It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October Surprise Predictions - Hedging Your Bets For 2008 Election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
October Surprise

Reading the definition of "October Surprise" for reference on another thread elsewhere on ATS, I began to wonder what the current one would be.

Read the definition on Wikipedia with the link I provided you at the top of this thread, and you will see, it is essentially said in the smallest terminology, a "Political Jack-In-The-Box" in that it is something that is so surprising, and or controversial so as to influence the outcome of an election.

An example, and I am not saying speicifically the date of October, but the Monica Lewinsky scandal where she "smoked the President's cigar" using the colorful euphamism there for a sexual favor, that we all know about because of the news media. That is similar to an "October Surprise" in that it influenced the public's opinion of Bill Clinton and his Presidential Administration.

So, the reason I began this thread, is so people can put there "October Surprise" predictions, and specifically being that I posted it here in the "War On Terrorism" forum area, it is that I am stating I believe it will be involved in some context and or connection to the current and ongoing War On Terror, in some way, shape, or form.

Will it be that Osama bin Laden will be found and captured?

Will it be that Osama bin Laden will be found to have been dead for some time?

Will it be that one of the current Presidental Adminstration will get assassinated?

Will it be that one of the Presidnetial nominees will be assassinated?

Will it be found out that Bush is guilty of "war crimes" by the F.B.I.?

Will it be that some foreign dignatary will shed light on oil scandals?

Will it be Hugo Chavez will officially declare war on the United States of America?

Will it be that life in found on Mars?

Will it be a "false flag operation" involving aliens?

Who know at this point in the game, but I am interested in your opinions as well as predictions. Be thorough and give website links to back up your views as well as state your beliefs, even linking to other ATS'ers work here on the site or even to your own ATS links, utilizing it to back yourself up.

My personal opinion is that Bush or Cheney, or even a Presidential nominee will make a world startling announcement of some kind, or even the possibility of Nuclear War on American soil.

No links to back that up, just a hunch. My gut tells Me something big will happen.

Always follow your gut instinct.

I think no matter what it is that the "October Surprise" is, it will involve the "War On Terror" in some way.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
QUOTE: "Will it be Hugo Chavez will officially declare war on the United States of America? "

Now that had me LOL'ing. How would he do this? I mean yeah i guess he could "declare" war on the US verbally but exactly how would he carry this action out?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
QUOTE: "Will it be Hugo Chavez will officially declare war on the United States of America? "

Now that had me LOL'ing. How would he do this? I mean yeah i guess he could "declare" war on the US verbally but exactly how would he carry this action out?

Hey now, Hugo Chavez has the oil of Venezuela, and he has signed a non-aggression pact with Cuba as well as one other country, anything is possible.

I didn't say it would happen, just "what if" it did happen.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards a false flag of some sort, allowing the Decider and Insaney to continue their hold on the nation along with a side dish of total martial law implementation. I wouldn't be suprised to see some time of catastrophe carried out just in time, with the likely culprits being "iranian terrorists", so the war-mongers can force us into their next profiteering death machine...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
I'm leaning towards a false flag of some sort, allowing the Decider and Insaney to continue their hold on the nation along with a side dish of total martial law implementation. I wouldn't be suprised to see some time of catastrophe carried out just in time, with the likely culprits being "iranian terrorists", so the war-mongers can force us into their next profiteering death machine...

Interesting that you would say a False Flag Operation in that there is a vast majority of people that believe everything involving September 11th was a false flag operation in conjunction with the actual events happening because of several "war games" going on during the attack.

Can you elaborate on that, DimensionalDetective?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I predict either a real or false H5N1 Pandemic. Somewhere in the asian world a natural disaster degrades the living conditions of a large group of people, the disease goes pandemic. The US govt declairs martial law, quarrantine, Canadian troops lock down all transportation routes. People are limited to their own houses for 6 weeks. Mostly self imposed at first.
water and electricity are lost about the first or second week. Most people run out of food and water by the third week. Two more weeks of total starvation later and the body cannot be made to digest again. Most die from the quarrantine.

I hope that was specific enough for you.

Keep a 6 week supply.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well, the original "October Surprise" was to ensure Regan got elected right? So, what would an October surprise accomplish with this election cycle?

I think Bin Laden is pretty much a non-issue now. Even if they caught him, I think the people would just shrug and say..."about time". I doubt his capture would do anything but give Bush a slight up-tick in his approval ratings. I doubt it would even get him to the 30% range though.

So as far as accomplishing anything for the election season, I only see 2 scenarios.

1:False Flag to ensure more Bush Cheney. Even though they have all of the measures in place to ensure that it could happen within the law, I just don't think they are going to do it. They are running this last year as if they know it is their last. They will laugh all the way to the bank and wash their hands of the irreparable damage that they have done to our country.

2:Assassination of Obama. It would be used to ensure a McCain / Republican victory. Looking at recent numbers, it looks like something like that will have to happen for McCain to win. Although, I am sure that "Turdblossom" has some tricks up his sleeves for the remainder of the year. I honestly don't think that this will happen either though. It has been mentioned too many times by the media and even now by Hillary. I realize that the PTB know that we are stupid and have short memories, but I don't think they would take it that far.

I don't expect any October Surprises this year. I just expect a very negative campaign by the republicans that will defy common sense.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Great response there to a very interesting question I posed to ATS. Thanks for contributing to the level of intelligence. I can see many opportunities for the current Administration as well as the potential incoming Administration to screw the American people, yet again.

