It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Who is Posting on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Hello Everyone!
I may seem new here, but I have contacted ATS and sadley enough they could not recover my old account... fyi.

After reading here for just about a year, I have seen gradual but noticable changes with opinon here on ATS. Just like the general public, ATS has its mood swings and intrests.

I will use one of my bad anologies for ATS. I can see ATS as a archaeological dig site, and all the members as archaeologists. It is something like we have all found an important artifact and are debating using the evidence what the artifact is, and who made it, and so on.

We here as members most likely have more than one news source than Fox News or NBC, etc.. So our opinons and information are coming from a wide variety of sources, giving us more insight on the issue.

But the reason for the members posting pro-large business and extreme pro-consumerism (not saying that being a consumer is bad), their views are based on the information that is coming out of their televison and raidos, and not from a wide variety of sources. With a wide varitety of sources, we are able to make a fair, just, unbaised decison on something.

Unlike the rest of the public. I do not blame the public, they are just being minipulated through their cruel and unsual ways to sway their beliefs in something that is false.

If ATS members had to have an obligation, I believe that it would be letting others have insight to the issues and so that they do not see the false information that is given to them daily. Another simple anology, "Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime"

As you can see, if we teach them to find out their own information, and so they are not feed the rubish that the corporations and media give them.

Thank You,
peacemaker33

*I really did start a four line sentance with But*

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacemaker33
But the reason for the members posting pro-large business and extreme pro-consumerism (not saying that being a consumer is bad), their views are based on the information that is coming out of their televison and raidos, and not from a wide variety of sources. With a wide varitety of sources, we are able to make a fair, just, unbaised decison on something.

Really?
What 'other' sources are you talking about if not TV, radio or internet?
Sorry, but people who appear to be more pro business and pro consumer as you put it don't need the usual sources because it comes from actual real life experience with TV, radio and internet only supplimenting our logical thoughts due to being able to think for ourselves instead of being told what to think.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
it's clearly obvious to anyone who's paying attention that there are dis info agents on this site. Just sweet talk them, manipulate them, and let them bury themselves.

[edit on 5/26/2008 by JPhish]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
it's clearly obvious to anyone who's paying attention that there are dis info agents on this site. Just sweet talk them, manipulate with them, and let them bury themselves.

I really doubt there are disinfo agents here on ATS. I mean why would there be? As if ATS is important enough to waste valuable manpower and money on. Do you really think anyone in government cares about what is posted on this internet site?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Really?
What 'other' sources are you talking about if not TV, radio or internet?
Sorry, but people who appear to be more pro business and pro consumer as you put it don't need the usual sources because it comes from actual real life experience with TV, radio and internet only supplimenting our logical thoughts due to being able to think for ourselves instead of being told what to think.

I don't know if I made it clear enough on my behalf, my bad.

What I am talking about is that the public intrest is being minpulated through advertizment, product placement, and biased media. The public is constantly being told to buy this and that, and opinons and beliefs are forced upon us at ages so early, that we cannot even tell the difference between right and wrong.

I can tell you from personal experiance, from before I discovered ATS, was that I got my information from a these sources:
-CNN
-FOX
-NBC

Its a pretty lonely list there. I mean, they are basically controled by the same company? Now these days, I get my news from these sources first, then I check and refrence my news daily to sites like ATS, alternitive radio talk shows, Public Radio, Newspapers, disscussion boards, and first hand accounts of the news.

What people are watching is carefully controled and minpulated to they think what the televison tells them to think.

I feel that it is out duty to help those others who need to see through the darkness and the nights, and see the real, uncut, untouched truth.

Thanks
Peacemaker33

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Excellent topic. Pattern recognition is one of our great gifts. Perps are easily spotted by anyone who spends more than a cursory glance here. It's all over the place I see it in many other forums. It's insincere and it sucks and unfortunately we all pay the price.

LT

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

I really doubt there are disinfo agents here on ATS. I mean why would there be?

Because control freaks don't like maverick truth-seekers.

Do you really think anyone in government cares about what is posted on this internet site?

No government cares about dissemination of information.

Are you for real?

reply to post by peacemaker33

What people are watching is carefully controled and minpulated to they think what the televison tells them to think.

This should be the motto of ATS.

Man, am I glad there are still people like you in this world!

Welcome back.

reply to post by telepath

At least that confirms I'm not imagining things.

