It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kalitta Air Crash

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
A Kalitta Air cargo 747 with 5 crew on board crashed on take off in Brussels. It was a scheduled flight to Bahrain and was attempting to take off when the pilot reported a loud bang. The aircraft broke into several pieces on impact but didn't catch fire. The impact was near several rail lines, and houses, but no one on the ground was hurt, and flights to and from the airport were not affected. No word on what the cargo was. All 5 people on board suffered minor injuries.

747 crash

[edit on 5/25/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thankfully the crew is ok and only suffered minor injuries.

However, I ask you, what "aircraft project" is this post about, or where is the conspiracy angle?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Believe it or not, NOT every post in the aircraft forum is a conspiracy. As for the aircraft project I'd have to say that the 747 is an aircraft, wouldn't you?

So sorry for trying to let people interested in the aviation world know that we lost another bird today. From now on unless it's a blatant conspiracy I won't bother to post.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Now don't get all huffy with me
Kidding.

I was honestly asking what the conspiracy angle was, as this is a conspiracy board. I didn't see how this was an aircraft project, as in new project which are discussed...it's a 747, not much new there.

I was thinking maybe you were posting because there was a bang before the crash...bomb, maybe, terrorism, maybe. I dunno, was just asking.

Sorry to waste your time.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I was honestly asking what the conspiracy angle was, as this is a conspiracy board. I didn't see how this was an aircraft project, as in new project which are discussed...it's a 747, not much new there.

It was carrying spare parts for the US Mach 8 Aurora hypersonic aircraft built from recovered UFOs by men in black. The crash was caused by the British Prime Ministers motorcade, which happened to be passing by at the time, using its anti-terrorism jamming device stolen from another dimension by our elite clone army which we built from your medical data when you were kidnapped by black helicopters which were taking time off from cattle mutilations.

[edit on 25/5/2008 by RichardPrice]

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic– Review This Link.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Jbird]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Aviation Herald

A few more pics and some more information about it.

[edit on 5/25/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Glad the crew is okay! I flew for Kallita fo years and flew this airframe. The airline was great and has some of the best pilots I've met. The high speed abort is that most dangerous of choices airmen face. The margin is pretty slim when it comes to the V1 window.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Just to survive a crash in such a huge aircraft is a miracle in itself. Luckily for them the 747 is one tough piece of hardware. In a controlled crash, like this one was apparently, they tend to break up in large chunks rather than confetti.

Zindo

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

some screws , coat of paint will be fine and flying for delta

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Weird crash, it will be interesting to find the cause - could be anything like a loss of an engine.

The guy that owns the company is Connie Kalitta (listed as Conrad at the Web site) the Drag Racer that was once married to Shirley Muldowney - I think.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The news here in the Netherlands mentions that the plane was guarded overnight by US military personal. Some cargo or mail for the Bahrain US-Ambassy is on board. www.nu.nl...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Does anyone have the crew names ? I'm retired Delta and have several friends with Kalitta. The airline was originaly formed to haul car parts out of Detroit but really grew when they got gov. contracts to haul munitions, etc. I think the only a/c they fly now are 747 freighters. Any info on crew would be appreciated. THX

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i would like to know who the captain and crew were as well. i have a friend who is a pilot for them and have heard that kalitta often hides cargo. perhaps the plane was over weight.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I worked in the Kalitta Air Ops Center for several years along with having worked at several other airlines. Connie Kalitta would give you the shirt off his back but, on the other hand, he has no senior corporate leadership skills. He does nothing to develop his staff. He leads by total intimidation. He MFs everything and everybody in the Ops Center on an almost daily basis. He is a sex pervert. He occasionally drinks on the job. He continually cuts corners in maintenance ("fly the freight, pay the fine"). He loves to fire employees without cause or legal basis. And last, but not least, he has the Detroit FSDO in his hip pocket.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There are anonymous posts now? Ahh bollocks, there goes the general quality of this board then

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I am currently a Pilot at Kalitta and while I have no further info on the incident I do request on behalf of my friends and coworkers that there names not be published here. They are all fine. Thanks for your concern. If you truly have friends here at Kalitta I'm sure you can talk to them yourselves.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join