It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst and assigned a threat level

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
IMO, A healthy life involves a fine line between paranoia and suspicion. It isn't too hard to imagine ATS being constantly monitered. Monitoring open discussions in ATS would be a vested interest of the government if any of these conspiracy theories are correct. Just to name a few.. 9/11, JFK, UFO's, Aliens, One World Government,etc...

Let's just look at UFO's alone..
We know that other governments have recently declassified UFO files. This is direct proof that such information would be kept classified by any government. .. Not just ours. We know that NASA has an encrypted radio comm channel on the space shuttle for astronauts to discuss UFO's. We know that astronauts have, on live television, called objects "alien spacecraft", and "UFO's". Don't even get me started on the video evidence which has been filmed, ironically, by the same organisation that sais UFO's don't exist. Then you have video footage taken from the ground of UFO's that correlate exactly with what NASA is videotaping in orbit. You have astronauts who have directly seen UFO's in orbit and admit to it. You have all the radio communications since the dawn of manned space flight which constantly depict encounters with unknown objects. And this is just for starters (If I keep going this post will be too long).

The point is that some conspiracies have more proof than others. But regardless of that, the government would have a vested interest in ensuring we are not getting too close to the truth, that we aren't learning too much. That way they can keep tabs on what information they can still claim as classified, as well as keep tabs on "us" in general and what we are discussing. Then you have disinformation.

-ChriS

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
just for the record, I am legally insane and a pathological daydreamer. I also voted for Bush six times, the extra five were dead people I knew who let me vote for them. Im also an illegal immigrant from outer OUTER space(central sun region) and I obviously dont file my taxes nor work a legal job. I have a fetish for corporations with no regard for nature and I hate people who think for themselves or stand up for the little guy. Also, I will bend over for any one in power, and just do what Im told and not question authority at the drop of a tin foil hat. Ill narc out my own family for some illusory status that will get me killed anyways.
But seriously folks, its pretty funny if they think the people conspiring against them are any less trained than they are. If anything, it makes sense that they are more intelligent, careful, trained and more aware of the game plan than those searching for traitors. Its also REALLY funny to think that they dont have whistle blowers and traitors left and right up and down, I knew a bunch of kids back in elementary school who were heaven bent on becoming a traitor/whistle blowers. Its just a silly mind game anyways, and the good guys WILL win. I guess who the good guys are is relative to a persons position to the master plan.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Silly mind games eh?

When my grandma puts up a picture and the Honchos don't like it, they block her server within ten minutes and if she doesn't move quickly they'll keep it up. When she's not looking some geeks play with the source code that runs her front page and take stuff off it.

Somebody's got too much time on their hands. I see how much interference some people deal with and thats why I don't come here very often because I don't want to be interfered with like that.

Grandma's got Mars pictures out the wazoo, but I'm not taking them anywhere because she says they upset people.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by sarcastic]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
In my honest opinion I would imagine the CIA or whoever would have the top computer guys working for them. In my somewhat knowledge of computers you could literally exploit the site, do a mass dump of data (from here to another server) and collect all the threads. Then create a data base where searching for key words would be a lot easier. Of course you'd have to have incredibly fast computers to get all the data here and even then have exploits nobody knew about (I don't have a clue).

So you would not need to have these guys come here to monitor the forums. They would have the top guys extracting information from this site without anyone knowing about it or with anyone leaving tracks.

But I'm sure if they wanted to know about who knows what they would make a thread (or even an entire website much like ATS) like this to determine how much truth is getting out of the bag. I'm not saying the OP works for them but eventually posts like these would drag people into a debate and eventually someone would speak out.

I'm not afraid of government agents nor am I afraid of little green men. Both are scared of the truth so they both hide the truth. Let them come here and post questions then we'd all gang up on them

But I do enjoy the many topics here on ATS and the moderators do a good job about keeping the site clean. I'm still learning about things here as I go along, but to me this is a very cool site. I'm also sure that if those supposed Agents were on here they'd be too busy having fun reading some of the information here (regardless if it is the truth or just another conspiracy).

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Most of the terrorist activity dun on this planet is dun by government false flag operations, the criminal agencies of the establishments are the true terrorist. There enemy is free thinking man, if a low level goon is reading this, my message to them is we are waking up be very afraid.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by psychedeliack
But seriously folks, its pretty funny if they think the people conspiring against them are any less trained than they are.

The people conspiring against them are not posting on ATS... they are out at camps in Idaho or Montana stocking weapons and run private boot camps

The people on ATS only talk about conspiring against them

And downloading all threads here doesn't require a genius... just a large hard drive, firefox and DownloadThemAll plugin

Hehe works GREAT on NASA directories...it downloads 5 images at a time and each file in 5 sections at the same time so it really speeds downloads... I would recommend it to anyone with dial up

Oh and its LEGAL and FREE... in case anyone was wondering

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
...In this time and age where we're aided with technology I guess this does sound plausible. O.O Big brother is not only watching you, he now has the ability to read you're posts in threads.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Let's take a look at intelligence.

