It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember Wacky Packs, Rock Tumblers, and the Good Ole Toys From Yesteryear?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

LOL Eye, that's too funny, we tortured our "Mr. Smith" I can't even remember the poor man's name, we did the flaming bag of dog crap to him on Damage Night, the night before Halloween...did you all have Damage Night?? Lots of bad fun, that night was!

OMG and the prank phone calls that went on for hours...before stupid caller ID!!! Prank phone calls ROCKED.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

OMG no way lol can you imagine what would have happened to him in THIS day and age???

OMG the girlscouts lawdy, I HATED it, but I was made to do it, along with the gratuitous piano lessons...pimping out those horrible cookies for cash, I hated that.

And the badges for girlscouts, COME ON, the sewing badge??? VOMIT lol.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

We didn't have damage night, but on Halloween we would smash peoples pumpkins.

This reminds me of the time when I was a teenager and we creeped across the highway to change the Great clips roadside marquee to say Great Clits (we were like only 14). We took the T from the Tuesday. It was like that for a week along a busy highway. We still laugh about that.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Jeez, eye open doors, RFLMAO!!! That's one of the funniest things I've heard all day.

Rush

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

We ran back to the house all scared and laughing our butts off. We turned off the lights and peeked out the window. We thought there might be cops. Every day that thing was up was another notch on our belts.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Wow! Yes..we called it "Ghost in the Graveyard"
The kids where I live nowadays still play this game but they call it..
"MANHUNT"

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Honestly, I am amazed that kids play outside anymore. I thought if it didn't have a microchip in it, they would not be interested. My hope for the imagination of future adults just went up.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   

LMFAO that's a classic omg I am rolling here I bet the next door neighbor can hear me laughing, my window's open here

About you being worried the police were coming lmfaoooooooo.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I have heard from other women that girl scouts were lame, and that they were envious of the boys in Boy Scouts. You ladies didn't even get to ride horses. Did you get to make fires even?

Hey don't knock the girl scout cookies. Those are awesome.

[edit on 5/26/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Ok, blast from my past, present and future..........

Rush
Eagles
Boston
REO Speedwagon
Steve Miller Band
Journey
Cheap Trick
ELO
Nazareth
Styx
Supertramp

...............just to name a few.

(nostalgic) Rush

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Heart
Steely Dan
AC DC
The Scorpions
The Who
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Led Zeppelin....

Ok here's a good question, can you all remember the first album you ever bought, and how much it cost?

Me: Eagles, can't remember the name of it, was light blue cover with a cow skull on it LOL...and it was $4.99 and my allowance was $5.00 for cutting the grass once a week LOL

OMG on this music topic, I bought Jethro Tull Aqua Lung...and was cranking it and Dad walked in right when the title song was playing, he picked up the album, read the back and freaked LOL...I had to talk him out of confiscating it.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Ok, one more then I'm off to bed............

Saturday mornings, Captain Crunch cereal and "Land of the Lost".

Oh, and does anyone remember Quisp cereal shaped like little ufo's? Jeez that was good stuff.

Ok, technically that's four.

Rush

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Good Night,

Have happy dreams of times gone by and YESSS I loved Quisp cerial and Captain Crunch as well, Land of the Lost rocked, HR PuffNStuff, the Monkees...goood times!!!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Ok, one more.............

I don't recall the name of the album, but it had "American Pie" by Don McLean on it, I bought it just for that song. Jeez, I love that song. When my daughter was born, I would rock her to sleep singing the entire song.

Rush
(As if you don't know it's me)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

It was a tape cassette for me. I purchased two. Pearl Jam 10, and Faith No More Epic. I don't know how much they were, but I do remember that i broke the Pearl Jam tape. I was inspired by the movie Summer School to write the distributor and see if they'd send me another one. They did, and I was amazed.
Thank you Dave and Chainsaw.

It's all about the Boo Berry, Franken Berry, and Count Chocula... Boo Berry is rare.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I was actually more of an indoors girl when I was a kid. My favorite "toy" was a pad and a pencil. I would draw, doodle, and write all in one notebook. I always had notebooks all over the place...and I still do.

My daughter actually is outside all the time old school style.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

Man this thread is bringing up a ton of memories. We'd play the dot game on paper all the time. The one were you use grid paper (if your lucky), or just line paper so the dots wouldn't be all skiddy-wumpous. You could do it easy and make it so three lines connected or the harder one with the four lines.

Each player could make one line per turn, whoever made a triangle or a square would initial it. At the end, tally up the amount. Whoever had the higher number was the winner. We'd play that for hours. I always read books too.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Glad your daughter plays outside "old school" ... right on, Snowflake! I love hearing that, it makes for so many great memories as you can tell with this thread

OMG the dot game...Eye we played that all the time on graph paper wow, I haven't thought about that in agesssssss, good one!

Remember the paper folded "footballs" that were really triangle shapes and the other person would make a "field goal" with their fingers and you'd try and flick it through? LOL.

Notes passed to bf's or gf's with boxes you could check off: "Do you like me, yes, no or maybe" lol each one having it's own box...

[edit on 26-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Speaking of fun with paper, how many ladies here made fortune tellers? I used to make those all the time! Those were the best!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Brings back lots of childhood memories!

Theres a awesome site called Retrojunk.. www.retrojunk.com....

If your a 80s/90s Kid, then you will love that website. Full of articles of all things eighties and nineties! Anything from Toys, Places of interests, videos of commercials and all other junk like that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join