It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Number 27? (yes, 27, not 23)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
All my life I've been coming across the number 27 constantly. I've never thought about it 'till now, but 27 is the number I see the most in my life. It has no signifinance (sp) that I can think of, like 60, 7, 13, 180, 360, etc... It's becoming like in the movie "The Number 23," I just can't escape that damn number. Why's it following me???

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
27? Why though? What are the supposed correlations you are making that somehow implicate the number 27 and not others? My birthday is 12/17 (notice the 27 connection). Other than that I don't really know of any others.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
It's following you because your allowing it to, if you stop looking for it subconsciously, you'll stop seeing it. That's the biggest trick about those things. My brother has the same situation going for him. Every day he notices a different coincidence. on 11/11 he'll look at the clock twice in the same day right at 11:11 and not know how it happened. Or on 3/15 he'll be driving, look at the time on the song he's listening to and it'll be at 3:15. It's all subconsciousness. Try getting yourself immersing yourself into another number, that could divert your situation, same basis but different actions!!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The mind is a powerful lens. Some people get so caught up in the significance of certain information, it becomes a world indistinguishable from this one. You create your reality. Change your mind to change your world.

LT

[edit on 25-5-2008 by telepath]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mr. wildflowers

Adding 2 and 7 gives you 9. In both Pythagorean and Chaldean numerology the number 9 is considered a very powerful number. The number representing the Universe itself. It is material in nature (material as in matter), the beginning and the end and it represents electricity/energy.

It cannot be destroyed. Multiply it as many times you want with itself and it will always end up as a 9. For example: 7x9=63 (6+3=9) or 254x9=2286 (2+2+8+6=18, 1+8=9)

Add all the numbers in our numerical system and you get a 9: 0+1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9=45 (4+5=9)

The 9 also gives life to other numbers. 9+1 is 10 which is 1 again. 9+2 is 11 which is 2 again etc.

The compound number of 27 is according to Chaldean numerology a number of karmic reward. A fortunate number of courage and power with a touch of enchantment. The number 27 could indicate that you should carry out your original idea or plan without being intimidated or influenced by the opinions or oppositions of others.

Source: Star Signs by Linda Goodman

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't think about it till just now, but my birthday's on the 27th, too. I'm really scared now

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
My birthday is also on the 27th and I see the number everywhere. I've gotten used to it, been noticing it since I was like 5.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by screamo

very valid,and most probably right argument. But on the flip side,what if this number patern is something else. There've been alot of people noticing numbers (myself included) What if,and this is a long shot,but what if there is something to all this cryptonumerology. And that it is the brain trying to wake up or something. By ignoring it,you could be shutting yourself out of something.

Notice lots of "coulds" and "what ifs" in that little post. basicly meaning that I'm not into it as such,but I'm willing to look further into it without dissmissing it straight away.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
What exactly is "cryptonumerology?" I've never even heard that term.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
My birthday is Feb. 7 (2-7)

Three people in my family have birthdays on the 27th (all in different months)

Two people in my family have died on the 27th (different months)

Another in my family has a bday on the 13th (basically half of 27)

It's pretty freaky for me...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
my friend died on 4/27/04 and for some reason i tend to notice the numbers 427 or just 27 everywhere. it is quite odd

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
27 = 3 * 3 * 3

333 + 333 = 666

Coincidence......I dont think so.....

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Everyone's coming up with several instances of The Number 17 in their lives. Choronzon's was especially disturbing. I've also noticed many birthdays on that day. Could there be more to this number than we think?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
OK,
I've thought about doing a post on this, but never got around to it. I'm not much into numerology, etc., but my wife thinks this is strange..

My second daughter (I only have two) was born on Feb. 7th, 2005 (2/7).
She was born at exactly 2:07 PM.

I thought it was a neat coincidence, and it made the date easier to remember, but my wife started coming up with other 2/7 combinations related to our second daughter such as:

My wife was 27 when she was concieved.

This daughter is the 2nd grandchild for my wife's parents and the 7th grandchild for my parents.

There were a couple more, but I'll have to ask my wife what they are when I get home...

I am not freaked out or bothered by any of this, because to me it's all coincidental. I am not really superstitious, but if nothing else these will have to be her "lucky numbers"...

Long live the number 27!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
WAY to many "coincidences" for them to be coincidences, especially related to births. I was born on the 27th, and the when you multiply the digits of the year I was born (I'm not gonna share my age here,) you get 27. I think that there's more to this number than we think. Maybe it's gonna be 2727, instead of 2012

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Interesting web site I just found, by someone with thoughts like mine:

www.chrismore.com...

This is very disturbing.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr. wildflowers
WAY to many "coincidences" for them to be coincidences, especially related to births. I was born on the 27th, and the when you multiply the digits of the year I was born (I'm not gonna share my age here,) you get 27. I think that there's more to this number than we think. Maybe it's gonna be 2727, instead of 2012

Coincidences wouldnt happen if humans didnt notice them. Its all in your head. Coincidences are just random events that we apply meaning to. Its just like when you get a new car you start to notice them all over. its not that there are more cars like yours all of a suddden its just that you notice them.

Try switching numbers and start looking for them, i'm sure you will start to see them all the time. I'm sure there is a certain group who see 420 all the time but it has to do with them looking for it. Random occurances of numbers happen all the time whether we see them or not. Its just when we see them we try to apply meaning to those numbers.

But have fun trying to find the deeper meaning of a random number. There are several examples of people losing their minds in search of meaning in randomness. John Nash comes to mind.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Hmm, I just noticed that My mum comes from a family of 7 siblings, I am the second child, I have one sister who shares both parents (together thats two) and i have two siblings from separate parents.

Only thing I can think of though.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr. wildflowers
All my life I've been coming across the number 27 constantly. I've never thought about it 'till now, but 27 is the number I see the most in my life. It has no signifinance (sp) that I can think of, like 60, 7, 13, 180, 360, etc... It's becoming like in the movie "The Number 23," I just can't escape that damn number. Why's it following me???

27 is a very interesting number - for the following reason:

If you assume 27 hours in a 'day' instead of 24 hours - mathematical relationships between the (new) speed of light; gravity and other interesting things - become apparent. Whereas they will never be detected using a 24-hour-per-day approach.

Bruce Cathie spotted this years ago, and it is the basis for a lot of his research.

For what it is worth, L. Ron Hubbard must have known this also - as it is buried as a major plot item in his book "Battlefield Earth".

Duncan

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine
If you assume 27 hours in a 'day' instead of 24 hours - mathematical relationships between the (new) speed of light; gravity and other interesting things - become apparent. Whereas they will never be detected using a 24-hour-per-day approach.

Interesting, but that makes absolutely no sense to me, lol. Could you possibly explain that a little further?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join