Originally posted by TKainZero
A few questions about Homosexuality:
1. Name one healthy aspect of Homosexuality?
2.Explain why every state in the Union HAS voted down same-sex marriage?
3. Name what civilization has embraced homosexuality as the norm, and what happen to that society?
4. Why did society once criminalize sodamy?
[edit on 5/25/2008 by TKainZero]
1. I think there are too many to really pick only one, besides, since it is not a choice it really needs no defending. It's a lot like saying,
"Name one healthy aspect of being left handed." The only healthy aspect that I will bother to mention is that is suits the homosexuals just
3. I am not sure of your question. By "norm" do you mean a society that expected the majority of its people to be homosexual? I don't believe
there was one. If by "norm" you mean a society who decided that homosexuals should not be killed or imprisoned for being homosexual, well the
answer here is pretty obvious. Many countries fit that bill and it has not been their downfall.
People often say that since homosexuals do not have children then they are bad for society because they would cause the human race to die off.
Here's something that I hardly ever see mentioned: if everyone had children prolifically then our world would overpopulate much more quickly and our
resources would be used up more quickly. If there are no resources, the human race would die off.
So, if we apply the same black and white thinking to heteros that is often applied to homos, then heteros are just as bad for the world.
I believe that the truth lies in the grey area: humans need to reproduce but not every individual human needs to reproduce. Homosexuals provide
non-breeders to help keep the breeders in check.
A good fix would be to let more homosexual couples adopt. That way all those kids that are the products of "cool hetero sex" could actually have
4. Again, homophobia would be my guess.
Why did society once condone slavery? Laws change when we outgrow them.
Here's my opinion - gay people have no effect on me, so I don't feel threatened by them, nor do I need to obsess about them.
I must say though, that it isn't fair to marginalize them or give them fewer rights than I have. In my opinion, you homophobes need to keep your
noses out of other people's lives and other people's sex. Homosexuals are not hurting you so move on.