prayer doesn’t have to be something big either, you can pray for your favourite football team to win and they do – suppose it really was god that made the football team win because you prayed for it, why should starving children in Africa pray and not be answered when god was able to answer you ?

Why does god answer you but not them?

It seems even you find it makes no sense so you block it out of your mind and make up some pathetic excuse that it’s a ‘spiritual matter’, meaning it’s god’s will. So god chooses whose prayers he answers – ahhh, I see, so god simply chooses not to answer those children…. WOW your god is a monster……..

[edit on 29-5-2008 by andre18]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I agree Wholeheartedly.

Watch the Following George Carlin clip, I couldn't say it any better myself.
It's hilarious, but also strikingly true.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

i don't think it works like that

God gives us what we need not what we think we want or need

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
To the Bible Thumpers: "God" never gave me free-choice. According to the Bible, I did not start out with a clean slate, I was born with "original sin". If I had the same deal Adam had, I'd be living in Paradise right this minute with my perfect mate ( since God reads minds, he'd know exactly the woman of my dreams). I was never given the chance to avoid sin.

To the Humanist: That starving child actually has hundreds, maybe thousands of other men, woman, children crawling to the feeding station outside of the limits of the picture; rarely are vultures alone. I don't know which is worse, letting the child die or keeping the child barely alive and suffering day after day. year after year.

To the People who are "Blessed" : Wake Up and do something! And quit sending money to agencies that say "It's for the children"; I've never seen any money in those children's hands, because if the children had all the money they would actually buy food!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rejco100

You don't see money in their hands, you see food and clothing and shelter, where it can be given.

I have even seen slaves in chains bought back from the North!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by rejco100

You don't see money in their hands, you see food and clothing and shelter, where it can be given.

I have even seen slaves in chains bought back from the North!

Its pointless to argue with haters and baiters...but for those who have a real heart for others and who actually give a rats ass about Africa here are some links...

www.wishforafrica.org...

www.asapafrica.org...

www.data.org...

www.amazonafrica.org...

www.africanaidsaction.org...

www.ushmm.org...

www.savedarfur.org...

www.eyesondarfur.org...

Save the Children

this last link is a purely informational link about how large multinationals have affected Nigeria...highly instructive...

www.globalissues.org...

Once you have educated yourself about the issues - try writing a letter to your congressional representative....a hand written one works best and gets read - emails not so much...if you have money to donate to one of the many groups both faith based and/or secular even a small donation can make a difference...

and then here are some links to info about a growing problem all over the world -

Slavery

www.notforsalecampaign.org...

www.infoplease.com...

www.iabolish.org...

The fact is GOD does hear the cries of HIS children all over the world - we are HIS hands, and its up to us to help each other....everything else is just talk and BS.....like most of this thread...
TA
realshanti

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
God allows all. Judgement is man-made.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
[edit on 29-5-2008 by DickieDee]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Everything we receive from God is BY FAITH in HIM and his SON JESUS.

JESUS deligated the Responsibility of MINISTERING unto others to his BODY his CHURCH/

all those who claim to be BORN AGAIN, they where told to GO INTO ALL THE WORLD
and Preach the GOOD NEWS. WE are GODS REPRESENITIVES HERE IN THE EARTH/

Mar 16:15
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

GOD has done all he is going to do/ He left his Church to take authority over this Planet, and MINISTER his MERCY and GRACE to those in Need. YOU AND I ARE HIS HANDS AND FEET. WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE JESUS TO THE WORLD/
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE to MINISTER to those in Need?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well, I can remember this story that might help in some way. Once there was a man who heard that a flood was coming but he believed that he did not have to worry because God was going to save him. Well, it started raining real hard and after a few hours, the water started to rise a little. A car came by and someone called out to him to get in. "come on, it's only going to get worse" they shouted. The man sat on his porch and said "No, I will be ok the Lord will save me." So they drove away. Many hours passed and the water had risen so high, the man had to go to the upstairs bedroom so he would not drown. Some people came by in a row boat and said "Come on! It's only gonna get worse..get in the boat" but the man said "No, thank you! The Lord is going to save me!" Well, after several more hours, the man had to climb to the roof of his house. A helicopter flew up to him. "We'll save you! Get on board...it's not going to stop anytime soon!" But the man who prayed and prayed for God to save him said, "No, that's all right! God will save me!". Well, the man ended up drowning and when he went to heaven and saw God heasked Him, "God, I thought you were going to save me!" And God said, "Well, I tried. I sent someone in a car, then a boat and then a helicopter to come and save you but you turned them all away."--so what's the moral? We make our own choices in this world and if people don't ACT with the opportunities that God provides us, there isn't much He can do. We don't know what exactly happened. Maybe the man HAD to walk away after asking the boy to come with him but didn't want to be arrested (or worse) for "kidnapping" the child or the boy was too scared of him. All I am saying is that judging the photographer is not the right thing to do. We don't know the whole story.
Sometimes God gives us opportunities to make a difference but we don't do it. God knows why people make the choices they do. We don't. And yes, we DO need more humanitarians.
VOTE GEORGE CLOONEY for President.--joking....we do need some good people running the government though.
"

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
it's nobodys fault of what u see in famine stricken countries. this is how it has to be for them for now. nobody dies in vain unless you believe in god. it's unfortunate to be born in a baron land. that cannot provide what they need for life. what of the counties governments. you well know has i do, that these people are not in a dire strait as the needy people of there country. it all comes down to who governs you. there are two evil powers, on our earth today, that we hear of daily, in the news. they are governments and the churches. every human being on earth has been cheated or decieved by politics. churches any 1 that understands know what people of the clothe have done. both of these entities ask you for money, money,money. thats why people are starving. even in the citie we live in. take care of your self. the end time is near.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by drevill

Yeah, I can attest to the help and care of God. I pray to him almost nightly, and if what I ask for is in my best interest it usually takes place. I also think these these Sudanese and whomever children are neglected by their families because them not trying to hunt or fish or grow a crop . If my child was in the straits of the poor little sould pictured, I guarantee they would have something to eat even if I had nothing but a handy neighbor that was ill. (I hate idea of canabolism, but why let more people die of hunger anyway) Also take into consideration that the world sends enough food and aid to these countries, but the aid doesn't make it to the ill, but is used by the governments to trade for champagne, cigars and "feel good" drugs. The counyry sending the aid should stay and see that it is handed directly to those in need!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Can you lay off the photographer please. You known nothing about Kevin Carter or his work and yet you make these statements like you're some authority on what he should or should not have done. Do you know why he walked away? I'm sure you dont so let me fill you in.

