It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The South Tower - Steady Chopper Cam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I was directed to this video and wonder what everyone thinks. I am not interested in the first parts of this little clip, so lets try and keep the discussion related from about 4:18 to 5:24.

Click

Can they do this in a news chopper? I have never seen a clear shot from a helicopter (traffic, fire reports, etc...).

The only thing I can think of (if I am understanding the points of view in each shot correctly), is that the camera shake was removed in editing.

Even if that is the case...why would that be done?

edit: haha, chooper.

[edit on 5/25/0808 by spines]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spines

What no replies? sore topic I know. But that was interesting. The guy has a point, where was the camera situated for the still shots if it wasnt on a helicopter? must have been a taller building to get the roof of the WTC in shot. As they pointed out, the empire state is the most likely place.

Can a chopper cam be that steady? I know they can hover so I dont know.

So the double speed playback thing... and on the live news clip we dont even see any planes coming!? plus different background... and the mystery ORB... what is going on there? shame its such poor quality video that looks loaded with weirdness.

[edit on 05/09/2008 by P-a-r-a-d-o-X-2]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yes a chopper cam can be. If you've seen the video of the recent crane collapse, the chopper is flying circles around the area and the cam is almost perfectly steady the whole time. They use a gyro stabilized camera mount to help keep the camera steady. In a hover, aimed at a fixed object it's even more steady because it doesn't have to try to track movement.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here is what the video shows.

I took the two images and resized and tilted the brown picture.
I overlaid the brown picture and put it on top of the purple picture.
I made the brown one partially transparent.

You can see how the angles are different because the explosion of fuel coming out of the building, in the brown picture is higher than the one in the purple picture.
That is because the brown picture was taken from a higher angle and it shortens the building, compared to the purple picture, that is taken more straight on and lengthens the building.

It is slowed down, in the video when it is played back, later. I am sure they just did that so people will not miss the plane.
I do not think they were trying to deceive anyone.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Oh I see.. gyroscope cam.. sounds logical.. oh well. What about the shot where we cant see any plane hit but the building explodes? is it just a crappy vid?

And [off topic] but did anyone ever find out what the mysterious white plane was flying about that day? it was over the towers and Washington.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Oohhhh... nice one mate

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The helicopter is on the other side of the building, so it doesn't catch the plane.

The white plane over Washington was an E-4B. I don't know if they flew it over New York later or what, but I know the one over the Pentagon was the E-4 that launched from Andrews AFB.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Thank you mate.. E4B.. first Ive heard, I googled it and now know what it is.

The E-4B serves as the National Airborne Operations Center (NAOC) for the National Command Authorities. In case of a national emergency or destruction of ground command control centers, the aircraft provides a modern, highly survivable, command, control and communications center to direct U.S. forces, execute emergency war orders and coordinate actions by civil authorities.

[I cant get the source link working its long and awkward]

The E-4B will support the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) request for assistance when a natural disaster occurs..

Ok.........

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Here's a little more for you about NAOC (formerly NEACP, pronounced kneecap). There are only four of them, and at one point one was sitting on alert with one engine running, ready to launch 24/7. There was also one that followed the president around, and landed at a base near where he was on every trip he took.

Fact Sheet

Gallery

FAS

Airliners.net gallery

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Thanks. I cant say I trust FEMA.. tho I dont trust any of them to be honest.

$258 million for the E4B
Imagine what they could have done for the world with all that money. All this technology and STILL they couldnt stop it.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
All the E-4 does is fly a staff of generals around who would be directing battles and responses to disasters. It doesn't have any kind of early warning capability or anything like that. It's a great platform for what it does, but it's really just a giant communications relay.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Oh yeah I know, I was just saying, still a whole loada money spent on a plane for their own benefit not ours.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well yeah, because if we had been in a nuclear war that plane would have been where what was left of the government was, and would have been in charge of our response. The military needed something besides Looking Glass to do that mission. Looking Glass was a good platform but too small.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That's the first I've seen/heard about that "orb" being seen. Does anyone have any further info/explanation on that?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethia
That's the first I've seen/heard about that "orb" being seen. Does anyone have any further info/explanation on that?

laser guided, incendiary bomb?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethia

They call it an orb, in this video.
It is nothing new.
I saw this pointed out a long time ago, in another video.
It probubly is what was there, before the plane was added.
Something hit the building, but it probubly was a modified cruise missile.
Watch the "Iran tests cruise missile" video on youtube.
It looks like something that could have been used.
Once it launches and getts to altitude, the rocket dropps off and it looks like a plane.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Nice.... theyre like big kids with big fireworks. lol

Zaphod I know what you mean but the nuclear war threat doesnt condone anything. Its like saying ....police shouldnt really be needed.. but society is so evil and twisted we ceate the NEED for police by being ILL minded.. so we zip ourselves up in our own body bags.

At the end of the day its 258 MILLION.. spent on a plane for security issues -- basically all this money spent in fear to protect ourselves [ correction -- THEY protect themselves and stuff us ] from countries whom may just get big n bad enough to shut us all up with their own weapons which they bought from THEM /us
especially if they joined up together.

This is just a vicious circle of war power control fear security and dumb down the public, spending money that could fix up third worlds instead of going to space just yet. We all know we only have decent saucepans because of what they have found out by exploring space and making supertoys.

I have another theory on what brought down the WTC..

Tesla technology
the guy made a device that could shake the empire state building to pieces, did he not? So its just another thought..

Id heard the above one about something launching something else at the towers.. thats why I thought th E4B was that 'launcher' ... or maybe it has some super hologramic technology on board that can make a missile look like a plane.. or in fact no missile needed just hologram..

I know that sounds pathetic to some and its not a new angle.. but for 258 million Im sure that plane can do some stuff.

Edit >> not that I dont believe it wasnt just ordinary planes either
I just like to speculate cause I dont know.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
And I've been on that plane and seen just about every area on it. I've crawled around it servicing it, and working on it. There are no launchers, no hologram emitters, or any other weird technologies on it. It's almost all radios and telephones. Makes a wonderful command post, and a wonderful radio relay, but that's about it.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Oh really wow, sorry mate
heres me taking your word for it, I know strange move considering the day and age.. lol

What do you think about the Tesla Toy? I need to go google that Ive just pulled it from old memory.

[Edit to spell properly]

[ 2nd edit -- I know Im drifting off topic I'l stop it and stick to the OP post]

top topics

join