It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Phoenix land or crash on Mars?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Faces!!! seriously???? So you are saying a 2 dimensional faces in the ground is living? Honestly........The words you post on here are just weird man....
I believe there is life on mars and plenty of other stuff is being covered up and kept secret from the public. However........FACES!???????? no way...dragon faces????? no way....Start another thread about that topic......I'm usually against people ganging up on somebody like you just because they are close minded. But I am a very open minded person and you just seem kinda way out there in your beliefs on this one. Lets keep this thread as a mars phoenix rover topic and stick to the facts....
Your thread and topic is welcome......just not in this thread....give it a rest and post all you want on another one please...
This is a great topic which doesn't need to be hijacked.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hi Guys.... I'm really excited and am predicting we earth will discover alien lifeforms (organic/inorganic) on the Mar's North Pole. I just get that feeling
we are not alone. That would be a miracle, by anyones definition.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Echo Pappa Tango ....
the Phoenix has landed on the martian Nothpole ...

Now WHAT????

[edit on 5/26/2008 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
we have already been to mars many times
we are doing excavation on mars
the government wont tell you anything
there is a large population that live on mars
most of them live underground
the reason they are doing this mission is to make the population on earth think we havent been to mars yet

we have been there for many years now

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
THE secret space progam probley took the probe to mars and droped it high up in the atmosphere to make it look good
I wish they would just tell us the truth,in a universe this big we can not be the only inteligent race that would be arrogant to think so.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So what can we hope to learn from the new lander?

and what will we, the conspiracy detectives, be looking for?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I had the aha moment last nite.The bright streak toward the horizon is most likely just the strong reflection from the white parachute in the distance.Luckily none of the naysayers here jumped to that landmark conclusion before me,while never bothering to look past things they don't or can't see.The parachute is "nasa droppings" I jest,since other bright things like aeroshells and other landing gear have been featured in other (Spirit,Pathfinder,Op) images.The Op and Spirit HEAT SHIELDS come to mind,since they were part of the curious scenery.Part of the beauty of seeing the Op heat shield up close were the small insectoids who clung to it like barnacles on a boat bottom,claiming new shadowy real estate to climb on.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by vze2xjjk
reply to post by skekke

Skekke thanks for turning me on to that pic in particular.The white verticle abberation also caught my eyelike a gleaming reflection in another pic.I guess we'll have to wait for more detailed close-ups of that area to get a better handle on what it is or if it disappears altogether without a trace then we'll scratch heads until some other puzzle piece falls our way. When I looked at the image(whole frame) enlarged and in NEGATIVE,I saw a sea of live faces,as if it were Spirit rover on a "busy" day with the animals agitated surrounding it with curiousity.Those solar panels had better be strong enough to support the animals that will soon crawl over them for warmth on a chilly sunbathing day. The many faces in NEGATIVE image cover most of the land area(no sky) in the whole frame. I'd estimate a hundred faces of all sizes. I realize they are tough to see,so even an approximate number is good enough for people who have seen a few faces already and wonder what they are missing. I've been at this for 4 1/2 years almost,so flinching isn't what I do best.

Hi vze, you are correct there are hundreds of faces and many are humanoid, the tiny humanoids I call Sandmaries. I did not expect nothing less then to see these lifeforms in the northern plains of Vastitas Borealis landing site of Phoenix. You will see tiny tiny structures also these are geometric and I believe were not manufactured out of thin air. Most will not see these anomalies and are seeing in 1D or 2D instead of 3D. Humans were made to see best in the yellow or green light spectrum and you know this because of your colored photographic presentations of Mars.

I was surprised that NASA had not masked some of the lifeforms as of yet. We will have to compare photos from the originals as days progress to detect movement of the lifeforms. we will be limited to a 360 degree panaromac view of the landing site because as you know the lander is stationary. The Landers robotic arm will be doing it's job digging and scooping and I believe will find ice made up of frozen water H20 and not frozen carbon dioxide as formally thought. The first signs of microbial life will be announced as ancient life and the story will change to existing microbial life forms.

Most humans can see full spectrum light from 400 nanometers violet range to approx. 700 nanometers the Red color range. This is called the rainbow or visual spectrum for humans. You have spent 4 1/2 years scanning and viewing photos of Mars and I have spent over 15 years starting with Viking Lander missions 1 and 2.