Kevin carter was one of the best (if not the best) of the modern war photographers. His work is now crucial to anyone wanting to document the incredibly violent struggles in South Africa for example. He was the first photographer to ever capture a 'necklacing' execution for example, and the only photographer at the time (white or black) with the courage to enter the townships when they were under siege. Many of the iconical photographs of the South African struggles were taken by Kevin Carter.

So why did he walk away from the girl in Sudan? Well, when he received much criticism over the photo and people complained he replied; "You people just don't understand, you only see a small image, if I could show you the full picture you would have seen hundreds more people on their knees and crawling to find help. Which one should I have picked up?"

Before you complain any further about his actions at least read 'The Bang-Bang Club: Snapshots from a Hidden War' by Greg Marinovich and Joao Silva and you will gain a much greater understanding of Kevin Carter and his incredible work.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I think that the people have abandon faith. They have want to far away for god that they dont know how to ask for help

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The desperate sadness is almost overwhelming, and it is no wonder the photographer took his own life, but he was not a "bastard" for leaving when he was in no position to do a thing about the situation without so much red tape the child would have died before the photographer could have helped them.

We need some perspective here. My father was rescuing nightly military targets (street kids) in a certain South American country back in the late 80's and managed to rent a place to use as a home for these children. It did not take the Government long to arrest him, put him on a plane out of there and provide death threats for if he should ever return. So he went to a different country to find very similar problems

The question you ask has much emotive pressure attached to it, which is okay but in order to speak about very different perspectives to provide an answer we need to see these things clearly and not encumbered with emotiveness.

This thing you called God is not a being, it is the aware, creative energy of this universe... please keep reading. It does not do any judging because such activities are only done by things with confined awareness, like us humans, and therefore it only sees this situation from a completely different perspective than we do.

Each soul chooses to have experiences, and this provides 'god' with more information about itself and it's abilities. So, it provides everything that is required for any experience a soul chooses, including the things we humans judge as good or evil, unfair or sad, etc. All events are supported by this 'god' otherwise the events cannot happen at all.

This poor child in Africa was one of billions of souls choosing the experience of abject poverty in order to fulfill it's needs and that of 'god'. While this is incredibly sad for any loving being to see, we cannot always interfere.

Let's reiterate one or two points here as I think I haven't said things well at all in order for more people to get it.......

Nothing happens without the support of 'god', it can't do otherwise. Therefore it has supplied everything needed for our choices to occur.

All things are perfect no matter what we think with our little-minded, blinded by belief-system human perspectives. We just do not see the bigger pictures if we do not have the experience of our own higher awareness.

These sad situations will continue to occur until we (the majority of humanity) makes a choice to stop it being reality. Only then will 'god' adjust it's support and bring a different reality. As an example folks: When you tell god/universe that you need something, it will support your choice and provide you with the experience of Needing. Change the framework and terms of your choice and the outcome will change too.

It is time for us to open our eyes and make the necessary choices now, even if our worldly governments do not support our new choices, we have the numbers and therefore the power to make the changes required. What is needed, water, food, basic health support, etc for this to be less of a problem. Also, the governments of those countries where such things are occuring need to be changed because they are creating the problem just as much as the families having too many kids that cannot be fed.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

if god can use his omnipresence to make a change in YOUR life... why doesn't he do it at least for the kids in third world countries

Even atheists blame God for everything!

Self centred, narrow-minded, opinionated, powerful people cause 100% of the damage this planet and the life on it suffers. Small, petty people with an exaggerated sense of self-worth or destiny are the most cruel, unpredictable, unbelievable creatures on Earth, and possibly anywhere in the cosmos. And no one is exempt from that description.

Don't ask why Gods allow things to happen. Whether there are no gods, even fictional ones, or a pantheon of powerful superconsciousnesses, please stop asking rhetorical questions. Ask instead how you can change the world and shape the future. The answer to that question will answer all the others.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Everyone in this thread is dancing around the answer. It is so obvious. God is in all of us and when we help children like this, God is helping a child like this. God uses us to do his work and when we don't, we look around and ask the question, "Why doesn't God help this child?"
It's time to start looking in the mirror and posing the question to who we see.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The answer is simple God does care about this child and everyone else.

God sent his own son to show us the way to live, then Jesus gave us one last instruction what we call the Great Commission. He say All power has been given onto me Therefore YOU GO and make discipiles, heal the sick, feed the poor, cast out demons.

Jesus feed the 4000 men+women and childern then the 5000 as an example to us. Take what you have and give to others. Yet we refuse.

Let me ask another question when someone prays for the starving children does God magically make food appear or does he put someone with the resources to help in the child's path?

The real question is not what will God do the real question is given the knowledge you have gained from this post what will you do with what God has given you? Will you help or will you take the picture and walk away?

Think about it!

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The body is temporary. Everybody loses it. If God is, period, then the animate soul is immortal and survives the body.

So, in that case, what's the big deal?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join