It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outpost (2008) - Review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

This review might be a tad biased, considering my personal movie tastes. I love Nazi films, zombie films, post apocalyptic films and conspiracy films and Outpost manages to encompass those 4 genres into one masterpiece.

For a film working with a $200,000 budget it is simply amazing. It has won several awards, and i believe it deserves more.

Ok, enough for the endless praise.

The plot is a nice mix of reality and fantasy, touching on such conspiracies as the Nazi's relationship with the occult and the experiments that resulted, the Philadelphia project and Einstein's change of heart after witnessing the Atomic tests.

There isn't a dull moment in this movie. From beginning to end you are left wondering what will happen next, and it is usually not what you expect.

Star power wise, i doubt any of the actors in the film are well known, but they all play their parts well.

The sets, costumes, props and special effects are all top notch. Being a history buff, it was refreshing to see the right Nazi uniforms used for the right unit/division. All too often historical accuracy is neglected as far as WW2 is concerned.

In closing, SEE THIS MOVIE. It has been described as Platoon meets The Sixth Sense, but i'd say throw in an element of Event Horizon and that'd be close to the mark.

**** / ***** (4 out of 5 stars)

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I agree. The film was very good I thought.

I didn't know they only had a $200,000 budget, that makes it even cooler. The lead in that film also played Titus Pollo in Rome, so you'd think he would've been paid more than that by himself.

I love Nazi films as well, especially because they really were into the occult, so it makes it more creepy as well.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Thanks for the Rome identification. I knew i'd seen him somewhere before, but i couldn't think where.

Oh, and the other merc, the one with the shaggy-ish hair that sticks the knife to the priest's neck, I've seen him in something before as well, but i can't remember.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

the movie was good especially for its budget, would also watch the sequel! Little disturbing with the violence though!!

new topics

top topics

join