It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm SICK of all the America bashing!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Okay..........I already know where this thread will end up-with me getting flamed and ridiculed,especially by Europeans(British especially).But I don't care,I hardley ever come to BTS,as I stay in ATS-some of you may know me,I dunno.But I am glad I came here and "discovered"this "rant"forum(as I am still kinda new to ATS/BTS).

But to the point-
I am ABSOULUTLY SICK and TIRED of everyone bashing America,or blaming us for ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!

There are countless threads on ATS that could be from anything from HARRP to "Iran has nukes",and guess what?America is always IN SOME WAY(however absurd)responsible for something bad.

This is getting old,YES we have our problems,YES as the world power I should expect us to be criticsized,YES we may get into wars we shouldn't-BUT can ANY other MAJOR country say they havn't??

Just get off of the "America the evil empire"bandwagon and take care of your own issues,LET US worr about ours.If you live here and bash the US,maybe you should think about leaving and going to another country.

Look,I didn't vote for Bush, don't like him either,but GAWD,lay off-you can only beat a dead horse so much.

It is just SOOOOOO ridiculous some of the things we(USA) get blamed for,lol-we caused the tsunami,the Asian quakes,we are ran by NAZIs,we are secretly planning to rule the world,etc,etc.

Then of course we have those who like to say "we are weak",or we"will soon collapse",or "we could't beat Iran in a war"..........whatever,think what you want.

Im not saying AT ALL that the US is perfect,it's not,not by far-but it is the greatest country this planet has ever seen,and STILL a shining "beacon of hope"for all to see and share.

Well now I'll prepare for my flamming,lol,but I said what I wanted to,and feel much better now.Enjoy.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
AMEN jkrog! I totally agree with this rant!

I am so sick of everyone around the world bashing us. They claim to be only bashing our government but they are bashing us as a people as well.

Yet I love how they take all of our foreign aid. They are like the so-called friend who you loan money to and you never see them again and find out they are bashing you when you did them a favor!

We hate you but keep sending your billions in aid, thank you very much, and by the way go flock yourself on your way out.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Haha,great post(starred),I love your comparison,lol.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If you're sick of this America bashing, tell your government to stop performing covert ops that import drugs into their own country for profit. Tell them to stop looking the other way when their soldiers commit human rights violations.

Nothing to do with America bashing. It's got everything to do with the US bashing the hell out of other countries for much of it's history.
academic.evergreen.edu...

Here's a list of military 'interventions' initiated by the US govt in the past 120 years. There hasn't been one year that the US hasn't stuck its nose in other people's business.

Can you blame foreign countries for criticizing us?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
So our goverments action gives you the right to trash all US citizens?

All it is is a totally biased and unrealistic attitude to take,how many times did Britain "stick its nose in other countries affairs?"

EDIT to add:Whether you want to admit it or not,the world is a better place BECAUSE of US interference,could you imagine what the world would be like without the United States here to balance the power,you would be speaking Russian,Chinese,or German.......take your pick,as you would prolly' be speaking all three at some point and time as one nation would "oust"the other.

It's like this:Ever since the begining of modern civilization there has been some "world superpower",rather it be Egypt,Greece,Rome,England,or now the US,and all kept world order,no matter of all the other things they might have done that were wrong,because of their presence the world mainained order.

[edit on 5/26/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

No kidding. Legitimate criticism is one thing (and the US deserves its fair share), but the overall level of stupidity and ignorance of the 'Blame-America-for-Everything' crowd around here has gone completely overboard. I've long said that if there's a problem with this site, it is the complete lack of objectivity and reason among a decent portion of the posters. The worst part is that far too often, these idiotic anti-US rants have no place in the topic being discussed and completely derail an otherwise constructive conversation. More often than not, they simply repeat the same damn thing in every post and they all parrot each other as well.

And as you say, the great irony is that probably 80% of the time, the pot is calling the kettle black. Most of them live in countries that have been guilty of the same things as the US in the fairly recent past, and many times, the posters themselves exhibit the EXACT same traits that they accuse the American people of displaying.

