It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS being attacked by hoaxers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It seems that the sheer size of our ATS community and the variety of subjects that we tackle that there are people out there who make hoaxes just for us. Case in point:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I took particular offense to the first one because his story claimed that he was directed to this site. He came to this site to attempt to play with us, in a shameful way. Our quality members quickly took his story apart into the little hoax that it was. He thought to himself. Hmm some "alien nuts" and then manufactured a hoax. This is a personal attack in my opinion towards the site.

The second one although not made directly for ATS just shows what we as a community are capable of surgically dicing apart any photo or video for truths sake. This is what I believe is great about ATS, and will continue to be so. Thank You.

Some other notable hoaxes:

[edit on 25-5-2008 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Weird...to much time on thier hands.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
ATS has always had, and will probably always have it's share of hoaxers. Not to worry though, the ATS community is pretty darned good at weeding them out, and the mods always do an outstanding job of finding them and taking the required action.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Sensfan is right.Its hard to pull the wool over alot of members here.The most despicable hoax that comes to my mind was a kid claiming to be dying from a rare form of cancer.After a few pages of people saying how sorry they were(some members actually knew he was lying)he admitted he was not dying and insulted everyone who felt bad for him.

Some folks get a jolly out of it I guess.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Why wouldn't hoaxers come here?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
even more hoax here

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I was really a big fan of the "These drawings appeared on my fridge this morning" thread that was locked.

It had everything, a very fun little thread.

Fun creepy thread that was unfortunately locked

Even though it was a hoax, I was enjoying it.

top topics

join