It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your experience with a shadow person

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
These things exist in my house. I have seen them all of my life. In the house that I am in now, I see them about three times a week. They usually give a very uncomfortable feeling in the area when they are present. Like, you know they know that you have noticed them. For me, it is best that I just leave the room. Until I do, I can still feel that feeling that I am being watched. I don't know why these things are always around me.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
How can you call them a shadow person?
Isn't a person referring to a living flesh coated human being?
A shadow is just a distortion of light.
Wouldn't it be best to call them a shadow entity?
Or just a spectral apparition?
Because clearly we don't refer to spirits poltergeists energies ghosts demons and the like, as people.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i'm sure i've seen a shadow person, a dark figure out of the corner of my eye, it has happened a few times now but never full on to my face, do you think these shadow people make a noise at all because i'm sure i heard my name called one time, maybe i'm going mad

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
im not sure if i've encountered a shadow person or a demonic spirit...
though it'd probably be a demonic spirit...

its a bit hard to know what a shadow person is because they obviously don’t explained them selves, if that micro black hole thing stands... how on earth do you know this... read it somewhere? or is it a person beliefe.

on the other hand demonic spirits do exists and do freely travel from this plane of existence and there own

i ignorantly invited any spirit to join me in a sleep trance while practicing necromancery.

one did... and it wasn’t a human spirit, in short... it tried to badly hurt me i wrote about the experience
under Necromancery

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yea i have seen a weird black thing but it was not a personne.. i live in north alberta and we have no vultures .. but i seen someting it was like a raven but 4 times as big. it had black ruffled feathers and a big beck. i looked it up .... is dose not exsited ...any help??

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have never seen one that manifested itself in the shape of a bird only a man no other living creature ill get back to you on that one.

ASK ASK ASK PEOPLE I NEED QUESTIONS!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Grim Shroud

...Who said they saw one as a bird?
You know, it really doesn't surprise me, although to be fair, there are ravens and crows. But still. There are also them in the forms of cats, so i hear, along with large orbs and a variety of personlike forms. But they really don't at all deserve to be called shadow "people".

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Levita i recived your U2U and i decided to say a formal goodbye to you [for now...] so everyone a moment of solence for one of my most beloved posters LEVITA she has left ATS for a while or perhaps forever so lets hope we can get some more people like her to ask some new stuff.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Interestinggg,

They're called shadow persons because they often are sorta human shaped or anthropamorphic but not exactly, they literally look like moving shadows of a human-ish shaped something. They also hide out in the shadows but are generally darker than the shadows themselves and they sorta stand out.

They like to stay in your periphery vision but if you turn your head fast enough you can see one dead on.

They are usually about 4 feet tall. but some are full human sized.

The one I saw was 100% shaped like a muscular human, was sentient and we made "eye contact" not that it had any eyes. It was a solid black mass. And blacker than black. Like it was devoid of any light. I suspect the one I talked about earlier in this thread was more of an interdimesional like being and not a paranormal in the ghost like sense sort of being. although as i've stated before I did grow up in a haunted house and saw plenty of shadow beings in the more traditional sense which are more like the ones I mentioned in this post.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the Thread Grimm, it's very interesting.

In my bedroom in an old apartment of mine I saw a shadow about the size of a small dog, but it was on my ceiling, it moved into the shadows in the corner of the room and I couldn't see it anymore. It creeped me out, so I slept in the living room on the couch that night.

Could this have been a shadow entity or something else entirely? You said that you hadn't heard of "shadow birds". Have you heard of or seen them taking on shapes other than human?

My apologies if you have already answered this question. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skamindy77
Thanks for the Thread Grimm, it's very interesting.

In my bedroom in an old apartment of mine I saw a shadow about the size of a small dog, but it was on my ceiling, it moved into the shadows in the corner of the room and I couldn't see it anymore. It creeped me out, so I slept in the living room on the couch that night.

Could this have been a shadow entity or something else entirely? You said that you hadn't heard of "shadow birds". Have you heard of or seen them taking on shapes other than human?

My apologies if you have already answered this question. Thank you.

Yes, they do sometimes take on the shape of something toher than humans because human form is what you could say sort of inadaqute for what they are doing so to answer your question yes i have seen them in other shapes and forms thanks for asking this question and no i have not already answered it nice to see a new person on the board maybe ill get some interesting questions from you hope to see more soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Please, come up with something that is not our basic theory reworded.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Oh so now all the experiences people have had with shadow beings over the centuries are YOUR theories?

OK that's rich.

how bout I've seen them. I can explain how they look, how they act. I've interacted with a few.

I can say that there are more than a few entities out there that could be considered 'Shadow People '

One I believe to be maybe something interdimensional. The other possibly a ghost like entity.

People have all pretty much come to the same concensus about shadow people. In fact the the mere fact that you seem so controlling and insecure about "your" theories, which are really everybody else's theories, makes me think you have no real experience with "shadow people" at all.

lets not forget that people have seen these things, for well, since the dawn of man, and that just about every body has plagiarized YOUR theories thousands of years ago.