There are some many signs of war being imminent, from Venezuela's oil company, Citgo being thrown out with Hugo Chavez, which is getting rid of the international "conglomerate" in order to drive prices sky-high as well as the potential for Citgo having spies either intentionally or unintentionally, as well as the Mexican border being militarized in order to keep "foreign aliens" out, being a boundary that can also keep people in as well.

These are a few of the signs of coming war, on a much larger scale than the world is currently at, because if you studied World War I and World War II, you would see these as imminent signs of how screwed we really are.

OPEC and whoever else controls the oil is trying to drive the price of gasoline to over $15 per gallon and $200 a barrel, according to My online and offline sources of information.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

What you are talking about certainly are significant events, but I am not seeing how they can be translated to an October Surprise.

In my mind, an October Surprise would be something like McCain and the Bush administration brokering a deal with Saudi Arabia or something to start selling oil to the US for $30.00 a barrel, but keeping a lid on it until October and then presenting it in a manner which makes McCain look like a savior.

More war won't really be a surprise and it wouldn't really change the political landscape by any measurable means. The same goes with higher oil prices. The American people have accepted the reality of high prices and expect higher prices. So, OPEC driving the price to 15/gal would suck but wouldn't qualify as a campaign changing event, IMHO.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The $15 a gallon comment was not an "October Surprise" suggestion, more of a comment within the comment, and response to your comment with a side note that it might be happening.

Still it isn't going to happen in order to assist the American public at all.

Whatever it is that happens, it will screw the world, I'm sure.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 31-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This thread was inspired because of one other one I did as well as other sources I went to for information. Here's the link as well as quoting the other first post within the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com... Just Made The Most Politically Detrimental Statement About R.F.K., Assassination, and Obama?

A link is sufficient, mate. No need to crosspost an entire (huge) post,
which is already on the site.
Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Jbird]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm really surprised this thread didn't have more interest in it. Seeing as how the election is before the end of the year, and the potential candidates being who they are. I guess we will see before it's too late what exactly happens, or not.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I tend to agree with DD on this. However I lean toward a "September Surprise" and a 'terrorist attack'
of some sort. Most likely in more than one city and involving biological or nuclear events.

I have my reasons, but I DO NOT have any 'inside info' about this, so no need to track me down for questioning, fellas.

[edit on 5/29/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Interesting thoughts on what may happen. It's definately interesting to see and hear other people's thoughts on this. Keep them coming.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 31-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
My replies are not predictions. To me, predictions are logical assumptions based on available, current information. Instead, mine are not speculative and are a mere abstraction of the absurd ... the things you'd never guess ... Edgar Allen Poe or Alfred Hitchcock sort of surprise ending scenarios.

I love guessing games!

1. Normally the stock market falls at the end of October, especially in an election year. A surprise would be a stock market rise.
2. Dubya Bush suddenly acquires a conscience and hangs himself.
3. Cheney 'helps' Bush commit suicide, then blames it on the Democratic Party nominee.
4. Israel gets nuked.
5. Bush's hideaway (Escondido) in Paraguay is destroyed.
6. The price of oil at the gas pump suddenly drops to Pre-Bush prices.
7. McCain has a fatal heart attack or other natural cause death.
8. Clinton decides to have a last minute sex change.
9. Obama and a Hamas agent are photographed together at an underwear party in the National Enquirer.

Now my prediction:
I predict the October Surprise will be that there isn't the anticipated surprise.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Great examples of potential "October Surprise" events.

Bush has a hideaway in Paraguay? I don't ever remember hearing about that.

Interesting as Paraguay is in South America.

What area was it the Nazi's were supposed to have disappeared in, in South America?

It's interesting that W.E.B. Griffin mentions the Nazi's hideaway potentially being in Buenos Aires, Argentina in this fiction book "The Hostage , in conjunction with Iraq's Oil for Food scandal.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This thread discusses a potential October 'surprise' - which if it turns out to be true won't be a surprise at all.

That Michelle Obama 'whitey' tape. Supposedly it will be released in October. Supposedly. Of course - the rumor may be all there is to the surprise.

That's the only one that I can think of ... unless the bible code comes true.

Bible code predictions (which I don't believe in)
- Obama is the nominee.
- He is assassinated.
- Hillary takes the dem nomination.
- McCain has heart problems so Romney takes the republican nomination.
- Hillary wins as POTUS

[edit on 5/31/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Ha, hugo is not gonna declare war on U.S.. He only hates bush and his admin for trying to overthrow him with a coup. He doesn't hate americans, he's the poor mans' president.
As for the October suprise, I'd have to say its something along the lines of an assasination. Or a turf war between republicants and democraps. Perhaps that already started with the assasination of that arkansas democratic leader.
Regardless, we should all know its stupid because of its political timing. Politicians are scum.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

At least you're seeing what I'm saying, the potential "what if" scenario.

I even came up with another one and not many people are even considering it.

Will Bush Revoke/Re-Write The 22nd Amendment, To Hold A 3rd Term In Office?

I never want something like this to happen, it's the last thing on Earth I want.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This may sound absurd, however there is a lot of chatter on the internet (don’t trust it) about an October Surprise involving some kind of False-Flag operation concerning the discovery of biological life on Mars, or some other Alien discovery: either a transmission, contact, even a landing. False-Flag because it would not be true, it would be a hoax intended to scare people; A surprise because it would be implemented with the intention of disrupting the elections and perhaps making way for martial law. The fact is, voter turnout is at an all-time low and October Surprise or not, McCain seems to be the obvious winner in almost any scenario. You can go to Huffington Post online and try out various incarnations of an electoral map for yourself, and nearly every scenario implies McCain as winning, and by a rather significant margin. Personally, I think we are in for a November Surprise, and that is another four years of being completely screwed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join