Of course, its that way on any message board. The idiots always ruin it for everyone. There's a lot of good information on ATS. Its just that you have to weed through far too many trolls and clueless morons to find it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
So our goverments action gives you the right to trash all US citizens?

A government by the people....
Think about this please.

All it is is a totally biased and unrealistic attitude to take,how many times did Britain "stick its nose in other countries affairs?"

Not a doubt, are you suggesting that we begin a bunch of British bashing threads to make it better? And from the comfort of your chair you're sitting in, the attitude towards America is extremely realistic, and while I will give you biased, do you really think that is due to the "jealousy of our freedoms" or because we get involved in everything we can without giving a crap about any other country?

EDIT to add:Whether you want to admit it or not,the world is a better place BECAUSE of US interference,could you imagine what the world would be like without the United States here to balance the power,you would be speaking Russian,Chinese,or German.......take your pick,as you would prolly' be speaking all three at some point and time as one nation would "oust"the other.

So the world is a better place because one country decided to hold the power over others instead of another country doing the exact same thing? I don't believe you are seeing the bigger picture here.

It's like this:Ever since the begining of modern civilization there has been some "world superpower",rather it be Egypt,Greece,Rome,England,or now the US,and all kept world order,no matter of all the other things they might have done that were wrong,because of their presence the world mainained order.

That must be why the whole world loves us oh so dearly!

You want our country to stop getting all the negative press its getting? Then realize that our country was founded on the people being the government, and stop trying to make a separation between the two when there should be none in the first place. As long as our country meddles in every damn foreign affair it can stick its grubby hands into, you are going to see negative press.

Amazing how we are so quick to criticize any other government that wants to push their ideas, while we can sit back complacently as our own does exactly the same thing if not worse.

A country that truly worked to do good is a real superpower. The rest is just bigger bombs and bigger banks.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I don't know. I live in America and from what I can tell, the citizens have been so preoccupied with keeping up with the Jones' and who is in the lead of NASCAR points that they have allowed their government to do whatever it sees fit.

To the average American, politics means voting for the one of the ONLY TWO candidates shown on MSM that promises to give you the most candy canes.

I realize next you will claim that I am probably guilty of this as well, but you'd be wrong. In order to keep your government under the control of the people requires a group effort. Unfortunately, the majority of American's have become complacent because - well - there is just too many more important things they have to think about than the suffering of the rest of the world at their governments hands.

Want me to move elsewhere? Fine, mail me a plane ticket to New Zealand.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

So our government's action gives you the right to trash all US citizens?

A government by the people.... Think about this please.

Okay,you are taking the phrase out of context.That in NO WAY suggests or means that EVERYONE that lives in the US makes the desicions.Only a group of individuals IN THE GOVERNING BODY do that.Yes,they were voted for,but that was then,just becase someone at ONE TIME was voted for and approved of does NOT mean that everybody in the US RIGHT NOW agrees or condones the actions of the governing body.Again,also it is quite funny and hypocritical for all these other countries to 'bash' the US,when at the same time they ARE RECIEVING AID FROM US IN THE BILIONS OF DOLLARS!I'm sure our economy would be much better if we didn't waste our own money trying to help other,less fortunate countries.

Not a doubt, are you suggesting that we begin a bunch of British bashing threads to make it better? And from the comfort of your chair you're sitting in, the attitude towards America is extremely realistic, and while I will give you biased, do you really think that is due to the "jealousy of our freedoms" or because we get involved in everything we can without giving a crap about any other country?

I never said to "begin a British bashing thread",and your right-I am sitting in the comfort of my chair,as are you,without fear of unwarranted persecution from a tyrannical governing body.So yea I'm sure some countries are jealous of our freedoms,if they arn't,than why does everyone always immigrate to the US?We don't give a 'crap'about other countries?Then let me ask you this;Why do we spend so much money on foreign aid and so much money rebuilding places we were at war with?Example:Japan after WW2,Europe after WW2,Iraq,Afghanistan,etc.

