It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy or Anti Establishment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
How many times have you read along with a thread where at least one if not more post is along the lines of ‘the Government are behind it’ or ‘the Government are up to something’?

I won’t list specific threads but I know we have all seen them. I honestly believe that sometimes the story can be taken at face value, but many seem to be able to find a conspiracy in almost any situation.

Are there really that many conspiracies the Governments are into or behind? Or are we looking too hard to try and find something in order to discredit our political leaders? (not that they are incapable of discrediting themselves) or perhaps we are getting caught up with the media hype and tend to sensationalise the most trivial of events.

Are there in fact members here whose main goal is to push their own agenda of anti Establishment ideals?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It depends on what type of conspiracy.

Also, people need something or someone to blame. It is just how the human brain works.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think you're just the Man trying to confuse us by making it look like conspiracy theories are anti-establisment. *sarcasm*

It seems like whenver ANYTHING bad happens, its the goverment fault. People don't ever blame themselves for problems.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by August Sonereal

Trust me. I am not trying to confuse anything. But if it makes you think about what is written next time you read a thread then it is worth it...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

On a website this big I am sure that there are people here pushing all sorts of agendas. There are also a lot of people who are simply looking at the conspiracy angle of all topics and just generating conversations about it because of the nature of the site.

About the government though, I think there is so much dirt, deception and secrecy involved in our govt that it is very hard to ever believe that they have the peoples best interest in mind.

new topics

top topics

join