It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst and assigned a threat level

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Are you even sure the 13th floor exist? All buildings with 14 floors have a floor 13, but it is simply labeled floor 14.

How do they access the floor? Have you seen someone use a key and get off or on between the 12th and 14th floors?

I have no doubt the goverment monitors this site. At the very least they use computers to automate the monitoring. Let's face it, anything you post on the web, you should count on someone or something goverment related checking it out. People who imply threats against others or show rabid hate deserve to be checked out in my book. I look at it the same shouting a street corner. Anything that is put in the public domain loses any right to privacy. If I found that the gov was accessing my hard drive and personal private files then I would be a bit concerned, although in my case they would just be bored as hell.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Yes, I know it exists. Plus, the building has 31 floors in it total.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Major Discrepancy

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I disagree with Bush's policies and hope he gets TAKEN OUT.

The Major is curious, taken out where? To dinner? The movies?
Dismissed.

A good night out on the town. On his tab.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
[edit on 26-5-2008 by PokeyJoe]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
If ATS is monitored by government analysts, they have likely concluded there is no threat here. After up to seven years (I don't recall when ATS was born) of posts thoughtfully and critically analyzing the possible involvement of elements within our government in allowing or perpetrating 911 and its consequences (Patriot Act, Iraq War, an unaccountable Congress and Administration, routine use of torture, worldwide damage to the U.S.' reputation, economic disaster due to diversion of assets to the many ongoing so-called "wars", etc.,) with no organized activity whatsoever toward rectifying these problems or bringing the guilty to a reckoning, I dare say the "government" feels no threat whatsoever from this web site or its members. ATS and its membership are the mouse that roared and continues to roar. It's fun to roar from one's keyboard, but it has little effect in the real world of action.

[edit on 5/26/2008 by dubiousone]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
If ATS is monitored by government analysts, they have likely concluded there is no threat here.

Exactly!!

And this is the direction those that "defended" ATS should have gone down rather than to attack jhill, who just tried to pass on some info he got that people here might find interesting. I did. And it made perfect sense to me.

It was a blown opportunity to point out that, yes indeed the internet including ATS is monitored by the US government, and most likely all governments. And more importantly, the process by which it is done, and by whom. BUT, there's not a concerted effort by some alphabet agency to push agendas or ideas via a website front, namely this one.

No, we need to have the typical, "lolz you mean I can get paid to be on ATS" and the immediate unnecessary and misplaced condescension by people that feel necessary to defend the honor of ATS, when it was never questioned in the first place.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
You mean, I could be getting paid to read ATS???? Sign me up, does this come with the Shop matching 401K, medical and dental?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
JHill, I have really enjoyed your posts. You are certainly one of the more interesting members at ATS lately and you have added a lot of perspective.

While I certainly concur with the premise of the OP, I am just curious about you. You profile lists your date of birth which puts you at not yet 21 years of age. That is very young for someone with so many experiences and who speaks with such resolution on so many topics.

Is it accurate? Can you provide us with more info on your background?

[edit on 26/5/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well I have nothing to worry about then because I pose no threat to anyone or anything. I'm also not surprised to find them monitoring ATS because ATS is one of the top opinion websites I've found in ages. Keep on posting.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by qxlb52
Well I have nothing to worry about then because I pose no threat to anyone or anything. I'm also not surprised to find them monitoring ATS because ATS is one of the top opinion websites I've found in ages. Keep on posting.

I used to think that ATS was one of the top opinion websites too, until today. Then I discovered what some ex-posters here did. This is a great opinion site only if your opinion agrees with the moderators and staff of this great place.

Maybe John Lear does have it right....all I know is that something is not what it seems.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yes.

I am 20 yrs. old. I work as a contractor for the federal government and was recently in the talks to become a federal employee. I have many certifications for my age, 17 in all. I have an extensive background in information systems. I actually graduated with an associates degree before I graduated high school. Never really had a social life in high school. Was offered a job at Microsoft at the age of 17, but I wasn't finished with high school so I turned down. I grew up on command-line, hardly anyone my age can attest to that.

Also, to date, I have a bachelors and am working on my masters in homeland security, and am pursuing my doctorate immediately after.

That's about it.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by jhill76]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I saw a news story on Canadian TV about how there are a lot of people with mysterious jobs working in warehouses in the United States with equally mysterious funders.

I believe these people troll sites like youtube en masse to post counter-comments or collect info on posters. ( with pro-bush, pro-NASA, etc...mandates)

These people are the biggest prostitutes on the planet.

Hopefully under Obama's administration these people will be exposed.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
there mostly looking for prophets or thoes who's words can bring there enemies to a common ground no matter there differences.possible leaders for a new age is what they fear most....maybe

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

A quick question. Did you attend TAMS.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I don't know what that stands for, so I can say it's obvious, no.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Now it becomes clear to me.

When one enlists they take an oath to protect the constitution.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

Notice closely who are they defending the Constitution against?
And whose orders will they follow?

Once you see these two questions answered, you realize there are those in high positions that can and do determine who the enemy is, and somehow find it their duty to keep an eye on what they call the enemy.

Source

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Yes. They can determine who the enemy is, in the future we will be seen as the enemy. In the future, if you are in the database, you will be hauled away. If you do not believe:

MAIN CORE: The Last Roundup

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Sounds like a reasonable way that the government may be monitoring ATS. To any monitors, go ahead and move me up on your priority. I'm about tired of all the government meddling in everyone lives, and I refuse to be afraid.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokingmonkey
Sounds like a reasonable way that the government may be monitoring ATS. To any monitors, go ahead and move me up on your priority. I'm about tired of all the government meddling in everyone lives, and I refuse to be afraid.

No smoking where you are going!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join