It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Of Gravity Revealed - Scientific Experiment Included

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Although I don't exactly completely agree with this theory (and it has yet to be proven beyond sounding like it seems to make sense) but I do find it interesting how little we know about gravity yet how universally accepted gravity is in science....

We refer to gravity as a field which, in a way, implies wave energy which hasn't even been proven itself. But many scientists believe gravity is a particle (A graviton) yet no direct evidence of a graviton has ever been observed either. Graviton theory is basically the alternative to what is largely considered warped space-time caused by general relativity.

Then you have string theory in which the graviton would be a state of strings rather than a "point particle"...

en.wikipedia.org...

My point is that gravity is still a complete unknown and scientifically it is near impossible to prove or disprove anything related to gravity because of how ghostly it is and how it works at the quantum level.

Any theory is as good as any other theory..until they can be proved or disproved.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
www.imdb.com...

images.google.com...

www.spore.com...

[edit on 1-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Gravity is dam near impossible to prove, otherwise, someone would've already done it.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Woke up to a brand new skyline
We licked our wounds and mourn the dead
We swallowed their story hook and sinker
Is that what we meant when we said
That we never would forget?

Or are we fools and cowards all,
to let them cover up their lies?
Because we all watched the buildings fall
Now watch the scales fall from our eyes

A fire burns beneath Manhattan
Still we breathe with broken lungs
But we act like none of this matters
Is that what we meant,
When we said
That we'd always sing what must be sung?

Or are we fools and cowards all,
to let them cover up their lies?
Because we all watched the buildings fall
Now watch the scales fall from our eyes

We want answers;
screamed from the roofs
We want justice
We want the truth

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pak88

I'm currently reading in Discover Magazine about scientists trying to "find the graviton" as it were. It's an extremely interesting article. The secrets of the graviton and how to prove it's existence are very elusive. But some scientists on the forefront are always pushing the envelope (like the guy featured in the discover article).. I'm not finished reading the article yet but his research is pretty amazing.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Ed Leedksalnin
AUTHOR'S PREFACE

Reader, if for any reason you do not like the things I say in this little book, I left just as much space as I used, so you can write your own opinion opposite it and see if you can do better.

The Author

HEY THANKS ED!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Totally agree with your post,it takes peoples minds to come together to answer anything of relevance in this world,bickering back and forth achieves nothing.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

ALLisONE,have you thought of how to maybe apply this theory to FTL travel?

Also,I would love it if you could show me some type of formula you are working on.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
OP & others ...would you please do these experiments:

Magnetise length of wire "steel fishing wire" is apparently the hip choice but it doesn't matter

1. Winding copper wire around steel in a clockwise manner and then connecting to battery ( Car battery is ok but please be careful)

Note polarity lay down N>S

2. Separate object wire

Reverse the terminals of the battery
Same thing ... remember which is what and where it points!!

3. Then repeat both above but wind the copper "charging wire" anti-clockwise!!!

Then report back with stunning observations

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Maybe someone with more knowledge than me already addressed this, but isn't the initial experiment just proving that the electromagnetic field is much stronger than the gravitational field? Yes, the plate was unbalanced vertically, suposedly defying gravity, but it is still hanging from a string!

Besides, in the initial posts I saw many misconceptions stating that the electromagnetic field exerts force over mass, this is not true at all. The EMFs are created by charges and exert force on charges, whatever their mass, that is why wood, which has almost no free electrons/protons/ions/whatever-charge is not affected by EMFs, because all its particles are balanced. Wood falls because of gravity, unless you are suggesting that the Earth has a tremendous magnetic field that can exert force on the few free charges of wood and pull it to ground.

I didn't see any of the videos posted, but I certainly will and add more to this discussion. I may even end agreeing with you, but please take into account that even those people perpetuate misconceptions, even being scientists, because no one is perfect.

One more thing to add, the earth has both gravitational and EM field. we probably cannot attain anti-gravity, but we can exploit the EM field to let us levitate, that is an option. Just as planes and helicopters exploit aerodynamics, and balloons exploit pressure diferences to overcome gravity, the EM field of the earth could be used as well.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Oh my God, the amount of complete scientific ignorance in this thread is impossible to even start with.

