It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kalitta Air Crash

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My earlier anonymous reply may only have been 50% correct, as I now have read the following, quote; "Belgian TV reported that the plane was carrying diplomatic baggage belonging to the US Ambassador to Belgium, including a car and papers. The US embassy in Brussels refused to comment."

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I am only aware of one of the crew members. I spoke to him sunday, he was physically ok but still shook up. His position is aircraft mech.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

He was NEVER married to Shirley Muldowney. The only dated a looooong time ago.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I was honestly asking what the conspiracy angle was, as this is a conspiracy board.

Now you've touched upon a very politically sensitive topic for ATS.
There are certain fora on ATS that operate beyond conspiracy flavors.
More so, the members that regularly frequent to these fora, tend to guide discussions toward a more technical/strategic area of discussion rather than an anti-state/conspiracy area.

I'm sure you've noticed that.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I absolutely reject your report. What a load of drivel!
When did you work for the company? If ever!
Perhaps you were one of the dead wood losers that were fired!
You speak as someone who has an axe to grind and your post wreaks of sour grapes.
Go attack someone else.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
www.flightglobal.com...

Pilots of the Kalitta Air Boeing 747-200 freighter destroyed after overrunning at Brussels rejected the take-off at about the same time as air traffic controllers observed a fire in one of the aircraft’s two right-hand engines.

that seems very plausable - aircraft at V1 or just after has a fire alert and rejects the take - off, leaving little breathing room for slowing down at near rotation speed for a heavy loaded freighter.

will be a brown trousers moment for any freight dog to suddenly lose an engine at a critical time.

[edit on 29/5/08 by Harlequin]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The post here are funny. Many writers are simpily venting or displacing their anger. I do know that N704CK will be missed. Given the circumstance I think she was gently laid to rest. My congratulations to the captain and flight crew for their expertise in handeling of the aircraft.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Connie Kalitta is a good friend of mine, and an honest man. I know him from drag racing, not aviation.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Now that there was another 747 crash in Bogota, this makes me think of 3 things right away:
1. Sloppy maintenance. This 747 had a fire in one engine (whicn BTW is part of the emergency procedures)
2. Lack of proper trained crew, which couldn't fly the airplane appropiately.
3. Over weight (??)

All of them fall into the category of a very bad managed company, where things are not taken care of in the right way.

Thanks god the take off was using runway 31 other wise the crash would have been right into the city.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join