Intelligence is the product resulting from the collection, processing, integration, analysis, evaluation, and interpretation of available information.

There are different types of collection:

1. Open Source Collection
  2. Clandestine Collection
  3. Human Source Collection
  4. Technical Collection

What I originally posted falls under open source collection.
Sites like ATS are monitored by an analyst and assigned a threat level

It includes the acquisition of material posted in the public domain.

Sites like ATS are posted in the public domain, therefore domestic intelligence can easily be gathered from web sites including but not limited to ATS.

Just because we think ATS is a place where there are crazy threads, there are still those threads that tell THEM what the average American knows or is currently thinking.

We don't have to sit here and talk about nukes, even the smallest policy change at the local level that gets posted by an employee or, a new neighbor moving in that has an OC3 connection in his basement (very high bandwidth that you will not see in a home, 155 mbps, 100 T-1 Lines), all of these small things can crack the case for a much larger event in the future, we have to read behind the lines.

Most of the time, we want to see the smoking gun, but we also have to be weary of the little items. If they are gathering intelligence on us, why not turn the tables and gather intelligence on them. I am not talking about clandestine operations or anything illegal. I am talking about reporting the small things that just is not normal, like to sites like ATS. Maybe we can prevent the next 9/11. Most of us believe that 9/11 was not done, via the official account.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
put me in the Nutz catagory - I thought I was one of 300 million people who believe in Justice for all and the American way of life... my bad...
I guess I stand alone... looks like the terrorist one....

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
put me in the Nutz catagory - I thought I was one of 300 million people who believe in Justice for all and the American way of life... my bad...
I guess I stand alone... looks like the terrorist one....

I think most people who are at least somewhat paranoid are actually smarter than most.
You are not alone btw..

I also believe in justice for all and the american way of life.. But what ever happened to "government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth"?? The values this country was based upon are slipping through the fingers of modern culture. And this kind of situation only makes it harder and harder for young people to grow up in this country without being paranoid about one thing or another.. And/or being on countless medications for wrongfully diagnosed health and mental illnesses.

I love the state I live in, I love this country, but we live in a completely messed up society.. And having an anti-government/anti-establishment kind of opinion on politics in general is completely different from being paranoid about what the government is doing when noone is looking. And they ARE looking.. It's just a matter of whether or not they're looking at you. And there is no way for us to know that exactly.. Hence, a healthy dose of paranoia is a very normal response to this kind of thing in my view.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I would guess then that the truth is assigned the highest threat level.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Exactly. For the government, secrecy is the name of the game when it comes to the kind of conspiracies we discuss here on ATS. Logically, regardless of what conspiracies are real and what aren't, any government conspiracy is going to be covered-up to some degree. So at least in this aspect the truth can be extremely damaging to the government if anyone found out what they were hiding. It isn't so much whether or not we know that they're hiding information because as far as the UFO phenomenon alone the secrecy is mind-numbingly absurd. We know that government-UFO secrecy exists, we just don't know the full extent of the conspiracy.

And the fact that Britian just decided to declassify thousands of "UFO documents" is proof of concept that any government would want to withhold this information from the public. If Britian has seemingly endless supplies of UFO documents, its pretty hard to imagine the massive amount of information being kept secret by our government. Especially given all of the actual well-documented UFO cases, men in black, Roswell, Kecksburg, etc..etc..etc.. And that's only what we know of..

-ChriS

[edit on 17-8-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Okay.

The word that sums up what OP is referring to is OSINT. Open Source Intelligence. This is data gathered from newspapers, news feeds, sites, television, etc. This is data that is Unclassified and is available on the public domain - i.e. the internet.

This is primarily used to collect data about goings-on in the political world and in other countries so that it can be paired up with the stuff that carries a classification to make decisions about what is taking place.

I'm speaking from the military intelligence (don't care to hear the "oxymoron jokes" I probably have a higher education than most who would make fun) side of the house. As far as I know - WE - the military - don't watch ATS. But. You can see where this would lead. If there is another organization out there who is not affected by habeas corpus (the act that stops us from acting as a police force in the US) - they would be the ones watching sites like this.

If the Army does it to get info on things going on.... You can imagine it is being done through other organizations.

Now, that being said - as I pointed out in some girl's maniacal "OMG!!! Martial Law!!!" Post or some such... the government/military isn't sitting here just randomly coming through here collecting data on US civilians regardless of what you are posting. 9 times out of 10 if the subject of what you posted on a site like this comes up, it's after you've committed some type of heinous crime or in the case of OP, who is the dangerous vein of appearing to - if you've committed espionage. EO 12333 prevents us from actively collecting on US civilians.

Believe me or not. I don't really care. I know what training we received and what laws and guidelines I have to follow as a Special Agent. We can't just start compiling data and files on people unless a crime has been committed, and under the Freedom of Speech - some yuppie sitting in a dark room somewhere posting about how much they hate the US/Military/Republicans/Democrats/God/Snake-People - whatever is safe until they commit that first crime. Then, agents are allowed to collect information on them.

I hope that helps somewhat.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join