It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homosexuality- Whats good about it...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Geeze this thread is about worthless.
Bashing bashing everywhere, plenty of flame to spare eh?
Look, for one thing normality is incredibly over rated. Sure, it has som good things. But all of the famous people have been non conformers. Our best presidents were definetly apart from the mold.

Aside from that... here are the main points I've seen from homophobes:
Homosexuyality is not natural.
It's found in nearly every species of animal life in the planet. It's about as natural as you can get.
2. It's harmful.
How, exactly? It makes no signifacant impact if any on the worlds population at large and generally the relationships go along like a hetero relationship. Heck, if nothing else they give you idiots a scapegoat.
3. God said it's bad.
Ok, you got me there. Go string 'em up. Of course God also said no Gentile sohuld marry a Jew, praising a fellow who stuck a interracial couple with a spear, destroyed cities leaving no one alive for variouse reasons, and punished a guy for believing inhim

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Geeze this thread is about worthless.
Bashing bashing everywhere, plenty of flame to spare eh?
Look, for one thing normality is incredibly over rated. Sure, it has som good things. But all of the famous people have been non conformers. Our best presidents were definetly apart from the mold.

well according to today's society gayism is normal now, so what does that make u. a conformer lol. so much for being unique.

and dont give that crap about famous people pls its worn out already, wow what a good reason
cuz famous people are role models now so lets be like bathroom senator larry craig. and i should do drugs and run around in the park like CNN's richard quest wearing a thing wrapped around his nick and tied to his penis. why do gay people like to be blunt about their gayness, u dont see me doing anything like that. maybe their will be a day where a normal heterosexual parade comes to town.

and ya i think God doesn't give a sh*t where people people put their penis. you are how you lead your life. if u are gay then u took a wrong turn and the road leads to a dead end.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

A couple of points here

If it's a choice would you be happy to see a 'reformed homo' marry you're daughter in a bid to try and lead a straight life and keep you happy. Or is it only ok for two people's lives to be screwed up when it's not you or yours suffering the consequences.

Are you willing to set an example to us all and renounce all sexual and emotional ties to show these homos how easy it is to live a life without these things.

Do you only ever have sex with the sole purpose of making babies? Have you ever pulled out, engaged in oral sex or masturbated?

Do you conjure these rather selfish objections to other people's lifestyles because you need to have a scapegoat yet have to justify it so you can protect your self image as a nice guy?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

good point, and i totally agree, that was the point i was trying to make earlier, but failed, and only got insulted

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

First off mate, no, despite your knee jerk reaction there, I'm not gay.
Secondly, by famous people I don't just mean the idiots who get press. I mean people like Newton, Einstein, mother Theresa, Lincoln, Jefferson, ect. The people who earned their fame.
Lemme turn your question around on you, why do heterosexuals like to be blunt about their heterosexuality? Hell, for that matter why do Christians like to be blunt about their Christianity, or the Jewish be blunt about being Jewish.
What business do foreign nationals have for being blunt about foreign nationals?
Homsexuals account for an insignificant amount of the population. They do what makes them happy, as should anyone within their means, and I don't think you can judge watch exactly makes a dead end in life.
As for me being a conformist, dude, I don't even know how.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
whooie! - what a hoot!

amazing thread!
Why are some "straight" people seemingly so obsessed with all things gay, right down to even the most nitty gritty of stuff like "fisting" (tho straights are into that too), and seem to know way more than they should, about a subject that supposedly does not affect them?
Because they are in the closet. They think that they can hide their true selves by bashing, but their loudness only brings more attention to themselves and their true nature. The louder they are, the more they are trying to hide.
Ha!! Haaa!!

By the way, the parts fit r e a l l y well!
hee, heee
keep up the good work here guys
I needed this laugh.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Not so much closeted IMO, but more denial. You know, the subconscious "If I can't do it, you can't either!" thing. I'm betting they'll occasionally see a picture of a good looking man, say to themselves "wow, he's cute!" then freak out because of it and then feel the need to externalize.

Live and let live guys.

"The ladies doth protest too much, methinks."

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
even you must admit that society made a big change into accepting homosexuality. it shouldnt surprise you that some like me resent it so. but oddly you expect things to go smoothly. the thread here asks the question whether homosexuality affects society and discusses the benefits or disadvantages of being gay. so far you have provided nothing to prove otherwise. actually from ur last comment you seem to imply that everyone is gay but is in denial. how absurd, are you now imposing your ideas on us or what exactly. you want us to believe that we are gay no matter what. im afraid, thats the mentality that homosexuals have and other proof of that is the list you made of famous people. how sad.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

he never said everyone is gay, he said that your probably gay, and just afraid of the truth, so you go around bashing the gays to make you feel better, all your doing is twisting the truth, get a life and stop trying to make people feel bad

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Who cares? how exactly does homosexuality harm anyone? Let them make their own decisions. You don't like homosexuality then don't be homosexual yourself. That's about as far as you should go with it, don't make the decisions for anybody else. Someone being attracted to men has absolutely no affect upon you. So keep your mouth shut, it serves no purpose for you to criticize homosexuals.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
A few questions about Homosexuality:

1. Name one healthy aspect of Homosexuality?

2.Explain why every state in the Union HAS voted down same-sex marriage?

3. Name what civilization has embraced homosexuality as the norm, and what happen to that society?

4. Why did society once criminalize sodamy?
[edit on 5/25/2008 by TKainZero]

1. I think there are too many to really pick only one, besides, since it is not a choice it really needs no defending. It's a lot like saying, "Name one healthy aspect of being left handed." The only healthy aspect that I will bother to mention is that is suits the homosexuals just fine.