What they built a time machine ripped your precious ideas off and went back in time and told their buddies YOUR theories? what then they give the keys back to doc Brown and off he went in his magical time machine delorian? he went back in time thousands of years to get some guy who saw a ghost or possibly an interdimensional entity brought him to your time hid in your closet watched you mumble to your self while typing YOUR theories out on ATS. snuck back in the time machine and went back a thousand years. all to steal your glory.

You really think your the first person to see a wraith like entity and think that maybe they come from some other dimension or reality. really? you really believe that you are some genius that came up with that idea.

hardly.

So I guess this thread is only for people in YOUR click? Lets not forget that a click to an outside observer is merely nothing more than an enclosed circle of asses.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ozvulcan
I bloody hate shadow people!!!
I used to see them all the time when i was a kid, my family lived in a two-storey unit and it seems that they preferred to appear only on the second floor which was were my bedroom was, situated with a clear view of the hallway. The bastard things used to 'move' up and down the hallway in and out of my room every night every now and then, i was only 10 years old at the time so of course i was scared silly i didn't dare get out of bed during the night and slept with my face to the wall all night just incase if i turned over there would be one next to the bed looking at me
. I tried to tell my parents but the didn't believe me, this went on for a few years until we moved to the country and there were times when they actually gave me an intense feeling of dread. Thankfully they didn't follow us and i havn't seem the since and good riddence to them!

When I first started reading this thread I thought it was interesting...then rubbish.

But after reading this post I must have had a flashback to experiences in my own childhood. My experiences happened only when I was living on the first story of my house and only when I was a child. (5-10 years old.) I always perceived them as dark orbs, or small figures. I never thought twice about it and assumed it was just bad dreams or night terrors or something. I remember hiding in the bathroom with the lights on as I knew I was safe there in the middle of the night. Years later I mentioned something to my dad about strange occurrences at our house when I was younger. He told me that one of our live in maids, who was from deep in Mexico, quit one day and told him she she could not work at our house any longer. When he asked her why he expected a normal reason, but instead she told him it was because of the "Monitos." My dad said she was scared to death and saw them in the night in our house. It sent chills up my spine as it finally confirmed what I had always rationalized as dreams. I must have found some way to ignore them or get them to leave me alone because eventually the interactions ceased. I do not know if these are "shadow people" but I do know that I did not like them, and that I got the idea they wanted to "play" with me, or at least in kid terms. Even now thinking back on these experiences, that were quite frequent, is strange and somewhat unsettling.

I'd have two questions for the OP:

1. Do you know how to attract these shadow people?

2. What is the method you use to make them leave?

Just as another poster noted, just talking about this makes me wonder if I will see something like that again. What an eerie topic.

Thank you for sharing, especially the ozvulcan for recounting their story.

posted on Oct, 18 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
To answer your questions so here goes
*takes deep breath* havent gottena good question like this in a while =)

#1- attracting a shadow person is possible but difficult becasue they througth what i know are attracted to people with slight and I mean SLIGHT psyonic abilities the person may not be able to use them or even know they are there but if a person see's shadow people on a daily basis then you might have traces of psyonics or other abilities, but if you see the odd shadow person maybe once a week this is most likely not the case
im talking like the extent i see them i see maybe.....5-10 daily so for me they are quite a common occurence i have just learned to live with it its not that bad after u get used to it so theres ur first question answered as best as i can.

#2-there are "ways" of dealing with shadow mpeople most people arnt capeable of these ways but others are.....I wont go into detail right now about how i "dispose" of them but maybe later anyway back to the point, but one of my friends uses fire like when is bothering her she will take out a lighter and wave it near them and according to her it gets rid of them quite effectivly so you could try that, or just try the method most commonly used by people who see a few a week just ignore it act like its not even there even if it does anything physical to get your attention IGNORE it no matter what and it should either dissapate or go away for a bit but other than that be creative experience is after all the best teacher so try your own ways of getting them to stop bothering you if they are a common occurence with you as they are with me and Xangi if u find a way that works for you post it up here to let others know it is effective and maybe it will work for them too but other than that thats all i can think of to answer your second question let me know if i let anything out.

The way i get rid of them is one of the "ways" i described up top ill give u more info on a later date but dont worry youll get in in due time but ill tell you this the way i do it completely gets "rid" of themmore info to come other than that

Thanks for posting and hope to see more from you soon.

***** ANY PRIVATE MESSAGES YOU NEED TO ASK ME JUST "U2U" ME AND ILL PERSONALY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION IT WILL BE PRIVATE NO ONE ELSE WILL KNOW I CHECK DAILY SO DONT BE SHY PEOPLE =) *****

[edit on 18-10-2008 by Grim Shroud]

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Grimm Shroud,

I like your disposition. I feel that I can have an honest conversation regarding these shadow entities with you. you have a more mature approach to this topic.

