It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon Stone:China earthquake is karma

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by qiulin
reply to post by zarzar

It's understandable that this thread attracts more attention from Chinese. Because it's inciting to us. I googled "Sharon Stone earthquake" after I heard about the karma comment, which directed me here. I only registered yesterday. Zarzar, you really don't need to waste your time defending Stone's comment, which just shows that you are as cruel as her. Different societies may have different moral standards, but there is lowest standard: people should not humiliate dead innocent ones.

I am not defending Stone's comment in any way, but I do not perceive it as so cruel to the victims. She is just frank and her message is simple, she is angry with the Chinese government, because it oppresses the Tibetan people, etc., and she conveys that we should help the earthquake victims despite all that.

I know perfectly well why the Chinese reacted that way, but I am not going to discuss it, since it won't be pleasant to the ears and I would like to pay honors to the dead. May their souls rest in peace and let's pray there will be less of these disasters and less oppression, torture and killings.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarzar

I thought the first part is unimportant, nor did I wanted to waste time in that. Well did not you said you are Buddhist as well? I know perfectly well how Buddhism treats these kind of issues, and you probably know that as well. These religions talk about past lives, rebirth, samsara, etc. The law of karma permeates all these.

You thought? No problem, I will give you the benefits of doubts and assume there is no bad will at play. It is just ironically that for neglecting the first part which her karma comment you effectively has brushen up her commentary, while if it is a Chinese TV station blurring a logo of a competitor is implied and being looked upon by you as curious and implied bad will is at play. Same, whenever a Chinese is making a comment in this thread or in other I have a feeling, just my humble feeling, that you tend to believe it as disinfo or propaganda first instead of sincere treating the provided arguments as another version of the truth which might add more truthness to your own version of the truth... And this humble feeling is only getting stronger with each post you try to imply that we are brainwashed or have eaten a little bit too much propaganda supplies. Just re-read your last few posts.

As for challenging again what I know or not know as a buddhist, please kindly re-read my first post in this thread.

[edit on 26/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by zarzar

Thank you for "wasting" your time to discuss. People can view the footage by themselves to see Stone's comment is wise or not. Chinese are unhappy about it because it's provoking. It's just that simple.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Umm..the government is capable of acting the way it does because of the consciousness of the masses. The psychology of the masses creates those similar institutions.

The masses are responsbile for being ignorant even under the illusion of slavery. the leaders are also responsible for their actions.

Yes, i agree karma is as incomprehensible as life itself. Yet im not too sure...The mindless masses arent innocent like people say. and the leaders arent as guilty as we think either.

Everyone is supporting everyones stupidity. Besides the bad things arent bad....china needs more catalysts to wake up. Thats my guess for the reasons of tragedy there.

Stupid hot bimbos still can make opinions...Who cares. We gotta start relaxing and loving and letting go to create the wonderful future reality we say we want.

The more i open up, the more i see both sides have some truth in their arguments. The black and white thinking has got to go.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
An Open letter to Sharon Stone:

Dear Sharon, You can acrue some serious Karma just saying a thing like that!

Did you know that the word "karma" is eastern in it's origin. It is a fairly difficult concept which involves contemplation to understand. When you say or do something which is negative or judgmental or harsh about others, you yourself are being harmful and then need to work that off as Karma.

Do you truly believe that people who have suffered deserve it, and that you have led a privledged and pampered life because you are so highly spiritual?

This thought is enough to induce a boat load of negative karma all by itself Sharon. Please give it a little thought.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan

Originally posted by zarzar

I thought the first part is unimportant, nor did I wanted to waste time in that. Well did not you said you are Buddhist as well? I know perfectly well how Buddhism treats these kind of issues, and you probably know that as well. These religions talk about past lives, rebirth, samsara, etc. The law of karma permeates all these.

You thought? No problem, I will give you the benefits of doubts and assume there is no bad will at play. It is just ironically that for neglecting the first part which her karma comment you effectively has brushen up her commentary, while if it is a Chinese TV station blurring a logo of a competitor is implied and being looked upon by you as curious and implied bad will is at play. Same, whenever a Chinese is making a comment in this thread or in other I have a feeling, just my humble feeling, that you tend to believe it as disinfo or propaganda first instead of sincere treating the provided arguments as another version of the truth which might add more truthness to your own version of the truth... And this humble feeling is only getting stronger with each post you try to imply that we are brainwashed or have eaten a little bit too much propaganda supplies. Just re-read your last few posts.

As for challenging again what I know or not know as a buddhist, please kindly re-read my first post in this thread.

[edit on 26/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

To be honest I don't care whether you really perceive yourself as a Buddhist or not. I am not challenging you, but teasing you. Don't think I have something negative towards you. Actually although on different shores I enjoy talking with you.

To be honest, I am pretty sure that there are some Chinese disinfo and propaganda people here, and that could even include you, but my opinion is just an opinion after all.

My version of the reality and your version of it overlap in some areas, and these enriched my version of the truth. However, the bigger part is just the opposite.

Your feeling that I am implying that you have eaten a little bit too much propaganda supplies is right. As for the brainwashing that is also the case. But that is not so big deal since we are all brainwashed to one or another extend. I just see that the damage done to the Chinese people is way bigger and that is sad. Of course you could just play dumb, but let's hope that is not the case.