2. Homophobia

3. I am not sure of your question. By "norm" do you mean a society that expected the majority of its people to be homosexual? I don't believe there was one. If by "norm" you mean a society who decided that homosexuals should not be killed or imprisoned for being homosexual, well the answer here is pretty obvious. Many countries fit that bill and it has not been their downfall.

People often say that since homosexuals do not have children then they are bad for society because they would cause the human race to die off.

Here's something that I hardly ever see mentioned: if everyone had children prolifically then our world would overpopulate much more quickly and our resources would be used up more quickly. If there are no resources, the human race would die off.

So, if we apply the same black and white thinking to heteros that is often applied to homos, then heteros are just as bad for the world.

I believe that the truth lies in the grey area: humans need to reproduce but not every individual human needs to reproduce. Homosexuals provide non-breeders to help keep the breeders in check.

A good fix would be to let more homosexual couples adopt. That way all those kids that are the products of "cool hetero sex" could actually have homes.

4. Again, homophobia would be my guess.
Why did society once condone slavery? Laws change when we outgrow them.

Here's my opinion - gay people have no effect on me, so I don't feel threatened by them, nor do I need to obsess about them.

I must say though, that it isn't fair to marginalize them or give them fewer rights than I have. In my opinion, you homophobes need to keep your noses out of other people's lives and other people's sex. Homosexuals are not hurting you so move on.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It was sad to read all of the fear and hate in the thread, but I think I'll answer the questions as if that weren't a factor.

1. Name one healthy aspect of Homosexuality?

Well, I have found that, like any situation or culture, there is good and bad. Personally, I would credit being gay(actually mostly gay with a chance of bi) and coming out of the closet with helping me to live truthfully, to recognize who I am to the core, helping me question EVERYTHING in my life, and to helping me escape a christian cult. I could have done all of that being straight, but coming out of the closet sped the process up by at least a decade. In fact, if I had to pick a healthiest aspect to Homosexuality, it's that being gay demands a level of self-awareness, self-acceptance and courage that many people don't have.

I was in long-term relationships with women as well, so was shocked at how similiar relationships were. I had been taught all my life how different guys being with guys is (not just physically) but had to laugh when I was IN a relationship with a guy and found it the same. A relationship is a relationship is a relationship. Love is love is love (romantic love between two consenting adults, of course).

2.Explain why every state in the Union HAS voted down same-sex marriage?

Fear, Xenophobia... Also, it seems some people can't stand anyone who doesn't follow what they consider "the rules" to be.

3. Name what civilization has embraced homosexuality as the norm, and what happen to that society?

There are many societies that have and do accept (embrace?) homosexuality. Some of those societies are gone, but you would be hard pressed to make a case that it was due to "the gays."

Gay or gay activity have always been a part of every society.

4. Why did society once criminalize sodomy?

Which society? Probably because fearful people were trying to force others to accept their beliefs. That's happens a lot.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

1. Healthy reason for homosexuality: Curbing Overpopulation. It seems that you feel that the primary function for couples uniting is to reproduce. I feel that it is time for our society to move beyond that since our roads are clogged, our forests are being cut down to provide for human needs, our children are starving, and their are parentless children all over the world. I am in a heterosexual marriage and my husband and I have chosen not to reproduce, partially because there are too many god damn people in the world already. I think it is great that homosexual couples can't reproduce naturally. If they end up with a child it is only because they truly wanted it and went to great lengths (adoption, artificial insemination) to get it, so it will be cared for much better than some of these ragamuffins running around today.
2. States denying same sex marriages: They are old school. Just like when they denied interracial marriages (which I assume you feel was wrong to deny, but if not, I guess that's your opinion). Eventually, all states will allow gay marriages. They are just stuck in an old way of thinking.
3. Civilizations accepting homosexuality: Homosexuality has always been accepted in Thailand and is most notably accepted in the Netherlands. Most countries have gone through periods of public acceptance of gays, and that acceptance has experienced changes and ups and downs through the years, but Greece, the Middle East, China and Africa have all been much more accepting of homosexuality than the US in different periods of time.
4. Laws against sodomy: There have been many silly laws through the years, including laws against ice cream on Sundays and laws requiring horses to wear pants. I put the law against sodomy in this same category. As long as what goes on in the bedroom is between consentual adults, it's no one else's business. You wouldn't ask a heterosexual couple about their sex acts, so it's kind of creepy to start inquiring about anyone else's (including a homosexual's).
This is what always weirds me out about people who try to get in the way of homosexual love - all they are trying to stop is the penis to ass contact or the vagina to vagina contact - the love isn't the problem. All these people are hung up on is the genitals. If you take away the sex and leave the love, they wouldn't have any issues with it, and that's just plain creepy. Everyone deserves love, and human touch goes along with that.
Sorry for the long post - my sister just got married to my new sister-in-law this weekend, and I'm pumped up about trying to get people to see that they and other couples like them deserve just as much love and happiness as I have with my husband.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
What makes you so sure that Homosexuality is a choice?

Homosexuality is not genetic it is a choice, if you can prove that it is I will stand correct but to me its just wrong and not proper think of the smell in the bedroom after ewww.

Or have a good look at two men fornicating and tell me that doesn't look wrong and even feel wrong.

All I know is that since about 3 years ago when this gay,homo thing became all OK to the society we live in, the world is turning scared of this term Gay and it is even considered hate speech, and I don't know about you but, A man couple adopting a son is proper in our day an age now
, to me thats whacked what will happen to this fragile mind seeing his two daddies together, can you say warped reality, or no this is proper reality now! See what I mean ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join