It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Wacky Packs, Rock Tumblers, and the Good Ole Toys From Yesteryear?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
My daughter actually is outside all the time old school style.

My daughter played alot of sports, but the neighborhood we lived in didn't have many kids at all and we lived next to a busy street, so she wasn't outside playing as much. Now we live on a wooded culdesac in a neighborhood with a bazillion kids my sons age and he is outside from sun up till sun down in the woods and creek. I'm really glad for him but I feel like my daughter missed out on alot of outdoor fun with friends.

Rush

reply to post by AccessDenied

Totally off topic, but AccessDenied, that is one of the best avatars I have seen.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by hsur2112]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Any one remember the Monster Machine!?!

I used to think this was so cool - even after I finally got one and realised it wasn't remote controlled.

Hours of run wasting batteries getting people to lie down and have this thing go over them - took me about a month to break it!

Think it may of been the first thing I properly fixed by my self as well.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I still drink out of my caveman glasses....

And I still have my collection of Apollo glasses...

Rush

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Oh yes the Fortune Tellers, another classic! Good one Snowflake! My little niece who's in 2nd grade had one yesterday at the family cookout...glad to see the old traditions, some of them at least, are still being passed along!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Great one Now_Then! I love the commercial, reminds me of the intro to Terminator 2 lol. That was back when you never knew if the toy you got would do the things it did in the commercials and sometimes you found a gem, other times just fool's gold

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

Rush!! You pack rat you!! Oh man those pictures bring back memories...what was the caveman from the comic strip B.C.?? I remember those glasses, too cool.

The Apollo glasses rocked, I kept mine until the paint or whatever on them was eaten away by the dishwasher! I proudly drank my Tang out of them!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Oh yeah, the footballs, the fortune tellers, and the monster machine. I always wanted a Monster Machine. How about Micro Machines?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
Ok, one more then I'm off to bed............

Saturday mornings, Captain Crunch cereal and "Land of the Lost".

Oh, and does anyone remember Quisp cereal shaped like little ufo's? Jeez that was good stuff.

Ok, technically that's four.

Rush

By the way you maybe interested to know that Quisp cereal is still being made today.

quisp cereal

You'll also maybe pleased to note that you can even buy it online!! Happy munching!!

Edited to add: Loved land of the lost!! still a sorta favorite of mine.
Got the "World of Sid and Marty Croft" DVD set from Rhino records. It's got an episode of Land of the Lost in it (along with a lot of otheres).

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Deson]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deson

By the way you maybe interested to know that Quisp cereal is still being made today.

quisp cereal

Yeah. I've gotten it for my kids before and neither one liked it. What's up with that? Back in the day my girlish figure could handle it, but now I must resist to keep my girlish figure happy. HEHE

Rush

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Personally my major weakness in munchable breakfast cereals seems to be honeycomb. No need for milk, just me, a box, and a good book (or a good website) Hehe.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join