It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Read [i]The House of the Scorpion[/i]?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The House of the Scorpion was an awesome book by Nancy Farmer! I read in sixth grade (now in 9th ) and i am reading it again and i just think that it is a spectacular book and is a good book for all ages and highly recommend it to everyone.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

Hiyah tpeele,

Nope I sure haven't read it, or heard of it. What's it about?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

The back of the book goes as follows:

"MATTEO ALACRAN WAS NOT BORN; HE WAS HARVESTED. His DNA came from El Patro, lord of a counrty called opium-a strip of poppy fields lying between the U.S. and what was once called Mexico. Matt's first cell split inside a petri dish. Then he was placed in the womb of a cow, where he continued the miraculous joourney from embryo to fetus to baby. He is a boy now, but most consider him am monster- except for El Parton. El Patron loves Matt as he loves himself, because Matt is himself.

As Matt struggles to understand his existence, he is threatened by a sinister cast of characters, including El Patron's power hungry family. and he is surrounded by a dangrous army of bodyguards. Escape is the only chance Matt has to survive. But escape from Alacran Estate is no guarantee of freedom, because Matt is markes by his difference in ways he doesn' even supsect."

It is an awesome book.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

Wow heady stuff for that age group! Sounds like a great book I shall check it out and read it, thanks for the heads up on it!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

No Problem

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I read that book a few years ago. I think it's really fantastic, I loved it a lot and have reread it a couple time. I believe it to be a great book for all age groups. Really gripping, I remember I couldn't put it down.

top topics

join