So the world is a better place because one country decided to hold the power over others instead of another country doing the exact same thing? I don't believe you are seeing the bigger picture here.

I don't think YOU are getting the picture,your bias is getting in the way of obvious logic and critical thinking.Again,the world is a better place because when you have a single super power it creates a "global checks and balance system".It allows for order in the world,so you don't have multiple 'rouge'countries waring continuously with eachother for control of land and to institute a detrimental belief system that is opposed by others.Democracy IS NOT opposed by ANYONE in the FREE world,except ofcourse Communist.So yea it is better that this particular world power(USA)is of a free and Democratic nature and not oppressive and tyrranical.We only "force"our beliefs on others if it is wanted or obliviously nessicary,the world is a MUCH better place with Democracy rather than with Communism.

It's like this:Ever since the beginning of modern civilization there has been some "world superpower",rather it be Egypt,Greece,Rome,England,or now the US,and all kept world order,no matter of all the other things they might have done that were wrong,because of their presence the world maintained order.

That must be why the whole world loves us oh so dearly!

You want our country to stop getting all the negative press its getting? Then realize that our country was founded on the people being the government, and stop trying to make a separation between the two when there should be none in the first place. As long as our country meddles in every damn foreign affair it can stick its grubby hands into, you are going to see negative press.

Amazing how we are so quick to criticize any other government that wants to push their ideas, while we can sit back complacently as our own does exactly the same thing if not worse.

A country that truly worked to do good is a real superpower. The rest is just bigger bombs and bigger banks.

We DO work to do good,not to take over land or to persicute.Again,the seperation you are talking about does not exsist,the people ARE the government,they are ELECTED CITIZENS,so they ARE the people.But that does not mean they should ALWAYS do what the general population wants,that is why we ELECT them,because we have the faith that they can make the best,unbiased decisions for our country,sometimes they don't,but most of the time they do.It has to be like this,you have to have an elected decision making body(a small portion of the population),as if every decision we made had to be voted on by the entire nation we would get nothing done and emotional bias of the general(and untrained in politics) public would interfear.You HAVE to have a group with the ability to make a final say in a countries affairs.If not we would sit here like this bickering back and forth,while in the mean time another country is marching on our soil.Again,you MUST have a body of governing individuals with an ABSOLUTE say or power to make decisions.Let the other countries say sh*t,but in the long run most of what we do is for the good and betterment of the planet.Yes we criticize other countries THAT OPPRESS FREEDOM,and we SHOULD.If our country didn't "Meddle its grubby hands in foreign affairs"you would probably be speaking German,Russian,or Chinese and be killed or jailed for what your doing now-speaking out negativity against our government.If you don't like it move to China or Russia and talk like this,and I bet you will be begging to come back to this "grubby"country,if your not already dead or jailed indefinitely.

:shk:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Holy cow!

Are you aware of what is going on in this country?

:shk:

Wow!

SR

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Now you know what the Russians felt like during the Cold War

Na really though every country gets bashed like this pretty much every few years it's a cycle. China will be next or something.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yea,I hope so.........I'm sick of everyone,even our OWN citizens(although that's more acceptable since they actually live here)bashing us.What really ticks me of is the other countries that bash the US,but still HAPPILY and GREEDLY take OUR AID.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is my point of view on United States and why they they get "Bashed" so often. I am Canadian and proud to be, and I have had the pleasure to meet many wonderful people from the states. Of all the ones I have met the ones that you remember the most are the arrogant overly patriotic(I'll give my experience later) Americans that leave the negative image for the population in general.
My example is I was doing a service call to set up a new computer for a Pastor, he was not present, so I set it up for his wife. This was around the time of the last US election where we got on the topic of the election. I stated that it was a shame that both candidates didn't seem to offer what the states really needed as a leader. At that point she told me that she grew up in Bush's home town and that he is the best thing for the US ever. She concluded her conversation with no one likes us Americans so why should we care what they think. At this point I change the topic as she was a customer and I obviously hit a nerve. I never intended to offend, only offering my opinion on the Presidential candidates to start a conversation.