Until we have a better solution maybe people can post any evidence they come across here on this thread.

There must be many others on this site who read between the lines. Who are you?..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

it's clearly obvious to anyone who's paying attention that there are dis info agents on this site. Just sweet talk them, manipulate with them, and let them bury themselves.

I really doubt there are disinfo agents here on ATS. I mean why would there be? As if ATS is important enough to waste valuable manpower and money on. Do you really think anyone in government cares about what is posted on this internet site?

This fact is obvious to me as well. During the latest days I was writing in some threads related to China and human rights and you could see some Chinese that never admit their government is doing something bad or wrong and they obviously spread disinformation, or at least their logic of thinking is quite twisted. To me that is an obvious sign that they have some ulterior motives. Open any thread about China and you will see them immediately.

It was exposed that the Chinese students organizations abroad (US, Canada, Autralia, etc) are extensions of the Chinese communist party and obey strictly the orders of the government. I guess some of the Chinese here are probably of that kind.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I would be SHOCKED if there weren't corporate shills posting on ATS. They are on many forums. For a site to be as large as ATS, it would be hard for them to resist the temptation.

Some are weak spam bots, but others are out to present their companies in a positive light or to put down their competition. I am sure that it isn't limited to large corporations either.

It is always refreshing to see when people report who is editing wikipedia articles. I wish that ATS had an IP filter that would show when people are posting from corporate / govt IP's.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Untill ATS make ever OP the moderator of their own threads, anyone can come and walk all over them and there isn't a thing they can do about it.
That is the problem.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Untill ATS make ever OP the moderator of their own threads, anyone can come and walk all over them and there isn't a thing they can do about it.
That is the problem.

There in lies the great irony that makes ATS one of the greatest information and conspiracy sharing sites on the internet. Anyone can come into your thread, your idea, and put it down. They can ask challenging, ridiculus questions that are beyond the norm of questions asked by fellow ATSers.

The people on here are devoted enough to defend their ideas and information from these outside control forces (aka goverment, large corporations...). They are trying to put down your idea, and dissuade people from believeing you.

The people here go to such lengths to exploit ideas and show the real truth. The people here on ATS are a devoted bunch willing to defend their ideas and practices from the skeptics.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
reply to post by DaleGribble

You are absolutely right on this. However what concerns me is that it is emerging that there may be a concerted effort from certain quarters to spread disinformation or deny good evidence (in relation to whatever cause) because such people are more interested in the outcome than the truth of a matter.

Where contributors have serious vested interests they ought to declare them in their avatar somehow. If they were honest enough to do that we would be more inclined to take them at their word and respect their integrity. Bias does not necessarily invalidate evidence. Hidden agendas do.

While ATS is all about denying ignorance these people go about creating it...

I hear this loud and clear - this has also been especially true around the election threads - rarely have I encountered such a denial of history, experience and facts as I have on those threads....granted my views may be left of center and not the most popular but wow -however its instructive to encounter it so directly.....I haven't looked in on the global warming threads but will do so...I know for a fact there are people who troll for their masters - this is a very old tried and true method that has been in use for milennia long before the internet but ever so more effective because of it...but they have to contend with the tenacity of the rest of us....beyond that I don't know how you would actually police such activity without stooping to their level - you know - the fascist purge mentality....lets just shut them down with better arguments - exorcise them with our rapier wit
...and find creative ways to expose them that doesn't violate ATS policy .

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

short answer - YES - have had lots of experience with Fed harassment, tactics and concerns - as an activist for many many years - internet activism is a huge concern for the Fed - ATS has a rep - among the silly stuff there are some very serious and important conversations going on here....from a broad range of people from all over the world....

Don't underestimate yourself or the rest of us in relation to established authority....the Fed certainly does not underestimate the power of the written word or the people who write the words....

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I personally think that there could be a way to identify these kind of people. Probably they are instructed what to say, what not to say, and how to avoid certain topics. All of them have something in common - they are not here to just exchange ideas and help others, but to obstruct other members from realizing certain truths.

I personally think there could be different kinds of them - different governments (US, Russia, China, UK, France, etc.), different government agencies, different "non-government" (ATS) agencies and different corporations.

A more serious investigation could expose many of them probably.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locus Iste
Well i think problem is that some people just don't want to see facts.

