It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm SICK of all the America bashing!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Disgustipated

Thank you, i think we are all very nice too! However, America Bashing is attributed to the current government?

O beautiful for spacious skies,
For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties ..... YES
Above the fruited plain!

America! America!
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea!
O beautiful for pilgrim feet ..... ?
Whose stern impassion'd stress
A thoroughfare for freedom beat
Across the wilderness.

America! America!
God mend thine ev'ry flaw, .... Nope
Confirm thy soul in self-control,
Thy liberty in law.

O beautiful for heroes prov'd
In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved, ..... Yes, they are noble
And mercy more than life.

America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness, .... Noble? no
And ev'ry gain divine.

O beautiful for patriot dream
That sees beyond the years
Thine alabaster cities gleam ..... Many tears are being shed
Undimmed by human tears.

America! America!
God shed His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood ...... Brotherhood?
From sea to shining sea.

Yes, ideed, America IS beautiful. Its people, beautiful.

But this currently is NOT the America this beautiful poem was written about.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
You have to remember that America bashing is trendy, and will be for some time. People love to find a scapegoat and blame all of their problems on it. What can be better than blaming the current super power? It lets people feel self-righteous.

A majority of it is a result of the populist movement and peoples deep seated need to find conflict so they can create a dividing line between them and something else. For the majority of people here its, them vs the government, or them vs the corporations. Its not a real battle, but an illusionary one people want to believe in because it makes them feel a part of something bigger, and they can sit on their perch and preach self-righteously about how everyone who doesn't agree with their illusionary battle is wrong.

And to them, I say: Enjoy your delusions!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Are you sure this thread shouldn't say: America GOVERNMENT Bashing?

I watch a lot of documentaries - foreign news shows - talk shows etc.

Seems to me most people - Around the World - find American People friendly and quite generous (excluding the "ugly American tourist type).

We (as in Americans) - - seem to have very strong opinions about governments other then our own. Is that OK?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have not read every post in this thread.
I do agree with what its about.
I do also however want to say, that as a member of this forum for quite some time, the America bashing that is going on now, is far less intense then it was in times past.
Yes I am sick of also, but I am also use to it, and expect it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
IMO 99% of the time when people bash America it is really the NWO that they are bashing. When you bash, it's important to differentiate between the American people, and the elites who control things. The average Joe on the street type guy has the same concerns as anyone: feeding family, paying bills, saving for retirement.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
To turn an overused phrase.....

If you don't like the way things are done on ATS then you can get out!!

(This is an adaptation of "If you don't like the US then you can get out!!" saying.)

Now do you see why it's so aggravating?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Of course we are bashing the NWO precipitated by Bush & Cheney- we are
not Bashing our country!

The OP knows it, and has twisted it all around to pretend nothing is wrong and we're just a bunch of mal contents. This is not true at all. The government is supposed to work for us, on our behalf, our freedoms, our safety. This is how its been in the US for hundreds of years. Are we all supposed to be happy as hell that its not that way anymore?
WE are supposed to have a voice, like voting
of course, WE all know the scoop on votes, dont we? We dont even count there-

You can defend our country, you can love your country as I do,but you cannot be blind, because its this blindness that is and will continue to be our undoing.

Rah! Rah! Rah!

[edit on 27-5-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

The OP knows it, and has twisted it all around to pretend nothing is wrong and we're just a bunch of mal contents.

No,thats not what I'm doing at all!The whole point is quite bashing America,if you think something is wrong than do something about it,rather than talk about it on a website!!Seriously what proof do you have of a 'NWO',none.....exactly.I'm sure there is certain factions within the US that want their own agenda,but as far as a 'nationwide conspiracy'to overthrow a Democratic government?Come on............I'm not saying it isn't possible,just not likelyat all.

Also,lets keep in mind that 'NWO'means New World Order,so if you believe in that than it is only logical to assume that other countries.ie;Britain,France,China,Russia,etc are in on it too.So don't contradict yourselfs by blaming only the US,which is done 99% of the time here on "ATS/BTS"and other sites.

Really what is so terribly wrong?Yea there are issues,but it's not like there hasn't been issue in the years before,all the 'NWO' is IMO is a new age 'Techno myth'.If there was an internet and technology like there is today in say.....1866-1900 I guarantee there would have been people claiming a 'NWO'.The problems today arn't nearly as bad as in the past.Some examples;Reconstruction after the Civil War,the Southern Economic Crisis of the late 1800's,'Big Business Corruptiontof the late 1800's,the 'Red Scare' of the World War One Era,the Great Depression,the 'Cold War,the Vietnam War,etc,etc....

Lets not forget the 'Imperialism'stance of Teddy Roosevelt in the early 1900's either(The Roosevelt Corrolary of 1904)

[edit on 6/3/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Just get used to it; there is going to be more america bashing everyday; you guys think you can steal a country, strart illegal wars , do experiments on unknowing subjects, destroy the indians and their culture, pollute the world, detroy the worlds economy, sell arms , have a eugenicist elite and such without getting the logical resistance?
Maybe you americans will stop being bashed when you stop being such terrible people and vote for terrible governments...

Your government has a history of upsetting the world's stability for the sake of the multi-national corporations (who owe no allegiance to any cause, country or belief.) for the benefit of none but the elite.
Ofcourse I know that america is not the only country who does that, but it is the country with the most of it, and ofcourse, having such an high profile as the states have, I believe the bashing will never cease.
I, for one, will never cease, as lomg as the atrocities are committed.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
IMO 99% of the time when people bash America it is really the NWO that they are bashing. When you bash, it's important to differentiate between the American people, and the elites who control things. The average Joe on the street type guy has the same concerns as anyone: feeding family, paying bills, saving for retirement.

Yeh, but the average Joe has been found lacking in standing up to government. Its all the average joes who vote for their slavers. Its the average joes who go on supporting the elite, in the hope of catching some crumbs from the elite's richly-decked table. As long as the average american joe is willfully preserving his slavery, i will bash the average joe.

It is quite a step to stop being a slave and it is quite a step to stop being average, but the alternative is quite a leap...into global slavery.
Guilty or not; the average american joe is supporting the guilty parties; defending them even with verve!
Which makes the average american joe culpable...
Dont get me wrong; the average dutch joe (or Jan, more likely), the average english joe, the average french joe etcetera are as culpable as American Joe, but the wars and 'police actions' and bully-tactics are the most prominent, the most pronounced in the United Stains of America.
There are as yet no prison camps in europe. No guantanamo bay.
And if we, as people of the world, do not resist, we will have them everywhere. There is an elite in the world that desperately needs being ousted and killed. And not be replaced by a system of new elite, but replaced by nothing.
People need no government; thats a lie of the past.
Government needs people...without us they do not rule; the power is and always has been in the hands of the recipients of government.
The average Joes, in other words...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join