It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Thumb Thread.. Ow to grow your own food..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
hey, I just started growing my own food, but I think I messed up.

The packets said keep in a cool dry place, so I placed them melon seeds in the freezer for a few days...

Did I kill my seeds or not?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Nope mate but that does mainly depend if they were airtight in the freezer or not, and the species though im almost positive should be ok

hey just dont micowave them to defrost them! or you will have glowing mutant melons!

if it was me I would put them in the fridge for 24 hours then if any further time "in a cold dark place" was needed place them in cupboard or out building in some terry toweling that is mosit, re check and remoisten every 24 hours till planting or the as the instructions say.

in fact a freezer is a great place if stored correctly in a sealed cellophane/plastic bag which is then placed in a empty air tight say jam jar, will keep literally for thousands of years in those conditions. Some species wouldnt like it but most are fine.

Infact one of the pods for seeds for a type of tree in the rainforest in americas only opens when flames hit it scattering the seeds onto the now nearly scorched earth. They are the first type of tree to take hold after natural fires.

Kind Regards

Elf

new topics

join