I have met other arrogant Americans over the years, but for every bad experience I have met hundreds of the most pleasant people. My point to the matter is that negative experiences are always the first thing to come to mind . When it comes to the country itself, the same thing applies. You could help every needy child in the world, but the bomb that killed the inocent family, or the bully representatives that threaten countries or groups of people, will always be the image that people remember.
We are a planet that focuses on all the negative things that happen, magnified by MSM to the point where we miss all the good that is being done.

But I guess happy news doesn't sell, so there goes your image from improving.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by airteck

Thanks for your input(starred),I agree with you,but there is also 'arrogant'Canadians,British,French,etc.But that lady was just arrogant and ignorant,and I am sorry you had the displeasure and unfortunate experience to meet her,she is what gives the US a bad name,she is(was)totally bias due to the fact that she was from Bush's hometown.I promise you that that IS NOT the view of over 90% of Americans.It just
me to even hear of this "arrogant pigs" comments,I bet she was fat(lol),no but really you did good restraining yourself(as she was a customer),I might not have been able to "hold my tongue".She lived in Canada you say?Good you can have her,lol.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
All countries have the same problems. The biggest difference..... who has the most global media coverage in the world?

The US of A....... and you think that foriegn media are going to choose from any of the happy stories to play in their highlights of America?

[edit on 26-5-2008 by airteck]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Have you ever thought about how much material USA gives the rest of the world to work with?

Hey we need the Yanks.. Who else would we pick on if you guys weren't there

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Okay,you are taking the phrase out of context.That in NO WAY suggests or means that EVERYONE that lives in the US makes the desicions.Only a group of individuals IN THE GOVERNING BODY do that.Yes,they were voted for,but that was then,just becase someone at ONE TIME was voted for and approved of does NOT mean that everybody in the US RIGHT NOW agrees or condones the actions of the governing body.

When they no longer serve the interests of the general populace, they can be taken out of office. It really is that simple. Excuses are only laziness.

Again,also it is quite funny and hypocritical for all these other countries to 'bash' the US,when at the same time they ARE RECIEVING AID FROM US IN THE BILIONS OF DOLLARS!I'm sure our economy would be much better if we didn't waste our own money trying to help other,less fortunate countries.

Our economy would be a lot better if we didn't cause a lot of problems around the world for a lot of countries. You do realize that parts of our government have participated in the subversion of a good number of governments causing problems that we are giving aid to fix? Or is it that since we bought them off, they should keep mum and lose their right to an opinion?

I never said to "begin a British bashing thread",and your right-I am sitting in the comfort of my chair,as are you,without fear of unwarranted persecution from a tyrannical governing body.

That's assuming a lot.
The Real Life 'Ministry of Love' Is Being Built Without fear, yes. Very concerned, yes. I simply do not fear such things, my life can reach its completion at any time with no regrets. I enjoy each day as it comes to me.

So yea I'm sure some countries are jealous of our freedoms,if they arn't,than why does everyone always immigrate to the US?

Would it be taking it too far to suggest that it helps that we don't bomb our own citizens (well if we are to take the Official Stories) like we do people in some of their countries. Also they get services in this country that people like myself are ineligible for.

We don't give a 'crap'about other countries?Then let me ask you this;Why do we spend so much money on foreign aid and so much money rebuilding places we were at war with?Example:Japan after WW2,Europe after WW2,Iraq,Afghanistan,etc.

Do you really need to ask that question? That is easy! If we spend that much money on those events, we retain that much power. That's what it is all about apparently anyway, no?

I don't think YOU are getting the picture,your bias is getting in the way of obvious logic and critical thinking.

Now that is not very fair to say if you are going to allow your unwavering love of all things American, good or bad, to get in the way of your critical thinking and obvious logic.

Again,the world is a better place because when you have a single super power it creates a "global checks and balance system".

You're absolutely right. Do what we say or we invade your country and kill your brothers. Checks and balances...

It allows for order in the world,so you don't have multiple 'rouge'countries waring continuously with eachother for control of land and to institute a detrimental belief system that is opposed by others.

