It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney buys home in California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The Romneys will be living, occasionally, in California, it seems.

BOSTON -- Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has reached a deal to buy a home in southern California.

The unsuccessful Republican presidential contender is closing at the end of the month on a property in La Jolla in northern San Diego, Romney spokesman Eric Fehrnstrom confirmed Saturday.

While California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is term-limited and must leave office after 2010, the spokesman denied any political positioning. Romney finance chairwoman Meg Whitman, the former chief executive of eBay, is also reported to be considering her own campaign for California governor.

"Gov. Romney has been looking at property on the West Coast because he has family in California, and because his wife, Ann, spends a good deal of time there riding horses," Fehrnstrom said.

abclocal.go.com.../state&id=6164099

He has no further political aspirations? Time will tell...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
One can only hope...

I'm about tired of people making political decisions based off of religious beliefs. Mitt Romney would be a dangerous President.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Far more reserved than Huckabee though.

If anything, I saw Romney being shirked at the polling stations for being a mormon. He himself never mentioned anything of his faith probably for that reason.

He didnt strike me as the religious fundamentalist type though.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Yeah, but there's no accounting for religious prejudice.

Romney would have been an excellent president. If we're lucky, he still may be, one day.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Of the GOP candidates I thought he was the best. No wonder he didn't have a shot at it.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What's with this California Governor talk?

Romney is, as i heard on msm news, on the short list for VP with McCain as the headliner.
The CA (as in California) connection may well be a pre-convention preparation for the anticipated face-to-face strategy sessions which will be needed....and CA is a whole lot closer to AZ
than Romney's former 'home base' was....
and they will both need a lot of planning & strategy sessions to beat either Obama or Hillery.

Then again, Mitt Romney may just be taking advantage of the decline in house prices out there in Calif.
(which leaves the question hanging) -> Florida too has a sizeable decline in house prices... why ain't he buying there?
... well, its because California is next to Arizona,
and logic tells us that Romney will be the Republican VP candidate to run with McCain, and they'll be next door neighbors

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Well, Romney has family in CA. Also, his wife apparently has some horse-riding interests out there. So, maybe he's just buying property at depressed value, as you suggest.

Not everything is a conspiracy. I gotta keep reminding myself of that.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Yeah, but there's no accounting for religious prejudice.

Romney would have been an excellent president. If we're lucky, he still may be, one day.

Agreed. I guess he just has to take his place in line. That's how the GOP nominates people, right?

I won't lie - I'm smit(ten) with Mitt!! Maybe he would have won if he had used my slogan.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I do not understand why we even should care if Mitt Romney buys a home in California and thought he'd reside in Utah, which is predominately influenced by Mormonism. Wouldn't it me nicer if he bought some people, say ME, a house and maybe a horse so I could ride one for once in my life?

new topics

top topics

join