I am interested in your thoughts regarding attracting these entities.

Like I've said I've seen the typical 3 foot tall shadow people that I believe are ghosts. I feel I understand them fairly well.

But,

The possible interdimensional entity that I saw that one time in my backyard (separate house from the ghost like shadow people, later on in my life), could I have attracted it somehow through meditation. At that time I was heavy into ch'an (zen) meditation.

Sorta like existential meditation. not really thinking of anything while doing it but an attempt to erase the ego and 'merge' with the universe. Basically if you do it really intensely and enough with the right focus. you sort of have a out of body experience. you literally feel like your soul is merging with the rest of the universe almost on a quantum level. (satori)

Is it possible that when in this altered state my soul or spirit or whatever came close enough to the other reality or dimension to have brought something back, or allowed something to come back with me. maybe have attracted enough attention that it came over to my side and was visible in my existence or dimension.

At the time I saw and interacted with this thing I was not meditating. I had a serious session of it earlier in the day though. could it have been attracted to or summoned by this intense meditation in some way.

sorry about my discourse with your friend on this thread. I harbor no angst against you though.

your thoughts on this would be really cool.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I'm sorry, WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST SAY! I said "OUR", not "my". It is OUR theory because it is a theory that people on this board helped to come up with, not MY theory because I did not create it. So try to get your primitive brain cells to work a little bit before you use your fingers to type a post on this board. Oh, did I say "cells", I meant "cell". I swear, this is why I try not to post anymore, because SOMEONE always flames you for telling them the truth. By the way, you are right about your theory, but it really isn't your theory, because all the people on this board came up with it. I have seen and killed more "Shadow People", as you people call them, than you or anyone you know so don't even talk to me about knowing things.

And it's spelled Clique not Click, and I don't belong to one.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What are you a ghost buster. you have an ecto containment unit in your basement? what do you use positron guns (remember not to cross the beams if you do use one)

Or do you just use harsh language and that "kills" them.

You are a slayer of interdimensional entities? umm...OK..sure you are.

Sorry if I don't believe you. your theory is really one of many that have been around for a long time.

I don't believe I ever wrote a thesis on my theory in this thread since I don't have one regarding this phenomena. All I've done is describe my experiences with these things, and explain to somebody as to why they are called "shadow people"

Go fly off the handle some more.

Now my question is this. Since I've never seen any type of shadow creature act hostile towards anything, I don't know why you would be trying to exterminate them.

The ghost like shadow creatures usually do two things. dart around like they are residual haunts. or try to avoid you when you do see them. move deeper into the shadows. try to stay in your periphery or disappear into another room. they are harmless. although I've heard of a few trying to intimidate people, but not actually harm anybody. Personally I've never seen them do anything hostile.

As for the interdimensional entities (possibly interdimensional) The one I saw was very calm and although powerfully built never made any quick or intimidating moves. looked more like he was feeling me out as I was him. he looked right at me paused, seemed to be thinking, then turned around and went his separate ways.

The experience wasn't frightening at all. In fact if it trusted me more it may have come over and had a conversation for all I know. And if it had approached me I wouldn't have been afraid. it was acting very gentile. if not indifferent towards me other than generally curious about me.

Maybe these entities attack you because you seem so hostile your self. seriously they could have been defending them selves from you.

The only person I know who said that they were attacked by shadow beings claimed that they were demonic incubi and he was on a lot of drugs at the time and was having nervous breakdown about once every other week. so he's not reputable. but I've never seen a hostile one.

But about my meditation thing. whats your opinion on it possibly attracting these creatures.

It's not like I don't want to hear your thoughts on this phenomena (I do) I just don'tt need your insecure vitriol with it. I never did any thing mean towards you until you came up with some snide remark out of nowhere about me. Why? it wan't warranted.

so about meditation and attracting these entities? your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

LOL, positron guns, ok. Since you asked, I will answer, and add a little bit more. Meditation, if done by a person with enough power (more on that later in the post), theoretically could attact a "shadow person". Also, the reason that "interdimensional being" just looked and walked away is most likely because, honestly no offense, you don't have anything it wants. It would have attacked you if you did have "power". I kill shadow beings because they attack me.

Also, positrons are a positive electrons, and they annihilate on contact with normal electrons, so a "positron beam" is a very ineffective weapon. Also, nothing would happen if you crossed 2 positron beams.
^ is a joke

By power, I mean abilities beyond standard human ones. these include anything from telekinesis (which I have yet to prove exists) to enhanced muscular structure. You may laugh at me now.... Ok I assume you are done now. If you think about it, you will see all of this is very logical. Normal people, they hide from, special people, they attack and, in rare cases, (laugh if you want) possess. I have no idea to their motives, (well I have some but I would perfer not to voice them), but I do know they can be very dangerous.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join