It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Jones......UFO disclosure?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
What does the Nephilim have to do with alien disclosure?Its only found in the bible and in christian belief.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread...but is anyone unaware that spielberg is creating a ufo website due to premiere this summer?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hollywood super producer Steven Spielberg is preparing to launch a new social network, we’ve heard from multiple sources. The focus will be on users who’ve had or who are interested in sharing paranormal and extraterrestrial experiences. The new social network may also have original video content investigating alleged ghost and UFO stories.

Spielberg has always had a love for ghost and UFO stories. His movies include Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977), Poltergeist (1982), E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial (1982), Casper (1995), Men in Black (1997), The Haunting (1999), War of the Worlds (2005) and the upcoming Interstellar (2009). His first movie, at 16, was a 140-minute science fiction adventure called Firelight (which later inspired Close Encounters). Add to those titles a score of other sci-fi movies.

Spielberg has apparently had at least one paranormal experience himself. There are stories of him staying in a hotel called Excelsior House and being so frightened by ghosts that he fled the room and moved 20 miles away. We’ve also heard anecdotes about Spielberg seeing the ghost of a dead relative repeatedly as a child. Whether based in reality or the product of an exceptional imagination, these experiences may have had an impact on his life’s work and this upcoming social network.

The project may have originally been associated with Yahoo but the project was killed off before launch. But if our sources are right, the idea has lived on and a team in Los Angeles is working to launch it in the next few months.
Steven Spielberg’s Ghost Town
[edit on 28-5-2008 by alienstar]

[edit on 28-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Wow, I never heard of that!

Thanks for sharing....

Any links?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Thanks for the information.....

That was a lot of typing

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I am Happy to find Iam not alone on thinking that this Movie was a Set Up.

We are all getting Programed to except the Lie coming with so called
Disclosurer. We are Once again being BRAIN WASHED to believe that ET is a Friend.

We are Living in the Last Days/ and Celestrial Activity is a SIGN that the END is near.

morning-star.com...

The Message was sent to us from another diminsion thousands of years ago telling us

Rev 12:12 Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the
inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great
wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the
Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the
earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto
the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

We are Living in Perilous Times. morning-star.com...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Steven Spielberg's Ghost/UFO Social Network To Be Called The Rising

www.washingtonpost.com...

and yo... in the beginning of the movie.. when Indiana jones is searching that case.. you can see they enter a big hall and look the number at the entrace gate: 51

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
When i saw the alien cut out of the bag marked Roswell, then the skull that turned into an alien and left in a UFO, I thought it all added up to yet another propoganda film preparing us for exposure to aliens. What better way than through an Indiana Jones movie? Who doesn't watch these in the world?
Spielberg is on the payroll.
Good post OP. I support your theory.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceweaver
When i saw the alien cut out of the bag marked Roswell, then the skull that turned into an alien and left in a UFO, I thought it all added up to yet another propoganda film preparing us for exposure to aliens. What better way than through an Indiana Jones movie? Who doesn't watch these in the world?
Spielberg is on the payroll.
Good post OP. I support your theory.

Yes, because no one can make a movie about aliens, use their imagination, including concepts and names that have been known throughout the mainstream American public, without there being an ulterior motive or without being feed the information from the evil conspiracy.

This is just dumb. Do you also think that it's disclosure of man-eating giant ants in the Amazon, psychic Soviet spies operating in the US, and that there really is a Marshall College in Connecticut?

Let me ask you a question. Say tomorrow I write a long, fictional story in this thread, involving UFOs and martians. Will you then think it is propaganda from the "conspiracy?"

[edit on 30-5-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I saw the movie.. thought it was very good, but not his best.

I could watch ALL the Indy movies over and over again (incl TOD).

Disclosure? I don't think so

More like it just fits. Were talking about The Crystal Skulls, that if actually existed ( in ancient form, not attempted hoaxes) would be one of the top ten mysteries of all time (with exclusion of what I ate for supper last night
).

What better way to cover the mystery then using the already existing mystery of UFOs, which has developed a mass following over the past decades.

