It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on these Mars photos?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Just looking for some feedback on these images. The photos were cropped from a shot of Nepenthes Mensae (a river delta on Mars) taken by the ESA on January 22nd, 2008.

In the original image (titled Nepenthes Mensae), which can be still be found on the ESA website, I noted several other oddities. Might be worth a look.

The original can be found at ESA.int in the Mars Express image gallery. Search for "Nepenthes Mensae" for the standard image and "Nepenthes Mensae, colour-coded elevation model" for the evaluation model.

Zoom is your friend here.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Also, just to throw this bit of speculation out there - the mouth on that thing kind of remindes me of the mouth area of Datas Head (Always thought it looked more like a sort of environmental helmet), reportedly photographed by the apollo 17 crew. It has sort of a protruding, fishlike quality to it.

I'm not sure if that photograph has been shot down or not but if not I found that interesting.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Anthem]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anthem
Just looking for some feedback on these images. The photos were cropped from a shot of Nepenthes Mensae (a river delta on Mars) taken by the ESA on January 22nd, 2008.

In the original image (titled Nepenthes Mensae), which can be still be found on the ESA website, I noted several other oddities. Might be worth a look.

The original can be found at ESA.int in the Mars Express image gallery. Search for "Nepenthes Mensae" for the standard image and "Nepenthes Mensae, colour-coded elevation model" for the evaluation model.

Zoom is your friend here.

Hi Anthem, very interesting face but what is even more interesting is the small male humanoid detailed face with a beard just to the right of the second eye of the face you pointed out. I will designate this as face L 3 in other words, the letter L and the number 3 is etched into the headdress and when you scan right of your 2nd eye you will run into the beard of the male figure. Rik Riley

[edit on 25-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I dunno',seems more likely they are natural formations.I am in no way saying there isn't alien artifacts on Mars,just that those prolly' arn't one of them.Star and Flagged,good post though.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
They are plain rocks.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hello.

I have a website exploring the latest Mars Express images of
Nepenthes Mensae, Hebes Chasma, and Cydonia regions.

www.marsesa.9f.com...

Please take a visit and view all images.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Looks 100% natural to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Datas head...

Yes thats what that face like area looks like. Thanks for that it was niggling my memory trying to place it.

Maybe an old river side palace area like ancient greece ? you know full of statues / carved rock formations ala eygpt ?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The of most interest, looks like a monkey.

Sand and wind sure can erode rocks in a strange way.

Roper

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hello.

I have a website exploring the latest images of Nepenthes Mensae,
Hebes Chasma, and Cydonia regions.

*SNIP* (Advertising Prohibited.)*

View all images...Especially of Nepenthes and Hebes Chasma regions.

Thanks.

Please read here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 16-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
i suppose rocks and what ever else is down there have taken on some odd shapes

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sand is just as bad if not worse than artifacts underwater. Acts like natures sand paper machine.

When we do find remains and buildings they will be in aeons of disrepair remember that !

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I HAVE SOMETHING AMAZING FOR YOU ALL TO LOOK AT MAGNIFY AREAS IN HEBES CHASM FROM ESAS WEBSITE OK I HAVE DISCOVERED WHAT LOOKS LIKE 2 MEN FISHING. STARFISH OR WHAT LOOKS LIKE IT A GREEN ALIEN ON TOP PERCHED ON A ROCK. SEA ANEOME OR WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE GLASS TUBES ON RIGHT. A TENT WITH ROPE BEHIND IT WITH WHAT LOOKS LIKE A FAN IN FRONT POSSIBLY COVERING UP STUFF OR UNDERWATER POWER PLANT TYPE THINGS. ALSO DAMS WATER COMING FROM TOP OF THE MESA WHICH COULD BE EXPLAINING ALL THE COROSION IN THERE. MAN MADE DAMS. WHAT LOOKS LIKE A BOAT YARD OR DOCKS FOR AIRSHIPS. MAN IT WAS AMAZING. ITS THE ONE
378-260208-2149-6-3D-1-01-HebesChasma_H1 from esas website images the things i am explaning to you you have to magnify them and once you do you will be amazed. LIKE I WAS. I ALSO FORGET I SAW WHAT LOOKED LIKE WORMS SWIMMING AND SCHOOLS OF FISH. TAKE A LOOK AT IT

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Interesting observation. However we have to keep in mind our own human tendencies to "faces" almost everywhere.

Science unravels why we see faces everywhere

-Go

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
very interesting, but i think that sometimes people don't take into account that the mind if a very powerful thing, and is quite capable of making you think you are seeing something that simply isn't there, or is untrue.

not trying to be a douche, but im just saying that the mind is programmed to always try to make order out of chaos, and we always try to look for things that are familiar to us. example, if you have a pop-corn type cealing, lay on your back and just stare at it for 5 minutes, i gurantee you in the time that you are laying there looking at the ceiling you will see a face, or something that wasn't there when you started

it DOES look like a face, but i think it is just because that us humans are "programmed" to think and work like that, always wanting to see something we are used to.

good post, and good eye.

new topics

top topics

join