It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is not about science its about history.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It is not about science its about history.

Everyone is always talking about science, and / or religion, oh how they do it too, with such passion and conviction, as if science and religion are all that.

What I thought I would do is tell you guys what its really all about, just so anyone who wants to can see for themselves how people around here, and mostly everywhere in that regard, actually have little or no interest in denying ignorance or knowing the truth like they claim.

I did this on another forum and it drew total and absolute ridicule in general, but by people in particular who think science or religion to be important, it evoked vicious attacks on my character without cause.

Being a holy man sucks sometimes, because I get attacked for nothing a lot, but it is something you learn to live with when you are sincere in your desire to do His will.

Gods glory and power are made manifest in my inability to handel the attacks, that is why I don't mind to much, God will be shown to be in me and with me and that is what I am all about.

Science is the final step in the devolution of human history.

In general we don't think spiritual things important or real, but nevertheless I have lots of experience with spiritual things.

There are maybe only a handful of people alive today who know the things about the manifestation of holy spirit that I do.

In my area of concern I am one of the best still living and breathing.

We are all different, and yet each of us unique and important to things, in our own ways.

At the place and at the time appointed it will not matter what any of us believe, we are all in this boat together like it or not, and there is only one direction we are going.

You can believe in God you can not believe, it will not alter our march forward, because everything happens someday as far as the human condition is concerned.

History is not hidden any more than God is hidden.

The things of the spirit of God are spiritually discerned, to the natural mind the things of God are foolishness.

Both Religion and science are the product of the natural mind.

The way history and all of reality for that matter actually works, versus the way we perceive it to work, is the problem.

Things of the spirit are more real literally than things of the flesh, our reality is the product of a greater reality at work, a manifestation if you will, we are deceived by our own senses and believe the reverse to be the case, that is why history seems hidden to us, religion safe, and science awe inspiring.

Look, a thought in your mind exists in a reality that is the product of a greater reality, us and the universe exist in a reality that is the product of a greater reality, similar to the way thoughts exist.

One way to see us and our history, even the whole of the universe and reality, is existing as nothing more than a thought in the mind of God, we exist as a lesser reality the construct and evidence of a greater reality.

Now I am not saying that is the way it is literally, that we are actually a thought in the mind of God, I am saying think of our existence in that way, only it is the spiritual that all of our reality exists in, and God is the Spirit.

All of human history revolves around supernatural events, it moves first from the power of all in all with true spirituality, then it declines to the control of power in the hands of a few through religion, from there it continues its decline in attempts to regain power by natural means through science.

Mankind is saved from the destructive forces unleashed through our exploitation of the sciences by divine intervention, initiating a return to the spiritual, beginning the process anew of rising and falling from spirituality to religion to science back to spirituality until we reach the end of our history in this age and the start of the new eternity.

When we overcome our egos it becomes obvious, we are not that important, God does not need us for anything, God is free of need or want He is all powerful, if He chose to He could raise up another people even another universe form our dust.

God does not need us we need Him, people just need to get over themselves and the physical material draw of things.

The truth about science and religion has been spoken here, when you understand what I have said, then you will know the meaninglessness of them both, and the futility of our weak desires and ambitions to be as Gods in our own worlds.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by newday]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Now you should listen to me because I am a scientist, so of course I am smarter than you. Science is the one true religion. It is the only ultimate truth.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Have you ever thought that science is a sort of Anti-Christ, I mean it offers humanity hope of salvation through the religion of progress, but in the end can only give us the means to destroy ourselves?

Science says, "let me show you the way forward to a better tomorrow," the irony of it all is our dependence on science is destroying the planet without which there can be no tomorrow.

Science can only feed our corruption, in the end we will use it to kill every living thing, because we will come to believe that is the best we can do scientifically speaking, progress will demand it..

It works the same with religion it is a sort of Anti-Christ also, inviting us to freedom by the ringing of bells, but only able to deliver bondage, demanding we offer the energy of our lives in exchange for chains of dogma and ritual, feeding on the weakness of our flesh.

Religion is a whore, our reprobate minds her trick, science the bastard child of their union, a free market born into skin and bone, filled with hate and rage for having been cast into this world an abomination, ever desiring its cup be filled with our blood, incapable of knowing or giving love, separated from the life that is in God.

What has been loosed on earth?