I think people are reading way more into the movie then the entertainment aspect enlists.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
what's interesting is that Speilberg and Ford rejected the ufo/alien script back in 1989 when it was written by Lucas. Took em until 2004 I think to finally agree on the script. What caused them to agree? perhaps they found out some truth about the real life crystal skulls and are trying to raise awareness.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by curiousbeliever

Thats interesting!

In 1989 there was a huge UFO sighting in Russia ufos.about.com...

Maybe that inspired him...

2004 Mexican UFO incident
en.wikipedia.org...

It just fits in too perfectly for my taste. I like to look beyond the obvious most of the time. Im not saying I am right, I just dont feel like this is the same as the rest of the movies.....

I think there is a hidden message!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
It just fits in too perfectly for my taste. I like to look beyond the obvious most of the time. Im not saying I am right, I just dont feel like this is the same as the rest of the movies.....

I think there is a hidden message!

I think you're right!

This morning, I found the letters "U," "F" and "O" in my Alpha-Bits cereal! Obviously, the powers that be are trying to send a message!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Why would a director of a movie know anything about the government setting up to disclose alien and ufo information?How is he any different then you and me?He dont have any top security clearance to nada.Just because i watch those mars candy bars commericals,that dont mean they are referring to life on mars.
Sorry but nope.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Thanks for the sarcasm, but, you could have left it elsewhere

Please refrain from posting crap!

Keep your nice words to yourself from now on mate!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Everyone needs to take a nice cold drink of ...em ...tea... yeah, tea, and chill out. Stop slapping each other for expressing opinions, and keep the opinions focused on the topic.

OK? 'Nuff said?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Thanks for the sarcasm, but, you could have left it elsewhere

Please refrain from posting crap!

Keep your nice words to yourself from now on mate!

See, there you've gone and made the rookie mistake of telling to shut up. Do you think I'm actually going to do that, or do you think I'm just going to talk more?

By crap, I guess you mean unsubstantiated theories that big-time Hollywood movies are disclosure about UFOs, and can't possibly be informed by imagination and pop-culture.

I am using sarcasm and absurdity to illustrate the absurd.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I don't see much point to arguing this topic at all.

Basically the people that want to believe disclosure is just around the corner are always going to use something like this as "evidence". Meanwhile the rest of us jaded, cynical ones are going to roll our eyes and not hold our breath. Most people already have their minds made up and any further insistence on these opinions is just pointless internet banter.

But even though I think this movie is just than another addition to Spielberg's well known soft spot for such things, I will say this:

Anything that brings these issues to the mainstream (be it consciously or by coincidence) is a good thing. I don't think this movie simply regurgitated well known cliches about Roswell and ancient astronauts. It made connections between the two that might open some peoples minds and make them think "Hey - maybe there's something to this stuff?" instead of just passively dismissing them as well known cliches.

Furthermore, it touched on the connections between crystal skulls (which ARE a real archaeological phenomenon - see: Mitchell-Hedges skull) and their supposed psychic/other-wordly attributes.

These are not well known myths - I'd bet that some people who consider themselves hardcore UFO nerds aren't even aware of them. And it's definitely managed to raise some real-world interest in the topic - just last night there was a documentary aired on Discovery about "The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls".

So yeah, I personally don't think the movie was any sort of conscious effort to "prepare" us for public disclosure - but I still think it helps push some of the more "unconscious" masses in a direction where they can discover their own disclosure.

Anything that throws these topics into the mainstream is a good thing, and instead of just sitting around arguing with each other whether this means some UFO-disclosure messiah is about to come do all the work for us - we should seize the day and use stuff like this to encourage our more passive friends and peers to delve a little deeper into the topic themselves.

Strike while the topic is hot!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

unfortunately it seems the crystal skulls are fake news.bbc.co.uk...

if some people think the latest indiana jones movie is a sign of disclosure they must have been crapping their pants when Independance day came out

[edit on 2-6-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Yeah, and they base that opinion on the fact they were made with tools not available to pre-Western cultures - which happens to be the same argument used by people who believe they have an extra-terrestrial origin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join