I am here just 5 days and i don't know most of you but i can tell that some of you are so blinded that if proves would be on the table you would ignore them. Of course there would be people who would attack them first and then pull the others.

Example for it is Nibiru thread. Author of few videos came clean and said he made videos on his computer and send them on youtube and that none of them are truth. He made 200000 hits and lots of people subscribed to him What happened? First came information that youtube account was hacked. After that he was pushed by governments to do it. When he sent pictures from which he mades videos and where it was clearly seen that they are not real. He was forced to make special conffesions and well he was crucified.

People should use their judgment and logic first then comes religion. It doesn't help to believe something by ignoring facts.

I would like to point out a problem here...

First, don't take this as a direct attack of any kind, please. I believe you just need to be more careful of HOW you say something.

"First came information that youtube account was hacked. "
There was NEVER any information about it, just conjecture and accusations. NibiruShock2012 DID say something in total sarcasm about 'Yeah, and I'm sitting in some room with some guy who has a gun to my head making me write this'.

"After that he was pushed by governments to do it." Again, same thing. It was conjecture on the part of ATS members. "He was forced to make special conffesions and well he was crucified." That really cracks me up... He wouldn't budge and "say it" either... good for him. EDIT: For other members, some of the ATS members were trying to get NS2012 to 'confess to god'... "swear by an oath to the name EHYEH ASHER EHYEH
also in the name of YHWH, I do also swear by an oath of the angels named Colopatiron, Elijah, Gabriel, Michael, Israfi, Izra'il, Munkir & Nakir, Rashnu. Sammael, Sraosha, Urim, Yeshua, El El, that I will the truth and this is not a lie and agree to be punished from each angel if truth not be told, I agree by the Amen Amen" What a joke! You gotta read that whole post (page 10)... rediculous!

Like I said, I think you just need to be careful of your wording. People take things WAY too literally. Not bashing you in any way, so please don't take it that way.

AND on that note, to tie this in with the thread itself:

I believe some of these people that appear to be debunkers, disinfo agents, etc. are actually just reading things too literally and posting based on the wrong assumptions. Anyone that has read the thread "I'm coming clean about my HOAX videos" thread can plainly see that he never even alluded to that notion that his account was hacked and/or he was forced to write a confession. EDIT: Use my own words as example also... He wasn't forced to do anything, they tried to make him say it, though.

And, since you did bring up a good thread to point this out on as well, it seems to me that alot of people like to look for conspiracies where there aren't any at all. I can make up just about any conspiracy I want, but it doesn't mean it's true. That particular thread seemed full of claims of a brand new conspiracy since there wasn't one there to begin with. I have to admit, though, that Willbert DID finally post something near the end (12th page at this time) that finally supported the idea beyond just accusations and pointing fingers. Up until then, it just seemed (albeit in an opposite roles fashion) similar to what the OP is talking about.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Earthscum]

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Earthscum]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
When I think something is up.. I tend to open their profile page and take a look threw all their threads.. You can get a great idea of a members agenda this way.
If you find threads that all support one idea, or support one thought pattern you can then understand what they are up too..

Ive found researching into members and people on here can be a good way to get to know their cyber self. Some people are much like they are in real life.. While others take on a whole new role when they come onto ATS.

Reading and digging is key to understanding what surrounds you!
ATS has many doorways to finding out who works for what agenda.

Thus in ending go to the profile, and click on the Threads link, and check out what they have been up too.. And what seems to be the general thought patterns of said members you feel have an agenda on here.

Happy hunting

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Locus Iste

Um, it is "proofs", not "proves" when speaking in the form of a noun. "Proves" is a verb - an action.

Other than that, I applaud your logic After translating it, I had to agree with the fact that people will believe anything and defend their beliefs to the hilt despite obvious logic to the contrary. I do, however, concede that there are some things that cannot be proven, but they are nevertheless there.

Are there government officials reading these boards? I would doubt if there weren't. Are they being instructed to do so for some covert reason? Who knows? Why not? The GOV is in every other damn thing...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

Who knows? In practical terms it makes little difference what sector these writers represent; spotting the people we are talking about is the key to countering the problems they cause.

I think it's clear many ATS-ers are well aware this is going on and have been tuning their senses, not to mention engaging in a little detective work.

It's particularly interesting to hear comments coming from long-term members who can think back through reams of debates, give examples and identify trends.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join