So I'll just ask one question.

ALLis0NE, what are your scientific credentials?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Halicarnassus

What do you mean we cannot attain anti-gravity? You have never heard of Dr. Ning Li and her experiments using the concepts promoted by Evgeny Podkletnov?

If you follow that link, you might find one very esteemed Dr. Robert Baker, and Dr. David Noevers, among others, that strongly disagree with you. Not to mention Boyd Bushman, who certainly would have been in a position to know, at least from an R and D perspetive.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

Yeah, and no thanks to you for adding to it.

We've already been through a dozen of people like yourself. Credentials mean nothing, all that matters is the math and the logic behind the physics being presented.

If you have anything else to say besides how stupid everyone is (without providing any evidence of why) then please feel free to add something of importance.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, if I didn't see a little David Hamel in me, I wouldn't of ever looked for truth.

www.world-famous.com...

Look at his hat:

www.world-famous.com...

Time, money, energy, all on a theory?? He had results.

I ordered his videos probably 8 months ago, to obtain everyones opinion.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
LOL

Gravity is testable Moron..

Alot More testable than anyother experiments version of the truth..

IF I CAN SHOW YOU THAT GRAVITY EXISTS WOULD YOU BELIEVE ME???

AND YOU DONT HAVE TOO PAY THE $19.95 TO GET THE AUDIO BOOK..
OR EVEN GO TOO THE SHOW...

LOOK IT UP ON WIKI... COOT!!

[edit on 3-6-2008 by FiveStarCeleb]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
We've already been through a dozen of people like yourself. Credentials mean nothing, all that matters is the math and the logic behind the physics being presented.

It actually does mean a lot because there are a lot of claims. Everything should be judged objectively, but let's cut the crap -- someone who had a PhD in quantum physics is going to hold a lot more weight than someone with a high school diploma. There's simply so much pseudoscience out there and people who are fooled by it.

AllisOne has already shown that he misunderstands many fundamental scientific facts (I mean things that are dead wrong, not even any sort of new "theory") and appears to be bad at applying the scientific method.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Johnmike]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

so how is it that two equal masses of wood and steel have the same weight?

They don't.

And I have to ask.

Wait, what?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

When I said we could not attain anti-gravity, I was thinking about the strict meaning of it, but what you just presented is enough to shut me up, I wasn't aware of such investigation.

"The first thing to understand about Li's device is that it is neither an antigravity machine nor a gravitational shield," says Jonathan Campbell, a scientist at the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center who has worked with Li. "It does not modify gravity, rather it produces a gravity-like field that may be either attractive or repulsive." Li describes her device as a method of generating a never-before-seen force field that acts on matter in a way that is similar to gravity. Since it may be either repulsive or attractive she calls it "AC gravity." "It adds to, or counteracts, or re-directs gravity,"

However, from what I understood in that article (some things are not explained enough in my opinion), it doesn't discard gravity as an existing fundamental force like people are doing in this thread. My main point is that I am not convinced that all the effects of what we call gravity are caused by electromagnetism. My argument is that EMFs exert force upon charges, not masses, and thus there must be two different forces, one stronger than the other, that have the same mathematical behavior but are still dintinct. I think some people in this thread have misconceptions, or probably I am lacking some knowledge and that is why I need to watch carefully the posted videos.

For the people that are skeptical about this subject as I, please explain to me and the others the mistakes in these proposals instead of just insulting.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Here is a way to understand.

When 0ne drop of water connects to an 0ther, in your theory they would share their electrons.......................

What about you? Who do you share your electrons with?

[edit on 3-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This All Reminds Me of The Time I was Forced to go TOO Church School..

They Kept trying to tell me DOGS Dont Have a Soul..

HEY DO THIS:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Put your Hands Together like your praying..

2. Now, Take the Pointer Finger of each hand and pull them apart..

LIKE A 'V'

NOW WATCH AS GOD USES HIS PYCHIC POWERS,,
TOO MAKE THEM GO BACK TOGETHER>>....

THATS KINDA THE SAME THING RIGHT???

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join