Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by General Izer
That was just too funny!
But on a serious note, I do not believe that ATS is monitored every single day. What I wrote was what I was told.
[edit on 25-5-2008 by jhill76]
I have interviewed several 'insiders' and have asked questions about the general nature of surveillance and monitoring - and this is what I have
learned from them:
1) There are many 'levels' of various law enforcement and intelligence agencies out there looking for and at various people.
2) Surprisingly, not a lot of these share information
3) The banking sector has the most detailed of record keeping of all the spook agencies
4) The big international info sharing agencies can interface with the finance sector records
5) EVERYONE IS MONITORED - and there is a file on everyone - period.
6) One of the 'primary' categories on your file, is whether you are an 'activist' or not. It doesn't matter if you are left, right, male,
female, green, pink, UFO nut, skeptic, union, etc etc - if you have ever bothered to write a letter to the editor, marched in a protest, filled in a
petition, phone a radio station, write a book, - this goes on your file. The more active you are, the more they are likely to consider using you -
often without your knowledge.
7) Every electronic communication you have, phone, email, fax - is noted by centralised computers - but access to these computers is regulated and
8) Human monitors, who you imagine to be sitting there reading stuff like this - are pretty rare - their computers do it all - and log it on your
9) Oh yeah, I was repeatedly told that in any times of martial law/national emergency/invasion by or of another country - ALL activists (which
includes intellectuals) are rounded up (skeptics included I'm afraid)
My 5 cents worth