It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rift in al-qaeda? Radical Muslims now saying violence is sinful.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by USMC-oorah
Peace is a rumor made up by a over active imagination. There can't and never will be peace. Man has been fighting man since the beginning of man and will continue to do so until the demise of man. Maybe Muslim extremist are finally becoming somewhat sane, but there will always be a war. You can pray for peace, but always prepare for war. Always be ready to do or die. And if peace ever did come it would be at the barrel of a gun. One mans peace might be another mans hell. Then they would pick up arms to fight for their peace and so the world turns.

War was a nightmare made up by an overactive imagination.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

At-least it's real. Peace is just a excuse for more war. How many times do you think that peace has started a war? The general idea of a war is to bring "peace" anyways. There is no such thing as peace, for man will not allow it.

The conept of peace is very beautiful, but it wont' happen. I would LOVE to see the entire world happy and "peaceful." But peace will just breed another war. If the whole world forgot the black and white boundaries of war and peace. It could possibly workout.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by USMC-oorah]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Good find. Good Post. Flagged and starred.

Paraphrasing Winston Churchill during WWII, maybe this is the beginning of the end of the war
, or at least the end of the beginning.

Of course, many people here - U.S. haters, Bush haters, radical muslim appeasers/apologists - will not see this as good news. Watch for them to appear shortly ...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think this article is overly optimistic. All of Muhammed's life was about piracy, war and bloodshed. Their founder was a violent terrorist, and he commands his followers to slay unbelievers in their Holy book. There will always be some who take that book literally. Moreover one of Muhammed's strategies was to preach peace to his enemies whilst planning war. He conquered Mecca this way I believe.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Peace is a rumor made up by a over active imagination. There can't and never will be peace. Man has been fighting man since the beginning of man and will continue to do so until the demise of man. Maybe Muslim extremist are finally becoming somewhat sane, but there will always be a war. You can pray for peace, but always prepare for war. Always be ready to do or die. And if peace ever did come it would be at the barrel of a gun. One mans peace might be another mans hell. Then they would pick up arms to fight for their peace and so the world turns.

Where do you learn that stuff?
"Peace comes from a barrel of a gun". That is a political slogan.
Every soldier went to war because another guy told him to do so. It is SLAVE behaviour. The master/slave mental make up is our heritage indeed, but our society is trying to let that go. Someone who thinks different like me, that is YOU, is not my enemy. I can ask you why you think like that.

You don't have to kill, you can talk.
And I am prepared to die, don't worry, but not over a stupid war that is set up by powersick people who want to use me as canonmeat.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

reply to post by stikkinikki

At-least it's real. Peace is just a excuse for more war. How many times do you think that peace has started a war? The general idea of a war is to bring "peace" anyways. There is no such thing as peace, for man will not allow it.

The conept of peace is very beautiful, but it wont' happen. I would LOVE to see the entire world happy and "peaceful." But peace will just breed another war. If the whole world forgot the black and white boundaries of war and peace. It could possibly workout.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by USMC-oorah]

Only if you think it will. The world is not as it is, it is as you think and want it is. Not in a direct way off course, but in an indirect way.
I see you have a military hat as a avatar. Are you in the military? Or do you watch a lot of warmovies? Or both? I am just curious. I am prevalent to the thought that movies like that promote the same ideas you mention here. And prepare the emotional make up to get ready for it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pjotr

Where do you learn that stuff?
"Peace comes from a barrel of a gun". That is a political slogan.
Every soldier went to war because another guy told him to do so. It is SLAVE behaviour. The master/slave mental make up is our heritage indeed, but our society is trying to let that go. Someone who thinks different like me, that is YOU, is not my enemy. I can ask you why you think like that.

You don't have to kill, you can talk.
And I am prepared to die, don't worry, but not over a stupid war that is set up by powersick people who want to use me as canonmeat.

I'm being a simple realist about the concept of peace. I'm not being a war monger, or anything like that. I already stated that peace is a very beautiful concept and if ever were a possibility i'd be all for it. But it's sad to say there is not one moment in all of human kind that we have had "peace." Maybe moments of brief calmness and then there is always the storm. So, okay peace is possible, for brief periods of time. Man will always find a way to ruin that though. World peace, complete human peace, or even peace in your city. Not a possibility.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

I am in the Marines and I guess i've seen my share of war movies. But my ideas make perfect sense. On a realist, down to Earth, in your face kind of level. Peace is a catch 22 alot of times, full of irony, and often requires the very complete oppositfe of the concept to achieve the desired effect. Peace on very small levels will work for brief periods of time. As a worldwide concept, not gonna happen, ever.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

And that's cool for you. Stay away from the "slave mentality" live in your own world of peace. Raise your family, hopefully for you they'll think like you. You'll do your own part in your own beliefs and probably think you did some good. On a global scale someone is always going to have to do the dirty work. There will always be a fight, or a war. That some human being is going to have to kill and die in. I'm going to appreciate the fact that there is both kind of humans. I choose to do the fighting and dying, so maybe it will keep people that don't want to do it, such as you from doing it. And that's my theory. If everyone thought like you there would be alot of forced figthing and dying. I'll just choose to be a warrior like people choose to be peaceful monks.

One might say, "if were all peaceful monks, or peaceful people, then there would be no war, or violence." Well, assuming were all Human Beings there is eventually going to be a group, or even one man. That is going to disagree and break the peace. Then who is going to stop his violence? Who is going to break their peace and go to war?

