It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst and assigned a threat level

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I just received a secure comm from team leader zeta. An excellent suggestion has been submitted. ATS members will be forced to watch B#sh dance while listening to his past speeches.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by General Izer

That was just too funny!

But on a serious note, I do not believe that ATS is monitored every single day. What I wrote was what I was told.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by jhill76]

I have interviewed several 'insiders' and have asked questions about the general nature of surveillance and monitoring - and this is what I have learned from them:

1) There are many 'levels' of various law enforcement and intelligence agencies out there looking for and at various people.
2) Surprisingly, not a lot of these share information
3) The banking sector has the most detailed of record keeping of all the spook agencies
4) The big international info sharing agencies can interface with the finance sector records
5) EVERYONE IS MONITORED - and there is a file on everyone - period.
6) One of the 'primary' categories on your file, is whether you are an 'activist' or not. It doesn't matter if you are left, right, male, female, green, pink, UFO nut, skeptic, union, etc etc - if you have ever bothered to write a letter to the editor, marched in a protest, filled in a petition, phone a radio station, write a book, - this goes on your file. The more active you are, the more they are likely to consider using you - often without your knowledge.
7) Every electronic communication you have, phone, email, fax - is noted by centralised computers - but access to these computers is regulated and controlled.
8) Human monitors, who you imagine to be sitting there reading stuff like this - are pretty rare - their computers do it all - and log it on your individual file.
9) Oh yeah, I was repeatedly told that in any times of martial law/national emergency/invasion by or of another country - ALL activists (which includes intellectuals) are rounded up (skeptics included I'm afraid)

My 5 cents worth

Peace

Duncan

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The Major would like to thank those that have participated in this thread. Many "laughing out louds" have occurred and the Major has remained amused. Please continue with the current course of idle banter; especially you General Izer, not since General Dilemma's retirement has there been an overbearing brass hat windbag of your stature.

Dismissed.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Peepers

You mean we don't already? Huh! Surely I'm not the only one?

Ooops, gotta go genuflect...ATS...ATS...ATS.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
lol hi cia dude or dudette

i bet it's true,but hey the truth needs to come out somewhere,somehow..if not here some place else imo.

the governments need to relax...too freakin paranoid these days imo

hugs

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
The correct term is SIPRNET. It requires a clearance and is used for classified information up to SECRET.

NIPRNET requires no clearance.

The real meat and potatoes is JWICS, which includes classified information up to TOP SECRET and even Sensitive Compartmented Information.

If you are a very interesting character you may get an entry in the Intellipedia (its like Wikipedia but much more interesting).

Have a Nice Day
Fnord!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I just had to chime in because this is just too good, I shouldnt but you guys are over the top. They monitor the web with a webcrawler which flags certain words. Those words are then rated along with multi number of trigger words in a sentence etc , etc, etc. After that a computer program decides the level of action taken till it get to a certain lvl. Some words trigger immediate responses, we can figure out what those words are, I cannot post that info.+++ Very few threats make it high enough for an actual investigation, little lone watching ppl on this site. True threats want to remain hidden, not broadcast on an open mic.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
By the way, I love all the made up words and actions that can take place,,,Intelapedia ... thats a great laugh.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jalien

Yes, this is employed too. But, there are analysts out there that need to interact to gain more intel. Again, they will only employ this method if need be.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jalien

You are trying to sound like you work there. If you can tell me what algorithm is used, then I will believe you.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Get real! They aren't analyzing it they are posting on it. This is for all the "Analysts":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-5-2008 by spaceweaver]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Major DiscrepancyPlease continue with the current course of idle banter; especially you General Izer, not since General Dilemma's retirement has there been an overbearing brass hat windbag of your stature.

Dismissed.

General Dilemma was a nancy boy. The new military has no place for his 1950's style protocol.

As for you Major, I highly suggest you report directly to your CO to explain your involvement with this terrorist website.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Do you know there are actually people who track spy satellites?
No one is safe.

You could also ask Mark or Bill if there was ever any suspicious activity by any member. Besides me of course.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jalien

Funny made up words? Well technically any term is originally made up by someone. Someone made up even the acronym ECHELON initially.

www.cia.gov...

I'm sorry but the CIA is having the last laugh here.

[edit on 26/5/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure they have programs that scour the web for particular buz words i.e. bomb, terrorist, assassination. If this word appears in conjunction with say president, government then it will pop up in front of the analyst.

He will take a look at it, as you said chuck it in the database and get the search program to keep a closer tab on the site, poster, blogger, whatever.

Thats how it all starts.

Originally posted by jhill76
They might ask: Man, wouldn't it be nice if Bush was taken out. If you agree, you have answered his question.
[edit on 25-5-2008 by jhill76]

I thought they couldn't trick you into criminally implicating yourself, for instance police cant pose as a drug dealer and sell you drugs, then arrest you. Although the intelligence community is probably immune from those sorts of laws or just ignores them.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by blahdiblah]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I am hardly surprised JHill. I just want to say any reference to force feeding of pretzels was made by my uh, evil twin, Billy. Ya Ya, that's it. I don't know how many times I've told him to stay off my puter!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Intellipedia is a BAD IDEA in my opinion for ONE simple reason
which the following quote illustrates quite nicely:

"Intellipedia was created to share information on some of the most
difficult subjects facing U.S. intelligence and to bring cutting-edge
technology into its ever-more-youthful workforce."