Shall not it also be loosed in heaven?

Do we not know, can we not see?

Behold I lifted up mine eye and my spirit was lifted, my body lay behind me, and I heard a voice roaring in my ears saying, "what is this you have done, where is thy brother?"

Lord, has the ground proclaimed the names of all who have fallen unjustly without ceasing day and night for all these long years?

"Vengeance is mine I shall repay."

In your time will I begin again the separation of man, all must be divided.

Return and wait for the sign which shall come, which the prophets have spoken saying, "I come bearing the seal and the book, is there any righteous among this people who might open and cause us to know its meaning?"

The sun must be darkened, there must be blood upon the moon, then shall I put my finger in the third part of the waters and they shall become bitter, the stench of it poison to that which breadths the air, and the touch of it soar boils upon the flesh of all things.

Turn not to them which shall say, "this is as always, nothing has changed all continues as before, where is there a God which should permit such a thing, surely He does evil."

Unto them shall my wrath be multiplied for they harden themselves against me without cause, knowing but refusing to understand seeing but yet blind.

Hasten thy preparations for the time draws near.

I don't know about you but those are the kinds of things that interest me, spiritual things not science or religion.

Do you think science or religion have the answers or will ever discover the answer we need?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by newday

No science is reality. You just believe in fairy tales. Science is the source of all truth. You are just suffering from ignorant delusions.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
When science and religion conflit on matters of fact, science generally wins.

Science isn't all it's cracked up to be though. There are many so-called skeptics who claim to speak from a scientific point of view but are stuck with the 'science' they learned in high-school in the 1960's.

When scientific investigation ceases to be curious and starts to be dogmatic then those promoting it are as bad as the flat-earthers and creationists.

I suspect there are many presumptions that are taught as scientific facts these days that will one day be treated with the derision now reserved for medieval supertision.

When religous belief contradicts scince it pays to look very carefully at the evidence in question before jumping to conclusions either way.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DickieDee

No science is reality.

Science is reality that is funny, what is real about science?

Science is the investigation of the natural world, which cannot be validated as even existing as our reality.

Only consciousness can be proven to exists as a valid reality by science, everything else is, and always will be, not a question of a reality such as the existence of consciousness, but of the non-perceptual definitions of the material substance of the universe.

You just believe in fairy tales.

Are you going to die, is that a fairytale, will science save you?

Thinking that science offers mankind hope, that is believing a fairytale.

All science offers without the guidance of God is a means to destroy ourselves, and all religion offers without the power of God is an excuse to exploit the means of science.

If you believe anything other than that you are not rational.

Science is the source of all truth.

Ouch, that one is going to come back and bite you hard very soon if that is what you truly believe.

People who think science is our truth are simply gullible atheists in my opinion, equal in degrees of closed mindedness only to their counter parts the gullible Christians.

You are just suffering from ignorant delusions.

Those who put their trust in religion or science are the ones who end up with delusions, delusions of grandeur.

The power of God is very real, it is here for the purpose of allowing anyone who chooses, to put it on trial.

Nature exist as a medium for us to experience the presence of God, so that we need not trust ourselves or our limited perceptions of things, but God who gives faith to all who seek Him.

However we can be very lazy, it is in our nature, that is why people ask that others prove to them that God exists, but the truth of God is only for others and science to disprove

If a scientist says prove the existence of God, then tell them it is their job as a scientist to disprove His existence if they want to know, it is not someone else's job to prove things for science, anymore than it is someone else's job to prove the truth for them, every man must make their own sacrifice.

Would you go back in time and tell Darwin not to bother looking for evidence to prove or disprove his belief in his theory of evolution?

Science has never proven or disproved God, so why should scientists be telling people not to bother looking for evidence to prove or disprove their belief, isn't that what science supposedly is all about?

What is science so afraid of?

When God has me perform a miracle, only to myself and the people involved does it serve as evidence of the spiritual, to those who do not desire to believe there can always be found an explanation, it is for their sake.

Love demands that all those who wish it, be able to deny His presence in their lives and in our world.

Often I have commanded great showings of the power of God.

I know what is accomplished is not by my own power, but those who witness it, with the exception usually of a few of my friends, always have some reason for how it is possible without God.

Of course they are right, it is scientifically possible to do the impossible, only I am not using science, that is just their delusion searching for a way to survive within them.