Let me give you an example again. You repeated the words of the Communist party that Falun Gong imposes a danger to its followers and threatens the social stability. Then I asked for a few examples not from the Communist party media sources and not from inside China, which justify that Falun Gong followers are doing something illegal in their respective countries and that they endanger somehow other people or themselves. I still have not received any answer to my request and it seems to me that it is plainly avoided. What do you think about that? I will be happy to hear other Chinese people answers to that as well. But again - no Communist party media sources and no inside China stories, just foreign ones.

I don't want to go too offtopic, but I think we are discussing serous things that would be of interest to the other readers and will enrich the topic itself.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
An Open letter to Sharon Stone:

Dear Sharon, You can acrue some serious Karma just saying a thing like that!

Did you know that the word "karma" is eastern in it's origin. It is a fairly difficult concept which involves contemplation to understand. When you say or do something which is negative or judgmental or harsh about others, you yourself are being harmful and then need to work that off as Karma.

Do you truly believe that people who have suffered deserve it, and that you have led a privledged and pampered life because you are so highly spiritual?

This thought is enough to induce a boat load of negative karma all by itself Sharon. Please give it a little thought.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Cyberbian]

The concept of karma is not as simple as you imagine, if you have not studied Eastern religions teachings. For example Buddhism have a pretty consistent explanation to natural disasters according to it's teachings, and that includes karma and other concepts.

Whether Sharon is aware of them or not is a different story - I guess she is not, but that could not be the case. If we are going to comment on the subject of karma, at least we need to have some basic understanding of the Buddhist teachings in this regard. Otherwise we could just talk nonsense since we are not aware of the subject itself. What I am saying is not targeted at someone in particular, but to the posters in general.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The center of earthquack wenchuan sichuan is the Tibetan autonomous region. that is her Karma?
so said so hear this. I am a chinese living in Bejing.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
she's an idiot.

if it WAS karma.. then the negative happening (earthquake) would have directly affected ONLY political individuals that made the decisions to hurt Tibetans... NOT the innocent..

she's a freaking moron.

I just hope people overseas aren't making the same blanket judgments about people here in America.

-

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It seems that Miss Stone believes in Karma.OK.
More than 60,000 innocent people died,Plenty of children were orphaned in this disaster.
I don`t know whether Miss Stone trust love.
But i guess she`ll never understand it.
More than 60,000 rancorous spirits are watching ur back Miss Stone!!!
They will follow u everywhere...
I`m waiting for see ur KARMA.

Van
SiChuan CN

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
I just hope people overseas aren't making the same blanket judgments about people here in America.
-

They are doing that. You know it perfectly well

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

in china we wont,we know people are different.she is just an ignorant individula,my best friend is amecian.i sent this link to him and he said he was so glad to see the response of most americans here in this thread.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sharon, what about 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina? Are they also Karma to Americans for doing bad things to other countries and the whole world but always pretending to be the world policemen? ???Talk about Tibet when you get known of some real Tibetans living in China besides your good friend and best actor and ambitious politician Dalai Lama !! He is really smart to fool so many western people, pretending that he is the only one cares about Tibet and Tibetan. Unfortunately, we Tibetan do not want to stand by his side.So many innocent people died in the earthquake, a disaster to the planet. Of course, blood-colded Sharon with the Stone heart doesn't deserve to live in this planet, maybe,Mars? Oh, with her friend Dalai Lama!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zarzar

ZarZar, I appreciate your thoughful reply. I was in no way trying to define Karma. I was merely attempting to illustrate a single simple concept of it's application.

You are right I am not familiar with the concept of natural disasters being related to Karma. I have always understood it as a personal experience.
I have some experience. Not that one.

At any rate, I find it harder day by day to pick out anyone standing securely on higher ground on this planet. The good guys appear to be scattered evenly across the landscape, and ruled over by the greedy.

A person may speak for themself of rightiousness; but to do so about the affairs of another land is questionable, when there remains so much unrightiousness in ones own land.

I am not Chinese, but I have been to mainland China. They seem to be a good people. Simple generous and sincere. They give up much, willingly for the good of the whole, and in turn for the good of themselves.
They are more profoundly like Americans than people wish to recognize.
The differences lie in the subtleys. The prime difference being the focus on social and personal interconnectedness. Unlike the American trend toward alienation.

My one regret for the Chinese people is that they have bought into the western way, lock stock and barrel. They had the opportunity to have technology without making the mistake of the automobile. I wish for them they had looked at our mistakes as well as our successes, and designed a more sane way of life than we have.

They clearly prize technological development over their own cultural heritages. This is understandable after the cultural revolution where Mao worked to erase their historical culture. Now they like to parade in the costumes of the subcultures for major events, while erasing the subcultures themselves from existence.

Oh what a sad world they will find when they can drive from one end of China to the other and never experience a difference from having stayed home.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zarzar

zarzar, please be kind to people's kindness. English is not our mother language. But we can definitely see sympathy, kindness and objective , constructive criticism from most Americans but coldness and hostility from others. Facing the big disaster, all the love and sympathy we have received we cherish even more, while all the hurt is more hurting. Many Chinese didn't like Japanese because of WWII, but they have received great praise and thanks at least among Chinese netizens recently. I'm sure the relationship between these two countries will definitely be closer.

Actually I have no much mood to argue, or to judge our people are innocent or deserve it. My family is safe but some of my students lost their families and homes. Everyday, I read recent news and stories on the earthquake from internet. People elsehwere can hardly feel the horror and sorrow in Sichuan. Love is something to be feel more than something to be talked about. People have rights to dislike Chinese government or us ignorant Chinese mass. It's just not a good TIMING to stress that.

I deeply appreciate all non-Chinese who have showed understanding in this thread. Thank you very much. It does help.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join