It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memories of Iraq (and a Ghost of a victim) Haunted Soldier Until Suicide!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This sounds like something straight out of a Hollywood Movie...I wonder how many soldiers experience this type of phenomenon and never report it?

WASHINGTON — Until the day he died, Sgt. Brian Rand believed he was being haunted by the ghost of the Iraqi man he killed.

The ghost choked Rand while he slept in his bunk, forcing him to wake up gasping for air and clawing at his throat.

He whispered that Rand was a vampire and looked on as the soldier stabbed another member of Fort Campbell's 96th Aviation Support Battalion in the neck with a fork in the mess hall.

Eventually, the ghost told Rand he needed to kill himself.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Story continues:

As the war dragged on and Rand was sent first to Kuwait, then Iraq, he told family members that he felt torn about the things he saw.

Once while wounded soldiers were being evacuated by helicopter in the Green Zone in central Baghdad, Rand waved at a man he knew. The man turned and Brian saw that half of the man's face was ripped off.

Brian later told his sister he was shocked by how white the bones looked under the flesh.

Then one day, while standing guard near the Green Zone, Rand killed an Iraqi man.

"The spirit of the man that he killed didn't leave him, it kept harassing him," Somdahl said of her brother. "He said this guy is following me around in the mess hall, he's trying to kill me. I told him to leave me alone but he says he wants to take me with him.''

What a true tragedy war is...The death, destruction, and suffering from all sides epitomizes all that needs correction of our entire species IMHO...

Full Story:
www.mcclatchydc.com...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I do believe there are ghosts, but this could be psychosis brought on by extreme PTSD. The war has caused countless mental casualties. DOnt get me started on those vaccines!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by raven bombshell
I do believe there are ghosts, but this could be psychosis brought on by extreme PTSD. The war has caused countless mental casualties. DOnt get me started on those vaccines!

I have to agree with you. That's most likely PTSD in the extreme. And, it can also be part of the vaccines that are injected in to us when we go there. I feel bad for the guy, he went out bad. Had some huge mental problems there. These things happen. I've not had any trouble in this department, but it can't be ruled out as never to happen. PTSD can take a while to hit you.

top topics

join