The psychological implications of coming face to face with the truth after having lived and worked so hard for so long in denial can be catastrophic, if this were not the case God would happily manifest Himself in all of our lives, He would not need to wait on us to believe He is.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by newday]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by newday

Science is reality that is funny, what is real about science?

Science and science alone determines reality. Your beliefs are ancient fictional tales.

Are you going to die, is that a fairytale, will science save you?

Thinking that science offers mankind hope, that is believing a fairytale.

All science offers without the guidance of God is a means to destroy ourselves, and all religion offers without the power of God is an excuse to exploit the means of science.

If you believe anything other than that you are not rational.

No I have a cryogenics plan to live for eternity by science. Hence I am eternal.

Science is the only hope. there is nothing else but children's tales.

Science is the source of all truth. There is no other truth.

Ouch, that one is going to come back and bite you hard very soon if that is what you truly believe.

People who think science is our truth are simply gullible atheists in my opinion, equal in degrees of closed mindedness only to their counter parts the gullible Christians.

Belief in deity is gullible. You might as well worship a flying tea pot. Just

Those who put their trust in religion or science are the ones who end up with delusions, delusions of grandeur.

The power of God is very real, it is here for the purpose of allowing anyone who chooses, to put it on trial.

We have put it on trial its a fiction. No evidence at all. Please return to reality.

Nature exist as a medium for us to experience the presence of God, so that we need not trust ourselves or our limited perceptions of things, but God who gives faith to all who seek Him.

However we can be very lazy, it is in our nature, that is why people ask that others prove to them that God exists, but the truth of God is only for others and science to disprove

No its lazy to believe in something magical instead of using science to determine reality. Poor sheep.

If a scientist says prove the existence of God, then tell them it is their job as a scientist to disprove His existence if they want to know, it is not someone else's job to prove things for science, anymore than it is someone else's job to prove the truth for them, every man must make their own sacrifice.

Would you go back in time and tell Darwin not to bother looking for evidence to prove or disprove his belief in his theory of evolution?

Science has never proven or disproved God, so why should scientists be telling people not to bother looking for evidence to prove or disprove their belief, isn't that what science supposedly is all about?

What is science so afraid of?

Science has only to fear ignorant fools stopping our progress with supernatural fictions .

When God has me perform a miracle, only to myself and the people involved does it serve as evidence of the spiritual, to those who do not desire to believe there can always be found an explanation, it is for their sake.

Love demands that all those who wish it, be able to deny His presence in their lives and in our world.

Often I have commanded great showings of the power of God.

I know what is accomplished is not by my own power, but those who witness it, with the exception usually of a few of my friends, always have some reason for how it is possible without God.

Of course they are right, it is scientifically possible to do the impossible, only I am not using science, that is just their delusion searching for a way to survive within them.

The psychological implications of coming face to face with the truth after having lived and worked so hard for so long in denial can be catastrophic, if this were not the case God would happily manifest Himself in all of our lives, He would not need to wait on us to believe He is.

Science can accomplish anything given enough time. Soon your primitive beliefs will be forgotten.

[edit on 31-5-2008 by DickieDee]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Science shmience... science is just little boys playing with Gods materials and thinking they know something. They didn';t make the toys or even understand how to play with them yet. mere children. like two years olds me me me me me denying the creator.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reverend SamuelTophatJack
Science shmience... science is just little boys playing with Gods materials and thinking they know something. They didn';t make the toys or even understand how to play with them yet. mere children. like two years olds me me me me me denying the creator.

Rev,

He doesn't understand that any one can prove God by manifesting spiritual power so he thinks it is all fairytales.

Which he is right about religion if it has no power it is a fairytale.

God is all powerful, if a man says that God is with him and in him, but is powerless, then that man is a liar regardless his religious belief.

Religion denies the power of God, that is why it always leads people to turn to science for help.

Religion can't help people it can only keep them powerless, it is a form of slavery.

The power of God in signs and wonders is how a man sees the goodness of God and knows the true believer.

It is only when a man sees the goodness of God in manifestation, can the man change his mind.

If God leaves us powerless to overcome the things of this world then how can He be good?

Science offers men the power and glory of this world because it can, and it is right that men think science real and religion a fairytale when in science there is the seeing of truth and power with the eyes, but in religion there is only the offering of blind belief with no demonstration of truth or power.