What planet is this? Earth is far different, I promise.

Democracy IS NOT opposed by ANYONE in the FREE world,except ofcourse Communist.

Most countries don't oppose Democracy, I believe, what they oppose is a Capitalistic society that does not recognize a world beyond its own borders unless it has self serving interests.

So yea it is better that this particular world power(USA)is of a free and Democratic nature and not oppressive and tyrranical.We only "force"our beliefs on others if it is wanted or obliviously nessicary,the world is a MUCH better place with Democracy rather than with Communism.

Who are we to say what is obliviously necessary for the rest of the world? You can sit there and honestly believe that unilateral decision-making should be made by the US for the rest of the world?!?

We DO work to do good,not to take over land or to persicute.

*whistles*

Again,the seperation you are talking about does not exsist,the people ARE the government,they are ELECTED CITIZENS,so they ARE the people.But that does not mean they should ALWAYS do what the general population wants,that is why we ELECT them,because we have the faith that they can make the best,unbiased decisions for our country,sometimes they don't,but most of the time they do.

Um... actually they are supposed to ALWAYS do what the general consensus of the population wants. You have faith that the people we elect, that spend 90% of their campaigns arguing over democrat vs. republican values are unbiased? Wow. Just wow. Really... wow.

It has to be like this,you have to have an elected decision making body(a small portion of the population),as if every decision we made had to be voted on by the entire nation we would get nothing done and emotional bias of the general(and untrained in politics) public would interfear.You HAVE to have a group with the ability to make a final say in a countries affairs.

Can you point me in the direction of these politicians that work solely for the betterment of America?

*Drum roll please...*

If our country didn't "Meddle its grubby hands in foreign affairs"you would probably be speaking German,Russian,or Chinese and be killed or jailed for what your doing now-speaking out negativity against our government.If you don't like it move to China or Russia and talk like this,and I bet you will be begging to come back to this "grubby"country,if your not already dead or jailed indefinitely.

Bingo!

That's the key, when you can't cogently express an argument, you can always fall back on the good old "if you don't like it go somewhere else."

I love America. Every bit of soil in it I love, I would say most of the people, though dumbed and distracted by American Idol as they are, can be wonderful people when they remember to be. If I didn't love America, I wouldn't bother debating where I believe our government has gone astray.

What I don't love is a foreign policy that is nothing more than a schoolyard bully on a giant playground. Democracy is not found at the end of the barrel of a gun.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Amen Star+Flag

Im irish and i think the USA is one of the most amazing countrys in the world
Yes the goverment is not particularly the best
But i look at all these idoits bash america when they know nothing about the place , now me i know nothing about america and i didnt really like it i as 'on the band wagon' you might say but then i went over there and saw what it was really like
All the people are very nice , very helpfull and kind
I had loads of conversations with random strangers waiting for a bus, in line for somthing , in the airport etc... and trust me in britan and most of europe you couldnt even look somone in the eye in fear they might start somthing (fight)
I look at all this bashing and imagine if it was my country they were tlaking about (ireland) and im surprised americans dont act ALOT more angry cause i would

God bless america

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Disgustipated

Starred my friend,GREAT post and on behalf of the United States of America let me say"Welcome to our country,glad to have you here!"You show more patriotism than some natural born citizens(you all know who I'm talking about)God bless you Sir!

ps:I've added you as a friend by the way!

EDIT to add:Awesome avatar!!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I pay my taxes.

I proudly put in my 4 years in the USAF.

I own businesses and hire Americans!

It's not bashing when you tell the truth about a once proud country where elections meant something turn into a corporate oligarchy that has no regard for its citizens other than as taxpayers, consumers and cannon fodder for the corporations to further their agenda of greed and blood.
Chumps!!

The elites just laugh at the trailer trash with the flags made in China, proudly flying from the radio antenna of a Toyota.

Perhaps in the past it was about flag waving, parades, mom and apple pie.

not anymore!!

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!

Schools out!

[edit on 26-5-2008 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join