It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have a Hunch...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Well that settles it. The whatever your age is, truly is whatever ten years young is. Such as 30 is the new 20.

alright, I already added you to my friends list.

PS.

2112 is the bees knees. The soliloquy is amazing... La Villa Strangiato is up there too. What is your opinion of Snakes and Arrows?

[edit on 5/27/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
Well that settles it. The whatever your age is, truly is whatever ten years young is. Such as 30 is the new 20.

Then in that case I am................ha.............you thought you had me.

2112 is the bees knees. The soliloquy is amazing... La Villa Strangiato is up there too. What is your opinion of Snakes and Arrows?

Always nice to know another Rush fan! Soliloquy, ahh...love it. It's all good, but for me, pre-80's Rush. My daughter says that I'm musically stuck in the 70's. Gawd, music was good then.

Rush's top five Rush songs:
Twilight Zone
Beneath, Between & Behind
Tears
A Passage to Bangkok (hehe)

...and so many more!

Rush

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112

Then in that case I am................ha.............you thought you had me.

Shucks, I thought I had you then.

My daughter says that I'm musically stuck in the 70's. Gawd, music was good then.

Rush's top five Rush songs:
Twilight Zone
Beneath, Between & Behind
Tears
A Passage to Bangkok (hehe)

...and so many more!

Rush

A Passage to Bangkok

A few more of my favorites are

Closer to the Heart
The Trees
Free will

Are you a Yes fan?

[edit on 5/27/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Not a big 'Yes' fan, my brothers were though.

Rush

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How about that I've Seen All Good People song by 'Yes'?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Styx, Yes, Rush, Kansas, Moody Blues, Boston ..... all good music that I enjoy. A lot of them cause you to think about things. "Free will" and "The Trees" for example. And oh yes, 2112 Lots of thought provoking music there.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Domo arigato Mr. Roboto

I have heard Kansas, but I am not as familiar with them. Boston of course.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Boston always had a very unique sound to them that I've always loved. One strange thing about me and a lot of music (Boston included) is that very often I'll end up ignoreing the lyrics and simply let the music itself paint images for me. "Tales of the topographic ocean" is very typical of what I refer to as "visual" music. One where I ignore the words and paint or make mental videos in my mind. 2112 though is an exception. I've always wanted to create a music video of that album. Although I'm thinking a movie might be more in order.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Man, I love it!! Two fellow Rush lovers in one day. A 2112 video/movie, how awesome would that be? Can I be in it? I'd want a lead role though.

Boston, oh so good. Party, Don't Look Back, A Man I'll Never Be, and so on.

And eye open doors...."I've Seen All Good People" definitely rocks!

Eagles, Bad Company, Steve Miller Band, Thin Lizzy, Nazareth...anyone?

What happened to Scooby Doo?

Rush

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
One strange thing about me and a lot of music (Boston included) is that very often I'll end up ignoreing the lyrics and simply let the music itself paint images for me.

I frequently listen to music with vocals as if the vocals were another instrument. Listening to the cadence. Some music demands that the lyrics are heard though.

Originally posted by Deson2112 though is an exception. I've always wanted to create a music video of that album. Although I'm thinking a movie might be more in order.

A movie would be amazing. Lifeson was an amazing lyricist. I'd be in the movie. Maybe one of the priests of Syrinx.

reply to post by Deson

And eye open doors...."I've Seen All Good People" definitely rocks!

I love that song. It's so positive.

Originally posted by hsur2112Eagles, Bad Company, Steve Miller Band, Thin Lizzy, Nazareth...anyone?

I can't stand the song Love Hurts

Originally posted by hsur2112What happened to Scooby Doo?

Rush

the thread morphed, we can talk about SD too

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What's up fellow Rush lovers.

Originally posted by eye open doors
I'd be in the movie. Maybe one of the priests of Syrinx.

I always thought that it should be the Priestess of Syrinx, but whatever.
Behind every grest priest is an even greater priestess. LOL

Originally posted by Deson
is that very often I'll end up ignoreing the lyrics and simply let the music itself paint images for me.

I'm the same way. It's easy to do in 2112. Man, Peart on the drums. There is no comparison.

Rush

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Perhaps in the 2112 movie, one of the Priests can have his wife or mate pulling his strings.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

LMAO on that one. You are too funny eod.

Rush

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
it would make for great drama. It'd be a chink in the fascist priests armor. perhaps he even enjoys the sound of the electric guitar. You know the notes that fall like rain, and all that. Perhaps this will alienate him.

His wife that is power hungry and upset that she cannot hold a place of power> lacking a place of decision making within the tribe, she does so vicariously through her husband. Perhaps, eventually this priest breaks down and makes the decision to send the solar federation after the one who has found the music of freedom.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

when hubby was a kid living in dundee the tv station took scooby off the air, parents went mad and protested, demo etc, till they got it back on lol!
must have been the only thing to keep the kids quiet i reckon, hubby at 46 still loves it and it still keeps him quiet ha ha!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by craic.n.up

Scooby Doo makes the world go around

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Ah, but the priestess is greedy,she needs it and cannot live without it and convinces the Temple priests not to destroy it. She plays it, it empowers her. With Bytor by her side, the battle begins. Bytor, at long last, is victorious, Snowdog bows
and admits defeat.

SHE has assumed control.
SHE has assumed control.

It's never gonna, never gonna change again.

Rush

[edit on 28-5-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Hsur2112, EOD, with your two kindly permission I have added you two fellow nut jobs to my friends list.

Concerning 2112 as a video,
Originally I started with the idea back when I had a commodore Amiga and planned to create certain scenes using it and it's (advanced for the time) animation capabilitys.

Here is one thing that I envisioned in my head but didn't have the time or skill to make it a reality:

The Song: Temple of Syrinx
I envisioned a stone temple bulding. Trapezoidal in shape with doors to match. The camera zooms in to focus on a wall. There Painted on the wall are pictures of Computers and other equipment in a style somewhat reminiscent of Egyptian style painting. Surrounding the Computers are images of Wireing diagrams that stylisticly reminds one of Medievil manuscripts. The walls are light by flickering torches. Shadows of the priests can be seen moving from right to left. The world has fallen into darkness after our own time.

Just some thoughts.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Nope, I still like my idea better. LOL LOL

Actually, Deson, that's perfect...very well thought out.

Rush

Edit: Of course you have my permission, added you as well.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I've created a new thread so we don't derail EOD's thread any further.

Rush 2112 video concepts

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Deson]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join