Would God have men powerless?

If it is true that God would have us empowered, then would not God who is love desire that men have science over religion seeing that science can give them power and comfort and religion only powerlessness and sorrow?

Hear the word of the Lord God I am commanded to speak and be lifted up in your understanding.

What I say again, I did not receive from any man nor did I hear it from any, but it came by the voice of the Lord upon my heart a blessing of joy.

Science without the guidance of God offers us the means to our destruction and religion without the power of God offer us the excuse to exploit the means of science, and it is right we should.

It is the way of man that the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This thread is so idiotic I'm not even going to waste my time with it.

I'm just pretty sure that the billions of people alive today because science has saved them will disagree with your willful ignorance. If you want to live like a caveman, goodbye. Stop using your evil computer and leave us alone.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
This thread is so idiotic I'm not even going to waste my time with it.

I'm just pretty sure that the billions of people alive today because science has saved them will disagree with your willful ignorance. If you want to live like a caveman, goodbye. Stop using your evil computer and leave us alone.

See how science is from anti-christ..

Does the person who wrote the above paragraph not believe science to be mankind's salvation?

Is not a mans God the thing that a man trusts for salvation?

Worship your false God, pray to it, that it will give you life.

Can death give life?

Should the greater trust the lesser.

The lesser will not save the greater, but the greater still will shake both from its back when all is broken.

We were given over into the mouth of the creature that we might be purged from its belly and eaten of its young, that they might grow and swarm the four corners of the earth consuming even the residue that remains of us.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Can you not refer to me in the third person? I'd appreciate that.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I was not referring to you, I was using your post as an example of the ignorance people live in, in terms of their blind faith in science, I was speaking to anyone who cares to read.

Speaking to you would be a real waste of time.

You are blind, for people like you there is only the parable and dark sayings.

The natural man can not know the things of the spirit they are foolishness to him.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by newday]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I thought you weren't wasting your time on this thread?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Actually, ( I love starting posts with that.. it increases my sense of authority)

No one knows history. It's so tainted and nuanced, that we can't really say much about it. It's always written by the winners of wars, and old histories are destroyed as a matter of spoils.

Religion is all about managing the beliefs of many, as belief is probably the most powerful force in any society. (Look at how belief in an economic demise actually precipitates it.)

Science, used to be an arena unto itself, a branch off from religion as mankind attempted to understand the meanings and the workings of the Universe. However, now science is only as good as it can be applied.

Placing one's ultimate sense of reality in any of these is flawed. Why does anyone actually need something to point to for justification? Be it Science, History, or Religion?

The answer I have found is based on the sense of insecurity we as humans feel. We want to *know* that what we do has meaning and is helping our situation. It's all pretty futile though if you ask me.

The only thing I have found which actually makes my life better is understanding the role that belief plays in my existence and my own subjective experience ( my soul if you will). Once you do this, you will realize how everything you see on the news, read on forums, hear in your community and in your own mind is constantly forming your beliefs. If you can refrain from these, even those in your own mind, for any period of time, and live by experience more than by belief, then peace of mind is easily within grasp.

I know I have probably over simplified this here, and lots of people might say "What about this or that" Yet at the end of the day, all of our living existence is regulated by belief.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

I thought you weren't wasting your time on this thread?

Thank you Quazga, he does not see through the illusion of belief in self as you, his ego is dominate.

His sort are used as messengers to hinder the words God commands me to speak, he does not know what he is doing, or why he attacked what I said.

The power and glory of God are made manifest in my inability to stop them from attacking.

Sometimes God shows me their mind in a word of knowledge or wisdom, I see horrible things that they must suffer, I pray that God should heal them and their heart find a place of rest.

The Lord would that I ask you a question and declare your blessing.

What I am going to say will sound weird and strange and not make much sense right away if you are not use to these sorts of things, I like talking in a kind of bible talk way from time to time, but its all good so just read and enjoy..

This is the word of the Lord to you.

Tell me guardian of the holy, how much time is given to find a righteous man, one that can prevail to open the book and bring understanding that my people might be strengthened against the day?

Be not troubled neither be afraid, for you are what you are and you must do what you must do.

You are blessed to defend without hesitations this is your beauty that all see and declare above and below.

That is all that I felt I should say, does it mean anything to you?

new topics

top topics

join