It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blaze 'sets off Russian rockets'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Blaze 'sets off Russian rockets'

news.bbc.co.uk

A fire at an air base arms depot in north-western Russia has reportedly set off several missiles, but caused no deaths or injuries.

Amateur video shows what appear to be at least two rockets zigzagging through a clear afternoon sky around the Lodeynoe Pole base near St Petersburg.

Unofficial sources say that at least 400 air-to-air rockets were damaged at a cost of about $82m (£41m).

Friday's fire apparently began during repairs when workers were on a break.

Col-Gen Aleksandr Zelin, commander-in-chief of the Russian Air Force, confirmed a number of air-to-air-missiles had exploded in the fire.

Earlier, an air force spokesman, Col Alexander Drobyshevsky, denied that any rockets had taken to the air as a result of the incident.
(visit the link for the full news article)
http//news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7418860.stm

[edit on 25-5-2008 by FranzzzNL]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well ok this happend this weekend in russia and acording to a russian high ranking air force officer "no missiles" where gone off becouse of the blaze yeah right!!! the civilians near the tragedy site had to practicaly run for their lives becoz of zigzaging missles!! but tragedy's like these r the kinds that makes other nuclear powers uneasy and an automatic retaliation by missinterpetation is glooming in my mind !! fortunatly that didnt happend otherwise i wouldnt be posting this, but i wanted to share this with u ppl

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7418860.stm]
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-5-2008 by FranzzzNL]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Ongoing news discussion...

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

join