[edit on 26-5-2008 by USMC-oorah]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
i went crazy in my mind
i grew fruit so i could watch it rot and become drunken
my incentives ferment in my larder father
take me by the hand and damaged mandible
pull my tooth out by the root i beseech thee
i want everything to die
i want everything to die
i want everyone to die.

i just want peace love and death for the reverend
my death wish is implicitly specific
dine on troglodyte swine; distorted pork
eat my face after i peel it off
my rind is a sign of the end time giant jackal sabbatical
none of it makes sense in the present tense
im so tense i keep fending off the condenser
compose the ocean with proper saline level

help help help help
this is my script i have written
please show me discipline and i will be your disciple
idol the american shareholder

i keep inhaling smoke so that i may provoke myself
the cancer is a chance caught in the rye
my style is based off of baseless faces twisted
cant you see your foolish stoolpigeon decision
\
so many lost in the star crossed night
i am the black knight drenched in red tension
make no mention of the fence you sit on
if the pickets go up your ass it is only a symptom of your caste

i will keep inhaling the noxious oxen until i pull my own plow
my sow is a dirty little piglet rigged with schism living
not real and yet not quite fake shake up the flower
power my engine with a dirty decadent represantative

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The maya calendar which ends to 2012 is indexed to the christian calender. If you realign it with the hindu or islamic calenders it still ends 4 years 6 months from now.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Pjotr

One might say, "if were all peaceful monks, or peaceful people, then there would be no war, or violence." Well, assuming were all Human Beings there is eventually going to be a group, or even one man. That is going to disagree and break the peace. Then who is going to stop his violence? Who is going to break their peace and go to war?

[edit on 26-5-2008 by USMC-oorah]

Thanks for the response. I understand your position. As for your proposition: we do not have to be monks, but if want a better live we will have to grow, and I think we have the faculties in general. And if one man breaks the peace, we will have to put him behind bars and educate him untill he is really changed.

The ultimate master is he who convinces his slave that he is free, that he chooses himself to be a soldier. And give the soldier the idea he is a leader in this world, a defender of the premises. That is the matrix most of us are in.

The man who breaks the peace is the man who convinces others to pick a fight. It is not to difficult to single out the guy who starts. I have seen lots of fights, there is always one indvidual with the power to rally others. That is the one you put behind bars or simply refuse to listen to. The socalled "leaders".

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
That split has always existed... to some degree or the other... after all some of the most conservative clerics insist Bin Laden doesn't have the religious training or authority to issue fatwa's and as such his are illegal and Muslims are to ignore them.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Have you ever thought about the fact that life isn't going to end?
And why do you believe the Mayans? Have you ever seen one?
No? Because there all dead thats why.
So are you going to believe a long dead civilisation and keep going on about the end of the World, or are you going to try and make a difference in the world about a real issue like AIDs and starvation and the people that are starving in Burma because the Government refused to let them have foreign aid.
Its your decision.

I made some more points in my anonymous post earlier on if you care to read it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
For a long time many people have seen the "war on terror" as utterly pointless and truly ineffectual, it was supposed to be a 100 year war and here now we have a showing that radical islam is correcting itself. Maybe now is the time to extend the olive branch, offer talks. The war on terror must stop at all costs, it is doing more harm than good.

The extremists will probably try and stop peace talks, maybe even bomb them and that may just push more support for peace. I hope this continues and grows, i hope things change and maybe then the world can forget the war on terror. Whilst we may never agree on all issues, if we can just resort to diplomacy then the world would be far safer.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

What the extremists, ideologues and simpletons running this country don't understand is that violence and terrorism are always the last gasp measure.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Yes they are the last measure, don't get me wrong, violence and war do have their place (WW2 as an obvious example). It seems our current governments are more than happy to go to war before talking. First they sanction to weaken an enemy and then they attack. Afterwards they sit back and wonder why the world hates us.

Diplomacy should be used now, it seems about the right time if fractures are truly occuring in the radical islam world. Of course any violence against us must be met with repercussions, but if we can get some peaceful muslims on side, muslims who have turned away from violence and hold sway over many radicals. then maybe they can police themselves, it's almost the same thing that happened with racism in the 1930's. It started as a small band of people fighting for equality and it slowly spread.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Islam is a religion of peace in the 1st place.... its about time people of that religion who promote it for their means an such follow the darn underlying meaning of what their religion meant.... this is just common sense, you cant follow being a vegan an eat cow on fridays. lol

as for the 2012 stuff.... yeh we have had alot of people thruout time say such things, but wanna know the difference between now an then? the freedom of speech an the ability to conversate with intellects over long distances in the blink of a eye. whether or not this happens is something yes, but the bigger deal is that people are thinking about this an "feeling" it as well without any other influence on them...

Just like the Wildlife on the other side of the burning forest, We know something is here an its quickly approaching.

You can go on for years from now saying whatever you wish about past experiences of Dooms day sayers, But in honest opinon, Most arent seeing the End of the world, they are seeing an feeling a end of a Major Era in Human Evolution. Our Minds are the last thing to fully evolve, Since our minds Would be the ultimate last thing to evolve. Due to the Ability Now in life to not be so Dependant on Hunter Gatherer skills. We now have the ability to view life in a unconfined way, an we see it truly for what it is.

Life will continue onwards even if we believe it wont, we have no control over that, but what we do control is our ability to understand it for what life truely is, a host of experience an Learning. It is only then will we truly understand why we are here an what our purpose is, which in many cases was just listed....

All your answers, solutions and remedies lay in one place... Yourself.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Trance Optic]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I keep hearing that Islam is a religion of peace, Maybe, Muslims will finally start demonstrating this, being that so far they been the religion of war.

One can always hope.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
At the risk of being accused of "pedestrian" or "unenlightened" thinking the answer is much simpiler and obvious:

You get your ass soundly kicked for six years and you start to reevaluate the need to fight in the first place - America haters and pointed head, elitist thinking aside.

This reality is a fact of history.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join