The relevant portion of the above quote is "...ever-more-youthful workforce."
which is becoming OVERLY reliant on "Book Smarts" rather than infield
HumInt (Human Intelligence) gathering methodologies.

And as a Gen-X'er, I am laying the blame SQUARELY on the Baby Boomers
who have raised (make that Are Raising) a whole generation of kids
who couldn't survive "Out In The Wild" if their lives depended on it.

The key words are "Overly Reliant" and a rather HORRENDOUS attitude
problem regarding real-word interview techniques, in-field intelligence
gathering and ANYTHING that requires slogging through rain, wind and
snow to TAKE pictures, record video, and TALK to real live PEOPLE
ANYWHERE in the world.

The CIA/DIA/NSA has been relegated to agencies filled with "Desk Noids"
whose asses continue to spread wider than their shoulders and have
NO CONCEPT of using anything other than Wikipedia, Google and Satellite
photos as Intelligence Gathering methods....Gawd if I put these people into
the field, they'd be EFFING TOAST with their brains splattered all over the
ground by some Syrian/NK/ChiCom/FSB agent that knows what the word
"Footwork" still means!

No language Training, No in-field adversary infiltration knowledge,
no acting lessons at all, no video or audio technology training,
no subtle interview & info gathering techniques training AT ALL !!!!!

All these "Educated Idiots" know how to do is press Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V as they
cut & paste report passages outsourced from British MI-5/MI-6 and
German FIS agents.

It annoys the HELL out of me that we're hiring Blackwater and EG&G people
to do the dirty work when we should kick some of those fat office butts
into the field where they belong and train them intensely to get them
INTO North Korea, China, Russia, Syria, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc.

Indignant Noid Answer:
"WHAT? We can't go there...we look & act too western & can't speak
the language and it's WAAY too COOOLD there....!!!"

My Response:
---- uhm That doesn't seem to stop Hollywood from using it's prosthetic
trickery from turning actors into monsters (or men into convincing women!)
So why not turn that average fat-ass desk-noid into a convincing Syrian
Missile Dealer or North Korea/China Border Trader with something
called Makeup, Prosthetics and CONVINCING ACTING ?????????

and that lack of Languages....could be solved by something many of you
haven't used in a while....A Book....and FACE TIME with
a REAL TEACHER and more than just a few HOURS of practice !!!!!!!!!!!!!

=====

Your day doesn't end with a flick of Ctrl-Alt-Del and the LOGOFF button
so how about NOT filling HumInt with SO MANY DESK NOIDS when
FIELD AGENTS infiltrated into RELEVANT AREAS-OF-INTEREST are
FAR MORE IMPORTANT than twenty-thousand hits on Google !!!!!!

======

THAT IS MY RANT FOR TODAY to be included
within Intellipedia for those who give a Rats A** about
the state of our IntelOps

-----

Oh Yeah!!!!!! My Consulting Rates to Fix This Mess
are $350/hr + Expenses - Call Right Now !!!!!!!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
The correct term is SIPRNET. It requires a clearance and is used for classified information up to SECRET.

NIPRNET requires no clearance.

The real meat and potatoes is JWICS, which includes classified information up to TOP SECRET and even Sensitive Compartmented Information.

If you are a very interesting character you may get an entry in the Intellipedia (its like Wikipedia but much more interesting).

Have a Nice Day
Fnord!

Thanks for the Intellipedia reference, added it to the growing list of favorites.

Yup, the original poster is correct there are analysts who sit on the computer all day, and peruse the threads, spellunking for open-source intelligence, that would be anything that is not controlled by the controlled media, because someone somewhere blabbed or figured it out on their own, or saw through the baloney, or even knows how to intepret the raw intelligence data on their own.

They sit back, drinking their Starbucks coffee or Latte and laugh at most of the stuff on ATS, but take notice of the real stuff getting leaked out, and figure out a way to discredit that person, or send an Agent to knock on their door.

Agent's don't kick in a door, unless it's imminent danger. They generally knock, show a badge, and ask questions, but not until after they've interviewd your neighbors, checked your e-mail's, checked your regular mail as well as subscriptions, checked other agencies for any flags, checked out your speeding tickets and court records, the list goes on and on and on, and a lot of what they sift through is available to be sent to them via e-mail.

This book called No Place to Hide talks about the indepth manner of the databases that were around, that are currently being built, as well as future one, the Intelligence Agencies and Law Enforcement entities connected to them, as well as the private organizations they connect to, like the Credit Reporting agencies and credit card companies along with Amazon.

Read the book, trust Me.

I thread-tagged this thread with "A Tracking System", for ATS.

Wikipedia - Echelon

[edit on 26-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Let me just make a point in support of Jhill ....

Project Echelon is located north of the Canadian Border, but built by the NSA and CIA as a means to monitor all communications in all forms electronically. They built the site there because to eavesdrop on US Citizens is against the law in America.

Every type of electronic communications is monitored. Websites are visited and logged. Emails are logged. Phone calls and faxes are logged.

So, for those of you who don't have any info on "PROJECT ECHELON" please google it. You might just be amazed at what you find out about it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Jhill

I suggest taking a look www.abovetopsecret.com...

I read your opening post and immediately thought of the guy. Now I am pretty much convinced he was working for someone.

Theres a few more stories in that thread that definitely support what you are saying, I for one have no trouble believing what you describe. I don't understand the hostility towards you in this thread...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join