We have picked up visually the digital visual full spectrum light code of Mars it is because our brains have assimilated this photographic information thru the rods, cones plus 3 receptors of the eye by way of the retina receiving light wavelengths to the brain and this is called tristimulus vision. Most humans do not know that because we as humans have 2 eyes and the information light wavelength impulses we receive by reflected light to the brain are split and have to be reassembled in the brain for assimilation to see objects. Rik Riley

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by vze2xjjk
I had the aha moment last nite.The bright streak toward the horizon is most likely just the strong reflection from the white parachute in the distance.Luckily none of the naysayers here jumped to that landmark conclusion before me,while never bothering to look past things they don't or can't see.The parachute is "nasa droppings" I jest,since other bright things like aeroshells and other landing gear have been featured in other (Spirit,Pathfinder,Op) images.The Op and Spirit HEAT SHIELDS come to mind,since they were part of the curious scenery.Part of the beauty of seeing the Op heat shield up close were the small insectoids who clung to it like barnacles on a boat bottom,claiming new shadowy real estate to climb on.

Perhaps you should start reading entire threads before you post...for 2 reasons. 1, because the thought that the image showed the parachute, heat shield, or backshell came up on page one, and 2, because you have obviously missed the post from the moderator who told you to keep you wild ideas about animals on mars to the proper threads, and not here.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
...The Landers robotic arm will be doing it's job digging and scooping and I believe will find ice made up of frozen water H20 and not frozen carbon dioxide as formally thought...

Rik --

NASA's does 'formally' not think they will find CO2 ice there. They fully expect to find -- and has repeatedly and publically said they expect to find -- WATER-ice under the surface of Phoenix's landing site. That's why they picked that site...orbital analysis shows the presence of water-ice in that location.

I don't know why you are making like this will be NASA changing it's story about water-ice as opposed to CO2 ice -- the whole point of this mission is to analyze soil laden with water-ice. I (and NASA) would be more surprised if the DIDN'T find water-ice.

[edit on 5/27/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

Rik thanks for that informed explanation above.I'm not holding out for nasa to announce anything breathtaking ,since I feel they are nowhere near motivated for disclosure when the military holds them in a choke-hold as far as free flow of info.Jail terms for disclosure makes me a tad suspicious. You were quite right about the teeming numbers of life forms at this site.Sandmaries all over.Higher res will show them better.What I don't see so far are the invisibles above the skyline.That probably won't last long. So,many thanks again for your info.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by rikriley
...The Landers robotic arm will be doing it's job digging and scooping and I believe will find ice made up of frozen water H20 and not frozen carbon dioxide as formally thought...

Rik --

NASA's does 'formally' not think they will find CO2 ice there. They fully expect to find -- and has repeatedly and publically said they expect to find -- WATER-ice under the surface of Phoenix's landing site. That's why they picked that site...orbital analysis shows the presence of water-ice in that location.

I don't know why you are making like this will be NASA changing it's story about water-ice as opposed to CO2 ice -- the whole point of this mission is to analyze soil laden with water-ice. I (and NASA) would be more surprised if the DIDN'T find water-ice.

[edit on 5/27/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

Sorry about that I must of been out of my mind that NASA would think there is ice made up of carbon dioxide, dry ice, on Mars. Glad you clarified that they are looking for H2O or ice on the Northern Plains. Rik Riley

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

apod.nasa.gov...

[edit on 30-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

your showing your ignorance. Nasa have known for a while what kind of ice is on mars and where it is. The surface ice is almost purely CO2 ice. Thats the exact reason they never went direct to the martian pole. They want to get underneath the surface layers as thats where there is more water ice.

Thats the reason they have a robotic arm that can dig down and also why they landed where they did. They may be unlucky and hit a patch which has co2 or no ice but they hope to find some water ice there.

Your statement that nasa said they expect to find only CO2 ice is completely false.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

your showing your ignorance. Nasa have known for a while what kind of ice is on mars and where it is. The surface ice is almost purely CO2 ice. Thats the exact reason they never went direct to the martian pole. They want to get underneath the surface layers as thats where there is more water ice.

Thats the reason they have a robotic arm that can dig down and also why they landed where they did. They may be unlucky and hit a patch which has co2 or no ice but they hope to find some water ice there.

Your statement that nasa said they expect to find only CO2 ice is completely false.

I read it wrong thanks for the correction. I have found two interesting sights about ice on Mars containing CO2 and H20. In 1971 Mariner 9 first made orbit around Mars and flew by Phobos and Demos the 2 Moons of Mars. The Mariner 9 satellite took over 7,000 photos to help map Mars and was said to have found frozen water beneath CO2 ice caps. I do not believe there is CO2 ice on Mars because I believe that Mars has a lot more in common than we are being told with temperatures, the atmosphere on Earth and the existence of life including humanoid.

findarticles.com...

findarticles.com...

[edit on 30-5-2008 by rikriley]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join