It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Windows - A Simple Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER: I post in this section of ATS with great trepidation.

The search feature (in regards to the 9/11 forum) is worthless. It is worthless because every thread with any promise of answering my question turns into pages of flame war; burrying whatever relevant information it may have contained.

Do not presume my position on what happened that day.

Do not simply post what you think as fact. If it is your opinion, then tell me that. If it is based on actual evidence, don't make me try to force it out of you over the course of three pages.

Do not start fighting amongst yourselves (or try to fight with me). I did type this thread up to listen to grown adults bicker like children in the backseat.

If the thread starts to nosedive I want the thread locked (if possible). If this happens then anyone with actual information can contact me via u2u.

---

Recently, 2003, a propane leak sparked an explosion in a town about fifteen minutes from me (read: Newton, New Jersey). As a result of the explosion, windows in an apartment complex about 200 yards from the site of the blast were broken.

So here is my question:

I have seen a few pictures which claim to show non-broken windows practically on top of the impact hole. Why are there non-broken windows right next to where a plane is supposed to have exploded against a wall?

I did some looking around here and have not found a sufficient response to this.

I saw "the windows at the pentagon were made of bullet proof glass" thrown around...but a plane exploded...feet from the glass.

I am not claiming to have any advanced knowledge in the workings of bullet resistant glass, so please, correct me if I am going in the wrong direction.

I can speculate too, but I make this thread looking for legitimate answers that I can't seem to find on my own.

Thanks.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They weren't bullet proof, they were blast resistant. The entire wall was redsigned to withstand a truck bomb placed within a few feet of the wall and detonated. The windows were designed to redirect the pressures of the blast without shattering into pieces and turning into projectiles.

Here is the best source I've found to date about the windows that were installed.

Pentagon Windows

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

You beat me to it Zaphod.

If anyone is interested. There is a great site that goes over the Pentagon renovation project:

renovation.pentagon.mil...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Thanks to both of you.

I will read through it when I get home tonight and post any other questions I may have.

Thanks again.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spines

Blast resistant, yes.

But 757 resistant?

Yeah right.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Craig Ranke CIT

Come on Craig, everybody knows the wings folded up and went inside... Airliner wings only cut through steel like a hot knife in butter when they hit those wimpy WTC towers, Pentagon windows/concrete is much too strong for that.

new topics

top topics

join